Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UPDATE: eyes are nearly free of all red veins!!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow! Just want to comment on the metrogel and acne. I had a bad bought of acne last year. Antibiotics did not help, nor did different acne gels. The doctor was in the middle of re-adjusting my hormone medications, and so I thought that was the cause of the acne, and it might have been. Yesterday I noticed that I had a big boil along the hairline, just like last year, and a pimple on the forehead. I read your post above logandly, and decided to put Metrogel on my forehead last night. Today the boil is almost gone, and the pimple has vanished. Thought I was no longer having yeast issues, but it seems that is not the case. I had no idea it could manifest on the skin as acne. Thank you for sharing your experience.

Comment

I'd like to thank Logan for all his very informative posts. I've learned a lot from them. I've been trying many of the supplements he has mentioned, so far no noticeable improvement, but its early days, and these posts have given me hope, and helped me to stay positive. So I appreciate them.

Comment

What happened to logandly?

Comment

Amino acids are essential part of our tears. The article below prove that taurine and arginine are important for ocular surface: "The relative compositions of Tau, L-methionine, and Arg (arginine ) decreased in severe ocular surface disease subjects compared with non–ocular surface disease subjects".

http://www.ajo.com/article/S0002-939...877-9/abstract

Logandly was right about interaction between amino acids and vitamin B2. Italian company producees drops with both amino acids and vitamin b2 for dry eyes (RIBOLISIN):
          http://www.oogroup.it/oftaht/en/md_ribolisin.html

Did anyone else have any success with taurine for getting rid of red vessels?

Comment

Hey,

Im currently taking taurine, I have a very prominent red squiggly vein in my left eye, I'm hoping that will fade. I have a lot of veins in my right eye, still trying to work out if this is pingueculitis, hopefully the taurine will help them. Im taking lots of other vitamins too though so its hard to tell whats working. If I notice a dramatic improvement within the next couple of weeks I will let you know.

Cath x
            27, pinguecula, dry eye, Wirral, UK

Comment

I was taking taurine and L-arginine for a month, and didnt notice any improvement. But maybe I should have kept up with it.

Comment

for those of you who have tried this, how has it worked for you? how much Taurin do you reccomend daily?

Comment

Taurine didn't work. It can have a calming effect but it is mild. And one thing you need to be careful of with taurine is dehydration...which can make dry eye worse. From personal experience, it will speed up kidney action...

Comment

DId you try this for dry eye or veiny eyes? how long did you try it for?

Comment

It had no effect on my eyes either. Waste of money.

Comment

Hello all! This is my first message here: I registered on the site today. I've been reading lots of the posts here, though. My question to Logan: after reading your posting, I'm considering using Solcoseryl. I used FML (Fluorometholone) last year and my eyes are still burning and stinging from it. Subsequently, I was prescribed Alrex (loteprednol etabonate 2%), then unpreserved Prednisolone+Healon, and both have made my eyes even worse. So Logan, did you ever use FML? If so, was the burning and stinging from FML or Loteprednol? Are there any side effects to using Solcoseryl? You also talk of Vitamin E oil: which kind exactly do you use? Thanks so much to all. Gerri

Comment

Hi Logan,

I recently ordered taurine and arginine after reading your improvement while being on them. I was just wondering if you can give any updates as to how it's going?

Thanks!

Comment

Hi Logan,
                            I am new to Dry Eye Talk. Just introduced myself tonight. So happy I found this site. Very informational and educational. I have suffered from dry eyes since my mid-twenties and I now 63!! Suffering from severe redness and dryness (see my post-Leelu) I was reading your post and decide to try Taurine. How long did you use it before you noticed your eyes have cleared up from the redness? Are you still using the Vitamin E drops? Would love to hear back. Thank you.
                            Leelu

Comment

I followed all of logandly's advice at the beginning of the year, but didn't notice any improvement with taurine, or Vit-E drops. NAC helps me however.

Comment

Nac

Originally posted by sleek822 View Post
                                I followed all of logandly's advice at the beginning of the year, but didn't notice any improvement with taurine, or Vit-E drops. NAC helps me however.
                                Hello sleek822,
                                I plan on trying taurine and vitamin e drops. What is NAC?
                                Thanks.
                                Leelu

Comment

Working...
                                X