Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eye drop help and advice needed

Hi,
    I have dry eye, blepharitis, MGD, and ocular rosacea. I am currently on Restasis 4 times a day and use the following artificial tears a few times a day: soothe, refresh, genteal, and theratears. I intend to purchase the Dwelle from this site as well. But, I recently read (can't remember where) that people with our disorders need to use two types of eye drops-one that is purely lubricating and the other that replaces the tear film. Apparently, with only using the former it tells your eye to stop producing the tear film. So, I am new to all of this and wonder if any of those I mentioned help with the tear film. If not, which eye drop should I be adding? My doc. isn't helpful at all in this regard as she told me Restasis and Refresh are all I need.
    Thanks so much!
    Tiffany

Hi Tiffany,

I have the same eye issues as you so I'll just mention a few things that come to mind when reading your post.

First of all, Soothe drops have been recalled so I'd definitely stop using them. An alternative to the Soothe drops is Systane Balance although those are not preservative-free either.

In the eight years I've been dealing with all this I've found that I can not use any drops with preservatives without them causing more irritation. (Even ones like Genteal that have a "disappearing" preservative. Dwelle was horrible for me as well.)

As for the "lubricating" and "tear film" issues what works best for me is using a PF ointment at night (lubricating & oil-based/helps restore the lipid layer) and then PF drops
    (for tear film) during the day. I am trying out Oasis drops PF from this site (for the tear film) but have used Refresh Celluvisc, Refresh Plus, Thera Tears, Bion Tears, Systane, etc. None has given me remarkable relief.

Finding which is most comfortable and the longest lasting is really an individual thing though so hopefully you can find drops that work for you.

Take care.
    Alison

Comment

Thank you so much, Alison.

I will check out all of the suggestions you mentioned. I'm glad you told me Dwelle didn't work as I was just about to order it. I had no idea it had preservatives.

Take care,
      Tiffany

Comment

Working...
      X