X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Faith1989
    replied
    How often do you use the honey? Do you still feel better from it?

Leave a comment:

• LiliS
    replied
    Hello,my name is Lili and i have severe dry eyes due to Sogren disease...i would try anything to moisture them,so tell me,please,what kind of honey did you use? and what is the cause of your dry eyes? and ,waht it,s most important,had you reflex tears after using honey? i read there are now on the australian market Manuka eye drops,bit i live in Europe and i would try raw honey first..i,m only afraid of an allergy...i,m aware it can sting...

Leave a comment:

• regina
    replied
    Honey will not get rid of the cause of dry eye but does reduce inflammation and pain from it. It did help get my oil glands working again!

Leave a comment:

• regina
    replied
    warm up some honey in jar that is submerged in warm water... its easier to put on eyes. After I put it on I wipe off with a wet rag the excess. I clean off the skin above and below your eye lashes. I also use rag and gently wipe ends of eyelashes ...just a wee bit! I leave it on for a few hours and then wash off and sometimes I would apply it again.

Leave a comment:

• bojan89
    replied
    Hey, Im have MGD since 3 years and there is absolutely nothing that helped me. I tried Manuka honey which is stinging as hell in the beginning, but then it starts to get better...
    I mixed it with water (hot water) and after it cools down a little bit i put it into my eyes and let it there for 20 min or so. My problem is that if i don't rinse it with water...the compound is like a glue and then in the morning i have red eyes...
    Are you guys also rinsing the honey off after some time or just leave the whole time? I mean my face feels kind of sticky after the honey water mixture dries out

hope somebody can help me
    take care

Leave a comment:

• drewlizard
    replied
    anyone using this can tell if working or not?

Leave a comment:

• regina
    replied
    Hey Sanjeev! yea for you! Because this thread is sooo long and soooo old, did you try posting a NEW thread on how well honey is working for you? Its still working for me also. congrats, so glad you found what I found a long time ago...all the other remedies dont work on SOME people and maybe its something more simple and natural! Keep me posted!+

Leave a comment:

• Sanjeev
    replied
    Quick update. This is the fifth day. Feeling almost normal. Amazing. I think this is more than a candidate cure. It is perhaps the holy grail. See my detailed post at: http://sabhlokcity.com/2011/05/annou...n-and-dry-eye/. Also, have started a FB page to radiate this info at http://www.facebook.com/pages/Dry-ey...00177190075558. Given the horrible experience I've undergone I'd like everyone to be cured asap.

Note: To ensure that this is permanently cured, I'm also going to try something else I found info about on a website - medicated ghee. I'm using castor oil at night.I'm going to start using this from today.

Sanjeev

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Cool! Thanks for the update! Keep us posted on your progress if you keep up this regimen...

Leave a comment:

• Sanjeev
    replied
    I was desperate with pain yesterday. Came back home in severe pain. In desperation I thought of two things: (a) aloe vera and (b) honey - two things I know have useful properties, and searched google. I found sufficient evidence that these might work. I had Manuka honey at home, and also a robust aloe vera plant. I applied honey on eyelids and margins of the eyelids (near eyelashes), allowing some honey to get into the eyes. It stung but very briefly. Then after 10 minutes washed it off and applied a sliced aloe vera leaf. Allowed that aloe vera to continue through the night (didn't wash off), then applied castor oil as usual. Next day (today) applied both these in a matter of just minutes and washed off. Back today from work, and the pain levels are 10 times lower. Almost normal (after months!). As I speak I've liberally applied honey on my eyes (near lashes). I'll leave it on for a very long time today. Looks like honey and aloe vera are the two secret ingredients to destroy dry eye pain. Fingers crossed. I'm reporting on this at http://eyestrain.sabhlokcity.com/ should you be interested in updates. Sanjeev Sabhlok 20 May 2011

Leave a comment:

• jenny2008
    replied
    uhmm..i reread some posts here.. i am eating the honey.. not putting itin my eyes.. has anyone tried taking it by the teaspoon and just eating it as you normally would??? it seems to help with my allergies/inflammation.... just a thought.. i dont know for sure ..it could be a coinncidence..

Leave a comment:

• jenny2008
    replied
    hey there.. i started using honey -local honey from the farmers market... i am trying it for my allergies.. so far is seems to really help my eyes with the allergens... i have also been feeling so much better .. i started taking it saturday... i take 1-3 teaspoons per day.. not sure if it's anti-inflammatory properties are what is making my eyes tear more ( i have sjogrens) but they are-i will keep everyone updated... hmmmm..it would be great if that is whats helping.it tastes good,.. doesnt cost a lot and is easy

Leave a comment:

• Randolph
    replied
    Honey that's been heated beyond a certain point (40 C, I think) loses a lot of it's healing properties. A lot of honey, apparently, has been heated this way to prevent it from crystalizing. Don't know whether it has any impact on it's ability to help DES, but maybe it does, so if you want to try this maybe you should try both heated and unheated honey. Also some honey has had stuff added to it.

A way to tell whether honey has been pasturized is to try and ferment it. Mix some of it with cooled boiled water in a sterile container (bottle), stick some sterile cotton wool in the neck and place in a warm place .
    After a few days , the mixture will start to froth as any yeasts in there with have started to convert the sugars into alcohol and C02. If it's been pasturized it won't ferment.

Can we get an update, please, from the folks who are using honey? Is it still working?

Leave a comment:

• Minni
    replied
    OK, thanks for the info re: litmus paper vs. PH meter.

I'd love to know the PH of store-honey VS raw-honey VS manuka (as registers on a good quality meter)

P.S. Also wondering - would Natural Eggshell Membrane supplements or Baxyl help eyes (not just joints)?

Leave a comment:

• littlemermaid
    replied
    Probiotic yoghurt

Absolutely agree on live yoghurt to improve digestion - natural, wholesome, easy - plus you get calcium without much dairy fat if you are adjusting omega 3:6 ratio. As ema suggests, we are eating the Manuka honey in it! It tastes particularly fabulous because we are not using sugars. Especially good with walnuts if you are increasing omega 3 fatty acids.

NB littlemermaid is adolescent. If she was younger we would not eat unpasteurised honey because of Clostridium botulinum danger; botulism is horrible in children. No way would I put this near her eyes unpasteurised; happy to use it on the face skin pasteurised, also beeswax.
    Last edited by littlemermaid; 10-Aug-2010, 07:14.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X