This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• seefit glasses .. MEGS?? anyone?

anyone on here ever purchased and/or tried seefit glasses? if so , do they help?
    Jenny

I'd like to know the answer to this as well. Rebecca had posted in a blog I think that they worked okay, but she wears sclerals, so we need someone who is wearing them without sclerals who also has bad dry eye to report back on this. I have been wearing prescription Panoptx goggles every minute of every day while doing my job, which is at least 10 hours per day, and after 8 years of this I have permenent impressions in my cheeks from the weight.

Comment

I had LASIK 4/2000, and have been wearing custom RGPs since 2002 to correct HOAs and myopic regression. I moved to Arizona in 2006.

I wear 7Eye (PanOptx) sunglasses when outdoors. They allow be to drive my convertible, go hiking, etc, even in the dusty, windy conditions here. The RGPs are very comfortable because they hold moisture against my corneas, but when dust gets in, it hurts much worse than with soft CLs.

The biggest issue for me is finding moisture chambers glasses that fit my face. I wear children's size eyeglass frames, so I needed to find small sunglasses with a lot of curvature. I ended up with the "Churada" which do not seal perfectly but good enough.

Comment

I purchased MEGs, and they work great! I am in college, but I'm doing an internship in the summer. I wear them when I'm studying late at night or currently, while I'm in front of a computer. The good thing is that I can take off the goggle part and wear them as normal glasses.

Comment

Hi Longhorngal,

That is great to get some feedback on these. Can you tell us about your type of dry eye (aqueous deficient, or MGD), and how bad your symptoms are when not wearing the MEGs? How much relief do they offer?

I have to wear Panoptx prescription goggles all day long while working on a computer and I'm wondering if I can get away with the MEGs instead. I have very bad dry eye (aqueous deficient).

Any help/feedback appreciated!

Comment

What's up with these people we've never seen before who drop in and post something, in this case MEGs, and then disappear?

Are they searching for a place to post their success about something? Are they for real?

Comment

I recently bought a Seeft and here's my review! It works pretty well and it's really discreet!

For me, the main pro is the design. It really looks like normal glasses, in fact, if you take off the moisture shield, it becomes normal glasses with minimal frame, very discreet. The moisture shield is very flexible, like rubber, and is easily detachable.

I went to the mall twice using them (with the moisture shields on, of course) and got NO odd-lookings at all! Whoever looks at me thinks I'm wearing some sort of fashionable glasses and that's it! Wow!

About the protection, it works quite well, although not creating that "stuffy feeling" that normal sealed wraparounds do (and it's that feeling that make my eyes stop hurting completely when I put on a sealed goggle). But that doesn't mean Seefit doesn't work - when I first got it, the frame was a bit loose on my ears, so the moisture shields couldn't completely fit to the skin around my eyes. I barely felt the glasses on me and sometimes wondered if they were really protecting something. Then I took them off and REALLY felt the wind on my eyes, so even if I wasn't feeling any moisture building up around, it was protecting me. Than I bought an adjusting chord to better fit them around my face, and voila: they fogged up immediatelly (for me, that's the trademark of effective moisture chambers). When slightly loose, they don't fog up at all. The problem now is that when they're really thight to my skin, my eylashes touch the lenses (since the frame is not too curved) and they get dirty all the time. Cleaning the lenses is not the easiest thing in the world, too, beacuse the moisture shields are so flexible, they tend to detach when cleaning, and to attach them again you'll end up fingerprinting the lenses again. But, for me, these are small prices to pay for a beautiful and decently effective glasses. Whenever I go out, I'll sure be wearing them and feeling quite well.

So, my review is that: if you are self-conscious, don't be afraid and go for it. But if you don't mind your goggles, don't bother spending so much money on it. And one last advice, don't mind buying the "translucent" moisture shields, because they're not transparent as the image on the site, they're more like yellowish rubber!
              Last edited by rosye; 26-Jan-2010, 11:39.

Comment

i love wearing my sunglasses because of how they keep out bright lights and they are so large -i get more protection from the elements. I was wondering if anyone knew of any 'shields' you could attach made for larger frames such as sunglasses which would help in situtations where it is windy????
                Jenny

Comment

I think it's EagleVision that has some shields that might be worth looking into... they're a clear shield that an optician can attach to regular glasses... I don't know if they are removeable though...

Comment

@rosye
                    Thank you very much for you nice and detailled review. Now I'm totally convinced, I'll get the MEGs, too.
                    I hope they will start the distribution of the MEGs soon again, for since end of December their sales person is sadly out of town
                    Please don't hesitate to correct my English - I'm still learning

Comment

Susie, just one important thing for foreign costumers is that they don't do international shipping... I had a friend going to the US so I bought online and he brought them for me!

Comment

I think she's back now... I just heard back from her a few days ago!

I'm still debating whether or not to get them for myself...

Comment

Oh it's so good to hear that she's back! I'll order the MEGs as soon as possible!
                          SAAG, you could wait until I got them, if you are so insecure. When I'm as content as rosye, perhaps your doubts will disappear?

Rosye, thank's for the hint about the shipping. I didn't know this. Hm.. now I have to ask my friends if they know someone who lives in the US. Then I'll let ship the MEGs to this person and this person could ship them to me.... very complicated, but I want the MEGs!!!:-)

But why don't they ship international? There are so many people outside the US with dry eyes who would buy them. I know another person from Germany, for example, who wants to get MEGs, too.
                          Please don't hesitate to correct my English - I'm still learning

Comment

Don't know why... perhaps you could write them and confirm it. As of november '09, when I bought them at the website, they did not ship directly to Brazil. I had to wait until last week when my friend came back to get them!

Comment

I've been giving this some more thought this evening, and I think I'll order a pair.

I want something more cosmetically acceptable than my clear Wiley's for use in public after dark ... something that I can wear outside after dark at a late summer BBQ for example... or for a late evening walk in the summer... Those are situations where my dark Wiley's don't work because it's too dark outside to see in sunglasses, and my clear Wiley's are not something I feel comfortable wearing in public... maybe MEGS will be a solution for these situations... (as long as it's not overly windy out)

Regarding international orders, I believe this can be arranged via e-mail with the company... I'm not sure if they will ship to all countries this way, or just a few, but it is definitely worth inquiring about.

Comment

Working...
                              X