Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UPDATE: eyes are nearly free of all red veins!!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey everyone,

I have another UPDATE regarding my intake of the supplements: Taurine and L-Arginine:

I used to suffer from really itchy scalp and had to always use shampoos or conditioners with sulfur in it, like Head N Shoulders or Neutrogena etc, but since taking the supplements, I no longer have itchy scalp! This week, I've been using a regular shampoo because I'm on vacation still, and I suddenly noticed that my scalp wasn't itchy anymore!

So, here are some "side effects" to the Taurine and L-Arginine supplementation I have discovered which I didn't expect:

1. Glowing skin
    2. Increased energy, feeling of "high" when I exercise
    3. No more itchy scalp!

Logan x

Comment

Logan, it may be my source of redness but it helps with the dryness ill start only using it once a day to see what happens. I am trying raw honey on the lids starting yesterday. What's your take on honey? And are all your red veins still gone?! You are so lucky lol I have threads of them only on the outer corners, my inner corners are pure white. My eyes used to be so white until one morning out of no where... Hasn't been the same since

Comment

Originally posted by Faith1989 View Post
        Does anyone on this thread tried restasis? I'm considering cutting back but I'm scared! It has helped the dryness but not the redness, it's made it worse I think!
        I had nothing but burning and pain from Restasis. The burning lasted for hours and hours. The pain was so bad that I reported it to the safety department at Allergan and to the FDA.

Comment

Originally posted by Faith1989 View Post
          My eyes used to be so white until one morning out of no where... Hasn't been the same since
          Faith1989, did you ever have cultures done of your eye lid margins and conjunctiva?

Comment

No I haven't ... I don't have flakes or anything on my lids... Just redness , I think from rosacea. My skin doesn't look bad though at all. My doctor is shocked at why my eyes are so much worse than my skin. Restasis doesn't cause me pain, burns a little but does cause red eye. It has helped with the dryness though, ill give it that. I'm a young girl, used to think the world of myself until this happened. Now I don't like looking people in the eye.. Lol I'm trying to eat SUPER clean and just get the inflammation down . Nothing has done the trick yet besides lotemax which isn't a option forever.

Comment

I'm wondering about the culture because you mentioned that it all came on suddenly. Just a thought.

Comment

I appreciate it thank you!!

Comment

Have ordered L-Arginine, Taurine Powder, and Milk Thistle off the internet. Will be interesting to see how the progress goes.

Comment

Faith, I'll also be trying the taurine so let's keep eachother posted on the results. I also use restasis, I can't tell if restasis is causing the redness or if it's just the dryness. Shouldn't restasis theoretically decrease redness because it decreases inflammation?

Comment

I also bought some taurine, and ordered some Oasis Tears. Fingers crossed for everyone. If I can remember to report back here, I will, so Faith and hosanna, let me know how it goes!

Comment

Logan is the redness still gone?!

Comment

Hi Faith,

Nearly all of the redness is gone- although I still have one horizontal squiggly line in my right eye that is a light pink. When I drink caffeine though, my vessels get slightly more visible by turning pink- but definitely not the flaming bleeding red it was before. But I really don't want to give up drinking tea or coffee

I also noticed that when I take 2000mg L-Arginine and immediately do high aerobic exercise- inside at the gym or even outside in the cold in near freezing temperatures, my eyes become SUPER WHITE!! Before my eyes would turn really red when cold outside but not anymore!

The one remaining visible pink vein in my eye tells me that I probably have some sort of arterial obstruction somewhere, which is probably going to take longer to heal.

Anyhow, please let me know how you're doing on your progress! And I mentioned this before in another post you want to check out Faith, but the Vitamin E oil drops really help with the dryness. Since using it, I do not have dry eyes anymore. http://www.dryeyezone.com/talk/showt...for-your-eyes!

Logan x

Comment

Logandly, do you have meibomian gland disfunction? What is your dry eye diagnosis?

Comment

I was curious about your diagnoses also. I think any redness I have is from mainly mgd. When my lids aren't inflamed (which is never lol) my eyes are more clear and don't hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by LaDiva View Post
                                Logandly, do you have meibomian gland disfunction? What is your dry eye diagnosis?
                                Hi LaDiva and Faith,

I don't have meibomian gland dysfunction- and this might seem controversial, but I actually think MGD is just a symptom of yeast overgrowth in the entire system. I did suffer from itchy scalp constantly until recently when I started taking the 2000mg L-Arginine and it was only accident that I discovered this since I was on holiday and didn't use my usual shampoo with selenium and sulfur to counteract the itch.

I've had dry eyes since extended contact lens wear and every ophthalomogist told me that my tear evaporation was faster than average, but the eye redness problems came on suddenly late last year when I switched to Acuvue Advance lenses from Acuvue 2s.

Anyhow, I'm wondering how many of you have pets? Pets are also carriers of yeast, and it is important to bathe them every week, even cats, as I think cats are the biggest offenders.

Logan x

Comment

Working...
                                X