This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

very nice post!

(sorry but-) i'd say overwhelmly the condition has made me bitter and cynical, haha. yet, as it has been extremely trying on my patience and willpower i've come to be a more resilient and humble person. i can't complain, all five of your points are very much valid

Comment

Originally posted by moni
      Boo I wish i could see the benefits like you guys. Sadly, to be honest it hasnt really made me a better person, every day I wish i could have just gotten a cold or something like that. My personality has changed so much, i am bitter, cynical, insecure, and i actually get annoyed when people/friends talk about all the good things happening in their lives. I even find myself wishing this had happened to an ex =/ haha, I know it sounds horrible. My parents are almost divorcing because of the tension and financial stress of my situation.
      My eye problems haven't just affected me; the complex feelings and lifestyle have also been overwhelming for family members. Constant pain affects the way we relate to them and the way they relate to us.

If this condition is a `gift', it is certainly not one that I wish to bequeath to my daughters because they have had to put up with enough.

(No-one has ever told me that I'm a better person now than I was before all this kicked in - I tend to think I was OK before).

Comment

Working...
      X