Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UPDATE: eyes are nearly free of all red veins!!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm thinking of doing an anti Canadia diet. I have not tried this but have been on antibiotics long term and am starting to have skin issues. My eyes have also just gotten redder. They aren't THAT red but they are compared to how they looked before! I'm starting to get depressed a little! I don't know what diet to do? Raw food? Anti Canadia?

Comment

Hmm that's an interesting theory and I wouldn't be totally surprised as I've had several vaginal yeast infections that was treated with flucanazole. Doesn't taurine feed candida though? I don't have any pets.

Originally posted by Logandly View Post
      Hi LaDiva and Faith,

I don't have meibomian gland dysfunction- and this might seem controversial, but I actually think MGD is just a symptom of yeast overgrowth in the entire system. I did suffer from itchy scalp constantly until recently when I started taking the 2000mg L-Arginine and it was only accident that I discovered this since I was on holiday and didn't use my usual shampoo with selenium and sulfur to counteract the itch.

I've had dry eyes since extended contact lens wear and every ophthalomogist told me that my tear evaporation was faster than average, but the eye redness problems came on suddenly late last year when I switched to Acuvue Advance lenses from Acuvue 2s.

Anyhow, I'm wondering how many of you have pets? Pets are also carriers of yeast, and it is important to bathe them every week, even cats, as I think cats are the biggest offenders.

Logan x

Comment

It's been a few days using taurine, and I'm sleeping better but no eye progress

Comment

Originally posted by hosanna13 View Post
          Hmm that's an interesting theory and I wouldn't be totally surprised as I've had several vaginal yeast infections that was treated with flucanazole. Doesn't taurine feed candida though? I don't have any pets.
          The opposite: Taurine inhibits candida. Taurine is a sulfur-based amino acid- sulfurs kill candida and yeast. Also- foods with sulfur also inhibit candida: such as garlic. I think my lack of itchy scalp could be both due to Taurine + L-Arginine. This is something I've had for a long time, as long as I can remember! So glad to be rid of it now

Comment

Faith,

Are you still on the restasis? Also mind you, I started seeing results in the second week. Perhaps you should give it time and in the meantime, stop using all other meds?

Comment

I will give it more time for sure, and am going to increase the dose my second week. I have cut back on restasis but do not want to be off completely right now.. See how this goes. Thank you for sharing your story, it gives us hope. My doctor also told me "this is as white as your eyes can get, the veins are normal" I don't buy it lol At least I'm sleeping better on the taurine!! Please keep giving updates

Comment

Would be interested to see how the vitamin E drops work for anyone if anyone else is trying that. I need something to combat dryness during the day that doesn't feel like pouring battery acid on my sclera. I really hope they don't sting...

Comment

Hi Faith- yes doctors always say that, and I did't believe it! And certainly, it wasn't true at all. But I have to say I like my ophthalmologist, but doctors are limited by what they learn in medical school, and medical school education is mainly derivative of pharmaceutical practices. Anyhow, I told my ophthalmologist about the Taurine and how it whitened my eyes, and he was pleasantly surprised! They're just taught to prescribe steroids for everything.

Anyhow, I'm going to try wearing contact lenses in a month or so, and see what happens.

BTW for those interested, I tried the CAN-C (NAC) eye drops, and they immediately made my eye super red, and the blood vessels in my eyes became inflamed! I was in shock as I thought I had re-developed red eyes, but I applied some Vitamin E oil drops, and they went back to white again.

I looked into the CAN-C drops, and two of the ingredients was benzol alcohol and boric acid so most likely that was responsible for causing the histamine reaction. I would be curious to know if anyone else has had success with CAN-C drops, but for me it was a definite NO!

Logan x

Comment

Loganly, where do you get your vitamin E eyedrops? Thanks!

Comment

Hi LaDiva,

I use the one from Nature's Bounty which you can take orally as well. I switched the top with an eye dropper lid that fits the same size and put two drops in my eyes everyday.

http://www.drugstore.com/natures-bou...00-iu/qxp16981

It has the consistency of oil and not as thick and sticky as Vit E capsules. There's no sting and works really well! Let me know how you find it.

Logan x

PS Make sure you use the Vit E oil that you can take orally as well- there are many different brands out there, but this one I found the best.

Comment

Thanks a million! Fingers crossed!

Comment

I feel the same !

Comment

LaDiva-tell me if you try this!

Comment

Hi Kate,
                              I will. Am going to get some vitamin e at the health food store today, if I can remember it.

Comment

Hi I tried vitamin e drops for a couple days, but found it made my eyes very red for another couple days. Did you ever experience this, Logan?

Comment

Working...
                                X