X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joseph
    replied
    I have the same thing Pritzzy. Dont give up hope things will get better, I really believe you might want to talk to somebody like a doctor to get you through these rough times. You have a lot of anxiety and sound really upset. I feel a doctor might help you put some things into perspective. P.S Did you get my message?

Leave a comment:

• pritzzy
    replied
    My right eye which is severe swells up when the symptoms are at its peak and shows blurred vision most of the time.. The vision in the left eye is perfect and it is quite calm in most part of the day. There is very less burning and menthol sensation in the left eye as compared to the right.

Does anyone experiences this?

Leave a comment:

• pritzzy
    replied
    could be.

Originally posted by Joseph View Post
    I think there is a sinus, dry eye link. My left sinus is always stuffed and the more stuffed it is the more dry my eye seems
    just a week back i had a ct scan. i was diagnosed with sinusitis. As per the doctors, it could be a reason for the eye trouble.

Leave a comment:

• Joseph
    replied
    I think there is a sinus, dry eye link. My left sinus is always stuffed and the more stuffed it is the more dry my eye seems

Leave a comment:

• pritzzy
    replied
    Originally posted by Jade View Post
    It took a long time, but I got my painful dryness in both eyes to a tolerable level about 2 years ago by using Azasite, but my right eye is very painful (for the past 5 years) because I have a recurrent epithelial defect on my right cornea. It's like I have a cut that opens up, then heals, and then the cycle repeats again and again with no end in sight so far.
    Sorry to know! Even i've started to feel that its never going to end.. :|

Leave a comment:

• Jade
    replied
    It took a long time, but I got my painful dryness in both eyes to a tolerable level about 2 years ago by using Azasite, but my right eye is very painful (for the past 5 years) because I have a recurrent epithelial defect on my right cornea. It's like I have a cut that opens up, then heals, and then the cycle repeats again and again with no end in sight so far.

Leave a comment:

• pritzzy
    replied
    Has anyone found relief yet?
    Its been around a year for me.. :|

Leave a comment:

• abbygirl
    replied
    Angela,
    Are your eyelids more swollen in the mornings?? Do they get almost back to their normal size as the day progresses?? My upper lids are very swollen in the AM but look normal by the afternoon. Nothing else is swollen in the AM just my upper lids.

Leave a comment:

• Angela
    replied
    I have the same problem too. My right eyelid hurts more and is more swollen than the left. This makes my eyes look like one is smaller than the other, some days it's really noticeable depending on the swelling. Oddly though, I am missing more eyelashes on the left. Also, I'm still not sure if my nasal problems are related to my Blepharitis/mgd, but coincidentally my right nostril is more bothersome than my right.

Leave a comment:

• MaryVa61
    replied
    My one-sided worse eye problem is definitely from my formaldehyde allergy. It's in so many fabrics and they aren't labeled as having it in them. When I become aware that one eye is flared up, I eliminate whatever pillow (or pillowcase) I've been using, and go back to using an old one even if ugly, to see if problem clears up. It always does, then I throw the newer one away and start shopping again. The U.S. really needs to limit formaldehyde content in fabrics, like the rest of the civilized world, and put it on fabric labels.

BTW - When both of my eyes flare up, I check ingredent labels of any new product I'm using on my face or hair. And I always find something is there, from my skin allergy list the doctor gave me, containing formaldehyde or a formaldehyde-releasing chemical. Getting rid of it helps dramatically, though it takes about 4-5 days due to that type of allergy causing delayed reactions.

Floppy eyelid Syndrome was ruled out for me, but sounds like a bad problem for some. I have a slightly droopy lid from that car accident, but it's not the same thing exactly.

Leave a comment:

• NeedMyEyes
    replied
    this is my issue actually.

My right eye is worse than my left. It turns out I have been sleeping on my right side for years and my eyes open slightly and the right eye touches the pillow.

It was made worse when I was on Dexamethasone eye drops which dry my eyes terribly and made the injury from the pillow much worse. Now I think I have a permanent scar of some type in my right eye. However, no eye doctor can see anything there except the new red veins that have formed at that site.

Another name for this, by the way, is Floppy Eyelid Syndrome.

If you have it, you could tape your eyes at night and also put metal shields over them like I do. I have heard you can use ointments, but those screw up my meibomian glands so much, I don't use them.

Also, I'm allergic to dust mites found on my pillow.

Leave a comment:

• MaryVa61
    replied
    My right eye has always been worse than left. Doctor said it's not unusual for that to be the case.

But I had a car accident year ago that injured the right eyelid and had to have stiches all along the lid, so that lid may not behave exactly right now. Also part of my dryness problem turned out to the contact allergies (delayed hypersensitivity) and one of the allergens was chemicals on certain fabrics, such as the pillow on the sofa I rested my head on when I napped. I always laid on my right side for a nap, so only the right eye was on that pillow.

Mary

Leave a comment:

• adienich
    replied
    It does seem to be quite common that one eye is worse than the other. For me the left eye has always been worse.
    Today it has been terribly red and painful all day. I keep putting in drops but don't really know whether they even help much, just blur my vision. My eyes have been worse in general for a few days, I don't really know what is causing this. At first I thought it was because over the weekend I was in the presence of a dog and I may have some allergies. But now the eyes just seem to be getting worse even though it's been a couple of days since I saw the dog. So frustrating. (Sorry, I'm going slightly off-topic here but don't really feel like starting a new thread for this either).

Leave a comment:

• Mawsky
    replied
    My right eye gives me the most grief, I notice that the drops stay longer in my left eye so that may be a contributing factor. When I feel my eyes tear up (they don't really tear) my left one almost seems to get moist, this is my only hope, that someday I will have tears again.

Leave a comment:

• rubyslippers
    replied
    My left eye has always been worse.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X