The pain of goggles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MEGs

I think we definitely all know what a burden and pain dry eyes can cause in our lives. I want to make a suggestion that I think might help some of you guys. I am in college, but I recently started doing an internship which required me to sit at a desk and stare at the computer all day. My eyes felt even more strained and dry than normal from the lack of blinking and the air conditioning draft. I started wearing my Micro Environment Glasses (MEGs) to work. They aren't goggles, but these glasses have the same idea of keeping a moist environment for my eyes. As far as looks go... they look a whole lot better than goggles, and I consider it my fashion statement since you can choose what color you want! You can get your prescription put in and wear them as glasses since the goggle part is removable. Am I able to post a picture of myself with them on? Hope this helps!

Longhorngal
    Last edited by longhorngal; 14-Jul-2009, 09:57.

Comment

We would definitely appreciate a picture. I think you just use the Insert Image button in a message, but I don't know how to upload an avatar pic.

I think you might be one of the few people on this forum who has actually bought the MEGS. Are they made by the SeeFit company? http://www.seefit.net/ Glad they are working for you.

Thanks

Comment

MEGs

Yes they are from SeeFit company. I found that the unisex fits my face better than the women's version since I have a rounder face with full cheeks.

Comment

Thanks LHG - it's great to get some MEGs feedback here.
          Rebecca Petris
          The Dry Eye Foundation
          dryeyefoundation.org
          800-484-0244

Comment

I used to wear "goggles" as I could not stand any air movement, indoors or outdoors. The irritation was freaking me out.

I used to wear transparent glasses like a biological lab worker to my work place and they did make me eel so awkward, but that is the only thing that helped me stay sane.

Now, after a few months on my treatment regimen, I never need to use protective glasses any more. I am still quite photosensitive, and I need sunglasses outdoors during the day, but other than that my cornea is much less vulnerable to external environments.

Comment

Working...
            X