Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, I don't think there's any more practical advice I can add to the above, but again more warm breezes being sent to you from me. This site has helped me an unbelievable amount, both on a practical level and a personal one too, and I've learnt an awful lot.

Do hang on in there, it will get better, and thank you Sandra Lee for your kind words about me.

Best wishes

Sally

Comment

Dear "redandsensitive":

Let me add my voice to those of others by sending you another warm breeze of light, from across the ocean.
      I hope that you will continue to reach out to people who can understand and support you.
      Please do not give up hope.
      Please do not withdraw from those who want to help you.

I had my difficult moments with dry eyes (plus other post-Lasik problems), and found a number of generous people via the internet
      -- some of whom are still on this bulletin board (((( )))) -- who helped me during my low points.
      Helped both with emotional support and with extremely practical advice to improve my eye health.
      Low points, which I almost never have any more, and which are never as bad as when my life was consumed with these matters -- honestly!

Comment

I just wanted to say maybe you could go and see a doctor in France or somewhere else in Europe (Cause i know they no nothing about dry eyes in Scandinavia! ) and i do not think you have to pay for that yourself (not all of it anyway).

Maybe you have talked to Toril about this allready.

Comment

Please know that you are not alone. Several of us here have low self-esteem and depression due to eye issues. Keep reading the positive messages on this board, and try to think positive thoughts about the good things in your life. Sometimes we tend to magnify our imperfections more than we should. Things will get better.

Comment

Thanx for your posts

I'm doing better now, and have started with some new supplements:
            - Reservatrol
            - Vitamin A and D
            - Lutein
            - Blueberry
            - Grapeseed
            - Green te
            - Red wine extracts
            - Euphrasia
            - Flaxseed
            - Zaditen (allergy drops, I don't have allergies, but it seems to help)
            - Humifider
            - Home eye spa
            - artificial drops without preservatives

I think my right eye is better (more white), but I'm not sure.

I will continue with all of this, since it's the only hope I have..
            I don't have much pain, but my tears are evaporating to quickly. So I think I have MGD (maybe becouse of large amount of antibiotic in the past, since that can damage the "good bacteria" in the eyes) ?! What's killing me, is that my eyes are red all the time..

One more thing, when I get stressed or anxiety, my eyes become bloodshot. What's that about? I don't think I have rosacea.

Thanx for reading
            The cure: be open minded

Comment

when I get stressed or anxiety, my eyes become bloodshot. What's that about? I don't think I have rosacea.
              That very well could be ocular rosacea since stress and anxiety are two classic triggers. Dry, red, burning eyes is a given with it. You can have OR without having facial rosacea at all. I am frequently told what beautiful skin I have - yet my eyes are always red - and much worse under flourescent lights. Many people with dry red eyes are surprised to learn that they actually do in fact have ocular rosacea - if you have any visible veins on your lids, that's another sign. (Dr. Latkaney is great at diagnosing this.) I have mentioned ocular rosacea on the board many times, to many people, and I can't quite wrap my head around why so many automatically dismiss it. Those of is that have it don't "want" it either - just like none of us want the pain that comes the dryness either. It is what it is though.

I'm glad you're feeling better and have a more positive outlook. Hopefully the new supplements ands regimen will help you a lot.

Comment

hello

You should probably be on an antidepressent or something to relax you -

Sometimes they do cause dryness - sometimes they help us get through the day

Comment

i was where you are....but there is a way out,

Dear redandsensitive,

I can completely understand how you feel, as I have often wished for my life to end when I was gven no treatment, and was seeing bewildered doctors who were only shrugging their shoulders and prescribing artificial tears for me. I literally wanted something to happen to me, so this agony would end.

I have posted before the medication regimen that shone light on my emotional health and brought relief to my painful eyes. I would suggest to you to try using antiinflammatory drops, consult with a doctor who can prescribe a weak steroid like FML drops, NSAID drop like Akular (that also takes care of even bad redness, Restasis, in addition to all the things you listed here that you are taking.

You might even try a compunded higher concentration of cyclosporine (thats the active substance in Restasis). Also, there are a few very promising agents for dry eyes currently in clinical trials. THere is so much hope! You can take doxycycline as well, it helps people with ocular rosacea.

I mean try to shift your focus on fighting the condition; i shifted all my anger and frustration on looking for an diligently applying treatments; ging to different doctors, researching things, making the doctors themselves research things. I also went travelling a bit...to places that I always dreamt of going to. I also prayed, and read inspirational books which helped me so much.

All og this was like groping in the darkness at first, and i was very hopeless, but I kept pressing on. For me I decided I have to try my damned best to find relief from my condition. I decided no to take the helplessness of the doctors I used to see as a reference point.

Ieven went to a good doctor who took me seriously and I made him research their electronic library on articles regarding my condition in front of me!!! He found so much interesting stuff, that he was researching on his own, and even sharing the articles with me. There is so much going on in medical science, sooner than we expect there will be a cure for all of us.

Until then, we just have to try our damned best with diligent treatment and patience. to fight with all means available and never ever give up!

I am only one example of many people who after putting up a serious fight, got so much better.

Trust me, I was in your shoes,with horrific dry eyes, no treatment except artificial tears which did nothing, and contemplating the end of my life. And I had noone to talk to. At that same time I had a miscarriage, the cleaning procedure was not doen properly and I was stuck in an air conditioned hopsital with a huge abscess in my uterus, extremely dry eyes, no treatment for the dry eyes, and intraveous antibiotics flowing in me from at least 4 different veins at a time, for a period of 2 months and a half.

I was at risk of all my reproductive organs taken out ( I have no children yet), the pain in my tummy was absolutely agonizing, i was voiting often, i had lost my baby, i was not sure whether I would lose my job and my marriage was falling apart (we were discussing divorce). EVery second was agonaizing pain and anxiety, not infrequently sheer terror.

But somehow I decided to fight; I decided to have the abscess cured, and my organs saved, and my eyes taken care of first thing when out of the hospital. I decided I had to do my damned best before I surrender. And I decided I would seek God's help.

It was so scary, but there was nothing else left to do. There was no time for sitting and hoping things will get better on their own. I had to be proactive like never before. And to sustain that momentum for a long time if I wanted to see results.

And I did just that. It has brought me to a much better plae....thank God I am out of the darkness...it has been more than 4 years of suffering and relentless fight. But the fight was worth it. Without it , it would have been only suffering, and getting worse.

Comment

[QUOTE=redandsensitive;46231]Thanx for your posts

I'm doing better now, and have started with some new supplements:
                    - Reservatrol
                    - Vitamin A and D
                    - Lutein
                    - Blueberry
                    - Grapeseed
                    - Green te
                    - Red wine extracts
                    - Euphrasia
                    - Flaxseed
                    - Humifider
                    - Home eye spa

I think my right eye is better (more white), but I'm not sure.

I will continue with all of this, since it's the only hope I have..
                    I don't have much pain, but my tears are evaporating to quickly. So I think I have MGD (maybe becouse of large amount of antibiotic in the past, since that can damage the "good bacteria" in the eyes) ?! What's killing me, is that my eyes are red all the time..

One more thing, when I get stressed or anxiety, my eyes become bloodshot. What's that about? I don't think I have rosacea.

Thanx for reading [/QUOTE]

Do you drink a lot of water? water will not make it goaway but it can get a little bit better.

I also think that when you get stressed your eyes will not get enought of tears and that is why they get red but i do not know maybe you have ocular rosacea... Do you have inflamed eyelids?

Comment

Hi again!

This rosacea thing scares me, one thing is red eyes, but red in the entire face, wow..

I do not have inflamation in my eyelids as far I can see. I'm dark under my eyes and I have the last 6 months started to get acne again, or I don't know if it's acne. I don't think it is pimples, is more red like small bumps. I have verry oily skin (I get a LOT of acne when I take flax!!!), and have had troubles with acne for 8 years (shoulders, chest, face), so I have used Tetracycline 500 mg for 6 years (my eyes got red after 5 years of Tetracycline. I have not used Tetracycline for one year now, but my eyes is worse than ever! So I don't know if it's safe to use Doxycycline (I have doxycycline at home), maybe I have disrupted the balanse betwin my good bacteria and my bad bacteria.. ?! I'm now taking pills with good bacteria (in case my gastrointestinal-system is in unbalanse -I don't have tummy problems).

So I have NO clue what's going on. My doctor won't send me to an eyedoctor, skindoctor of a person who check if I am allergic to something, he says I don't have enough problems with my eyes.. So I'm saving now for a flight ticket so I can see Dr. Latkany, but man, that's going to take forever.

I have used this regimen for 4 weeks now, but no improvement:

- Reservatrol
                      - Vitamin A and D
                      - Lutein
                      - Blueberry
                      - Grapeseed
                      - Green te
                      - Red wine extracts
                      - Euphrasia
                      - Flaxseed
                      - Humifider
                      - Home eye spa

The only thing that helps my eyes are sunlight, after 15 min in the sun, my eyes become bright white. But that only last for 5-6 ours..Does that mean I have microorganisms in my eyelids, and the UV light kills this, so my membomian glands starts to produce oil again? Well, I don't know..

One more thing, after the warm compress and massage, my eyes beome 5 times more dry for several ours.

I have used 4 vivals since I started typing this post :s

I now use Cipralex (antidepressants), and I'm going to start taking Abilyfy (antipsychotic).

lalala, I'm on the road to hell... lala

Comment

glad that you are trying some things, sounds like you have the problem of Doctors that don't get it. I've had them tell me there's nothing wrong with me .

...there's a london doctor sometimes recommended on here, Dr Guillion (? not sure if i have the name right). Maybe you can go on a cheap flight to London??
                        just keep swimming...

Comment

constant

only those that have experienced the CONSTANT low grade pain of dry eyes for weeks or months or years can truly understand your pain.

but when you get control of it, or get a handle on it (and you WILL)... the euphoria of just waking up without thinking of your eyes makes every regular, boring, plain old daily day seem extraordinary.

You will appreciate the littlest things and see the world through a whole new
                          window. Welcome to the club!
                          "Happiness is finally getting the splinter out"sigpic

Comment

Red and sensitive,

I have had to avoid the warm compresses as well. Try an ice pack to your eyes. One lady on this site used ice water cloths on her eyes all night, and she said it worked wonders for her.

Best wishes,
                            Melissa
                            pianolady

Comment

Thank you so much for your post and caring!! You have helped me a lot with your warm words

I have come to the conclusion that I have Ocular Rosacea. I have all the symptoms, with the most prominent: a lot of crust on my eyelids in the morning, and the flushing.

So Ocular Rosacea ==>> Meibomian gland dysfunction
                              ==>> Posterior blepharitis ==>> Dry eyes ==>> Red eyes.
                              Am I right?

I have bought Rosacea Ltd III ( http://www.rosacea-ltd.com/ ).

And this: This one is important to all of us:

I have started drinking 15 glass of alkaline water with a PH of 8,5 - 9,5. This is good for overall health if youre body is acid.. Just google it, and you will find a lot of information on it. http://www.phionbalance.com/

I will wait for 1 month before I write here if I feel an improvment, so I'm sure!

http://www.rosacea-ltd.com/ is supposed to help people with Ocular rosacea and rosacea, I'll have it in one week. I will also wait for 1 month before I confirme if this help my eyes. God, I'm sooo excited!!!

I have just started taking Abilify 5 mg, and I feel a different state of mind. I feel more motivated to do things now. And also antidepressants!

I will of course keep on with my supplements:

- Reservatrol
                              - Vitamin A and D
                              - Lutein
                              - Blueberry
                              - Grapeseed
                              - Green te
                              - Red wine extracts
                              - Euphrasia
                              - Flaxseed (30 000 mg a day!!!)
                              - Humifider
                              - Home eye spa- NO!! This just aggravating my eyes soo much, so never again the home eye spa!! Maybe it's because I have Ocular Rosacea?!?

So if you have an input, bring it on I think the rosacea-ltd sounds really interesting.

redandsensitive

Comment

hello

Glad to see you are having positive improvements - sometimes the anxiety and depression over these things can be taxing - I have bad ocd - so anytime I have an issue it is tough.

Comment

Working...
                                X