This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restasis and Dry Eye Remedy

I have severe dry eyes after cataract surgery. The worst eye is the one with just the cataract surgery as my other eye had an additional vitrectomy operation. The eye without the vitrectomy hurts throughout the day and worse at night. I cannot sleep on that side without it hurting. I have been prescribed Restasis for the dry eyes as over-the-counter drops did not work. I also had an eye infection in the eye that hurts, but the doctor cleared it up with an antibiotic/antiflammatory. It was after that was gone that I started using Restasis. The eye that hurts had the cataract operation performed last July 2008. I have a great many floaters in that eye. Should the eye still hurt?

hsum4

Hello and welcome. Regarding your pain... depends what the pain is from. Pain from dryness will keep hurting till the dryness is brought under control. Considering the procedures you've been through it's also important to rule out any other causes of pain. What does your doctor say about this, is s/he concerned?
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

Dry Eye and Pain

I think the pain was from both the dry eye and the operation. The doctor isn't sure. He tries solving the problem through trial and error.

hsum4

Comment

Working...
      X