Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eyelid massage device

http://www.eyelidmassage.com/unique-eyelidmassager/

I just came across this 'Eyepeace' device which looks interesting - I've certainly never seen anything similar.

Seems it was developed by two UK ophthalmologists with an interest in dry eye disease.

Thanks for posting Unicorn. Looks interesting and very inexpensive so not a big waste of money if it doesn't help much, unlike Lipiflow. Not bitter about the £1200 thrown down the drain on that at all :-/

Comment

Originally posted by unicorn View Post
      http://www.eyelidmassage.com/unique-eyelidmassager/

I just came across this 'Eyepeace' device which looks interesting - I've certainly never seen anything similar.

Seems it was developed by two UK ophthalmologists with an interest in dry eye disease.
      Why is there not more interest in this? With all the posts of how to express and all the confusion around it, here's a device that might take the quesswork out. What am I missing? Why is everyone not jumping all over this?

Comment

seems like a scam to me.

Comment

I think that's unhelpful and I hope you are not implying I am trying to scam anyone. Far from it. I actually spoke to my optometrist about this device today and he was very interested, as he is in the process of trying to develop a similar one with Scope Opthalmics. He also showed me another eyelid massage device he'd just received from the States, which was like a small paint roller. I forget the name of it, I'm afraid.

Comment

Originally posted by grant555 View Post
            seems like a scam to me.
            Do you mean that the Prof. Johnny Moore and Anant Sharma are scamming people or that someone is using their names?

Comment

Originally posted by grant555 View Post
              seems like a scam to me.
              Could be..I tried to get more information..i.e. shipping to Canada and never heard back. On the other hand maybe they're just unorganized. Great idea though. I'd give it a shot.

Comment

I've just ordered one of these and will update when it arrives.

It's being made and sold by the Cathedral Eye Clinic which is part of the University of Ulster (Belfast, UK). Quite a small scale operation, it seems, at present. Probably best to phone them, Max, if you can, to enquire about international shipping.

Comment

Following

Comment

I have ordered it too so will update.

Comment

when i said scam i didnt mean anyone on this forum, i simply meant that it seems like one of many new devices/drops that will generate the company money but not provide much relief to its users. scam was probably too harsh of a word - it is just my sense of humor.

Comment

I see where you are coming from grant555. There is a lot of money to be made in the market for dry eye products but as I've yet to find two ophthalmologists who will give the same instructions when asked how to express the MG's I think devices like this are a welcome addition, especially when it's inexpensive.

Comment

Originally posted by lizlou29 View Post
                          I see where you are coming from grant555. There is a lot of money to be made in the market for dry eye products but as I've yet to find two ophthalmologists who will give the same instructions when asked how to express the MG's I think devices like this are a welcome addition, especially when it's inexpensive.
                          If it works

Comment

Originally posted by Max52 View Post
                            If it works
                            Of course but I'd rather spend £25 on something that doesn't work for me than the money I spent on Lipiflow that was meant to make my eyes feel normal for 9 months but most definitely didn't. I'm not expecting miracles, I'm just saying it's good to have more options available and I think there will be more home expression devices like this available soon.

Comment

Only 10 % of the respondents massaged their eyes vertically, which is identified as the best way to express the glands. Whilst 32% massaged in an ineffective manner such as in a circular/horizontal motion or applying pressure. 43% reported no regular massage and of this subgroup, one category was identified as those who tried massage but without significant results. Nearly a quarter of respondents reported they were not advised to massage. A relative ignorance of correct and therefore an effective massage technique can be deduced from this survey.
                              Spot on there, Lizlou. Looks like docs are ignorant on techniques and are not advising patients. Science isn't my training but it always makes me LOL how you get 10% of 88 people! Love a gadget though
                              Paediatric ocular rosacea ~ primum non nocere

Comment

Working...
                              X