This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi

i had my first acupuncture session the other day. I emailed clorine off this site, so that my acupuncturist can have some tips on her sucess treating dry eye, as he hasnt had much experiance in treating dry eye, but has 17 years experiance otherwise. He did a structual treatment 4 points on side of legs and feet first. He said i should notice a little difference the next day last for about 24 hours. Despite drinking the night before, my eyes felt good the next day. but then that could just be a better day!

with regards to pallitive etc. My acupuncturist said that, pain management techinues (points in the face) are symptomatic treatment. but hostilic acupunture can have long lasting theraputic effects or can be curative for some people.
    I healed my dry eye with nutrition and detoxification. I'm now a Nutritional Therapist at: www.nourishbalanceheal.com Join my dry eye facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/420821978111328/

Comment

sazy123, please keep us informed on whether you are finding relief. i tried acupuncture this summer without any relief, but i only gave it a few times before i gave up on it. ive been very interested in holistic medicine and whether it could truly help.

Comment

yea will keep you informed..you need to do it more than a few times i think
        I healed my dry eye with nutrition and detoxification. I'm now a Nutritional Therapist at: www.nourishbalanceheal.com Join my dry eye facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/420821978111328/

Comment

Hiya

I have had two sessions now. One thing i have to make clear, is that my eyes fluctuate like anything, so its really hard to tell if its working yet or not.

The first session 4 points (structual) is doing for sinus/eyes/rosocea, apparently the effect should last 24hours. the next day they did feel really good dispite drinking. But again could be a fluctauation or combination of both. Then eyes went crap for few days.

Just to get an idea: day before session two eyes felt good and on the day, did 8 points, went drinking again (going to have to change the day), next day eyes didnt feel as good as last time. Sinus feel better, (this also comes and goes) Effect supposed to last 3 days. Acupuncturist contacting clornee, havent heard anything yet.

Comment

you probably wont hear anything back from clornee. I have a feeling she might not know as much as she says she does because once i wanted my acupuncturist to talk to her she completely stopped posting and never responded back to my emails.

Comment

Originally posted by sazy123
              Hiya

I have had two sessions now. One thing i have to make clear, is that my eyes fluctuate like anything, so its really hard to tell if its working yet or not.

The first session 4 points (structual) is doing for sinus/eyes/rosocea, apparently the effect should last 24hours. the next day they did feel really good dispite drinking. But again could be a fluctauation or combination of both. Then eyes went crap for few days.

Just to get an idea: day before session two eyes felt good and on the day, did 8 points, went drinking again (going to have to change the day), next day eyes didnt feel as good as last time. Sinus feel better, (this also comes and goes) Effect supposed to last 3 days. Acupuncturist contacting clornee, havent heard anything yet.
              Sazy, where on your body were the needles inserted? How long did each treatment take?
              Every day with DES is like a box of chocolates...You never know what you're going to get.

Comment

mmm strange, just disapeared, she didnt reply to my email either so i thought my acupuncturist may have more luck.

The points were on legs outside of both and feet-the feet are supossed to be good for the eyes. It took about 40 mins

Im going to ask him about these points next 2nd page: sorry this is rite link : http://satsop.olympus.net/biz/medica...3_3/case3.html These points are the ones in research, but i think it is mainly for lacrimal dry eye.

Comment

I went to an acupuncturist for a while. I felt like he was very experienced and really cared about my well-being. The problem was that he was Chinese and hadn't been in the States for very long...his communication skills weren't so good. Still, he did better than I would do if I were transplanted to China.

If I recall some of my needles were in my feet, fingers and ears.
                  Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Comment

Thanks very much for the great link and info! Acupuncture is unchartered territory for me. It really helps to know what to expect when considering alternative treatment modalities. I'm already establishing plan "C" in case plan "B", plugs, don't provide the benefit that I hope they will. My body is one of those that seldom reacts to anything as it should!
                    Every day with DES is like a box of chocolates...You never know what you're going to get.

Comment

accupuncture questions

Hello, I was also reccomended for accupuncture for my dry eye. From my disease that caused it, stevens johnson syndrome, I lost all my nails, and they havent grown back and its been almost 4 years. I have heard that you can get your nails back from accupuncture..has anyone had any experience with this or have heard of this being done? I am seeing an accupuncturist soon, sometime next week, hopefully. I am also getting it for my dry eye as well..

1 more question....do the needles hurt!!!! about how long are the sessions??

thanks!!!

Comment

Hi i am currently having acupuncture for dry eye and sinus pain, so far i cant tell if its working either way. The needles dont hurt at all, just prickly. I think it may be good for people with uderlying diseases i read it is for sjs anyway. Chinese med is based on the principle that something in the body of key is causing symptoms, you dont just get symptoms for no reason-its hostilic thing. But i appear to be an exception to most rules regarding this condition!

I took that article posted above to my acupuncturist, he is amazed because he has never heard of the point LI 29 (large intestine 29), and that i brought him a new point. A new point appears every 4 years. he posted to acupuncture society no one has heard of it either, but it is clearly in a journal.

Comment

update

I just wanted to update on the acupuncture i have been having for prob 2 months now. I cant say i noticed any significant improvement. I didnt notice that much of a difference immediately after either, or for the sinus (which is better after a week of antibiotics). the acupunctureist was trying his best for me did several different points, including the ones that i took im (posted before), i which he was shocked to see a new point which only appear every 4 years-LI29. He thinks general health has improved, so im glad i did it for this reason.

I think acuunture would be more usefull for people who are more aqeous deficient. As the artical in BMJ suggests. But dont let this discourage you. Its still worth a shot..

Comment

A Clinical Study of Acupuncture and SSP (Silver Spike Point) Electro-therapy for Dry Eye Syndrome

This is a different method of acupuncture, was shown significant over the control group. Again supports the aqueous efficient component

Scoll down:

http://www.acupuncture.com/newsletters/m_apr06/res.htm

Comment

Accupuncture did nothing for me. I had about eight sessions. A massage is a better option as it will increase your overall sell of well being, at least, temporarily and that has some healing affect on your whole body but it isn't magic and it won't get rid of the underlying problem for dry eye unfortunately.

Comment

A story again.

Our small Havanese injured his leg while chasing a stray cat in our backyard. We took him to the vet who naturally suggested surgery. We said not so fast. Our dog also has CD(Chronyodisplasia)(sp?), really bent legs, I call him "Heart Legs". It was obvious he was in pain but we didn't want to give him the pain medicine prescribed. After about three months and no improvement, Pam found a vet that did acupuncture. She took Babalou and after the first visit there was improvement for about 4 days. Went for 2nd visit, improvement for 5 days, went for 3rd visit and had 7 good days and really he wasn't in such bad shape but decided to do 4th visit. It's been 3 months now and a new puppy in the house and no more limping.

My wife is seriously considering it now to help manage her arthritis pain. The reason being the dog doesn't know acupuncture from house puncture. So maybe the negative thoughts could affect success? Sort of like the placebo effect in reverse. Will keep you posted.

Comment

Working...
                                X