This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• inquiry to those with RCEs

Hi everyone. I am hoping that those of you with RCEs can satisfy my curiosity. When you had your 1st corneal erosion, did you have any other illnesses around the same time? Thanks.

Lasik three days before

Comment

No illnesses
      Every day with DES is like a box of chocolates...You never know what you're going to get.

Comment

PRK one week before.

Later, though, certain medications (e.g. allergy meds) caused extreme dryness that I believe led to nighttime erosions.

Comment

No disease - I poked myself in the eye with the corner of a magazine two months before. (Not recommended!) I had had dry eyes for years before that. The eye that has erosions is actually less dry than the other one.

Lisa

Comment

Out of the blue...

No illness, no history of eye problems in particular, although I have often suspected other people's eyes didn't feel like mine- I have always had minor dryness, light senstitivity, and filmy feelings from time to time, but often thought it was contact lenses (Gave them up 10 years ago) then allergies, makeup sensitivity etc.

So my RCE thing came pretty much out of the blue, no injury or illness around that time. The first few episodes were pretty minor, but annoying, and over about 7 nights it intensified each night (then twice a night) until I went to Emergency and started all this research.

Comment

Started when I was approx 20 years old

Mine started very slowly and happened over a period of years where it has become worse... (1980 onwards...)

I didn't realise what was even happening to me for a number of years..

My problem is only at night..., never in the day...

I tried everything and nothing worked... I now wear contact lens at night and the problem has cleared up..., but I still have issues with dry eye..., but as the eyelid can no longer "stick" the errosions are under control...

Comment

Mine started about 15 years after an injury, right in the spot where the injury was, but my eyes had felt terrible for years before that happened. I could not get any help for that "menthol feeling" that Rojzen so clearly labeled. I also have EBMD, and I am sure that is why the injured part never healed correctly and the rest feels uncomfortable.

Welcome, ColinA!

--Liz

Comment

Nothing specific, but increasing problems as the years passed.

I do have migraine with aura though.

Comment

Working...
                  X