X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roderick
    replied
    It is still fairly good. Nonetheless, I must admit that it seems to be making the irritated blood vessels in my inner eye lids a lot stiffer. This makes it harder than before to read for prolongated periods. My main dry eye problem lies with my irritated/stiff blood vessels which hurt all the time.

For the rest I must admit I feel a lot less overall eye pain than before. Most of the time when I look at my inner eyelids they definitely seem paler, including the blood vessels.

On Thursday when I put the honey on, when mostening my lids with the water it seems like a little bit of honey slipped into my left inner upper eyelid. The blood vessels located there started to sting a lot and get stiffer, and they still sting a lot although it's not as bad now.

I saw a few people commenting on a bit of honey getting in their eyes and that it stung pretty bad at first but then it was OK so that relieves me.

When I receive my manuka honey I'll try it as it's supposedly better than regular honey.

Did any of you people have problems with irritated blood vessels in your inner eyelids? Did honey truly help in relieving that pain? I suppose it'll take a lot more time to relieve the nerves than it will to bring relief to the skin, and that a gooey solution such as honey will surely make these nerves feel stiffer for a while. I remember having a similar sensation with an eye contour cream in the past, though not as pronounced.

Leave a comment:

• sporta
    replied
    I was very excited when I read the posts and found the Manuka Honey Active 16+ at a local health food store.
    I already applied it to both upper and lower eye lids and ate a teaspoon full as it's supposed to be great for an enery boost.
    Here's hoping for great results!

Leave a comment:

• regina
    replied
    Okay...its been like a week when a few of tried this

How is everyone doing? Are your lids a light pink instead of beat red? Did any of you experience your oil glands clearing up? good ? bad? whats up?

Leave a comment:

• avee
    replied
    about UMF: http://www.manukahoneyusa.com/UMF-Rating.htm

Leave a comment:

• ema
    replied
    recap?

can anyone recap for me please?

most of you trying this are using manuka honey right? are there different strengths of this kind of honey?

are you placing the honey on the lids only? top and bottom? and by lids i mean under the lashes or on the margins themselves where the glands are located?

is the honey diluted or only if you are creating honey drops to place in the eye itself?

so glad some of you are getting relief!!!!!!

thanks!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Another update... my MG's continue to improve in appearance... My eyes continue to feel better as well. I am still in disbelief to be perfectly honest But hey, something seems to be working finally, so I guess I'll just go with it!

Leave a comment:

• Roderick
    replied
    Woah it seems to make a tremendous difference so far, I almost can't believe it. I can't believe how soothing it is to my eyelids. So far tons of stuff I put in my eyes brought me nothing but trouble, but this seems really different. Not perfect, like I blink a bit more awkwardly due to the sticky nature of it, but we'll take what we can get.

I hope I can play some games soon, I miss them terribly.

Leave a comment:

• Roderick
    replied
    Question, I found unpasteurized honey at the grocery store, and decided to buy a jar. Couldn't find a jar with "raw honey" anywhere, but could this be the same thing only with a different designation?

Oh well, I seem to have found the answer to my own question. Probably gonna try this later today.

Leave a comment:

• Filazafer
    replied
    Honey after a week

After a week, the honey is still giving me good results. I just don't get the dry feeling that I would normally have. It's not perfect though. My eyes can feel somewhat cotaminated after several hours, but I don't have the honey at work so I can wash it off and reapply. But, even if I have to use a few drops to wash things out, I feel much better than without the honey. Right now, I am just rubbing a drop on the lower and top lids. One website said to just rub it on the lower lid, but I didn't have quite the same results with just the lowers. If it is too visible I will just use a wet finger to spread it out. I have ordered Manuka, but it has been delayed, so I am using store bought.

I have tried doing this with Aloe Vera and it works, but for a much shorter time. Aloe dries up very fast. I have also used eye ointment around the eyes, but this causes blurred vision and a much worse feeling of my eyes being contaminated. So far the honey, still gives the best results.

I will keep posting updates.

Leave a comment:

• synes89
    replied
    Originally posted by Roderick View Post
    For those who apply it on the eyelids which is what I intend to, do you somehow dilute the honey a bit with water or just spread a tiny little layer of the honey on them? I don't intend to put it in my eyes but it's mostly my eyelids that are irritated anyway.
    What I did was spread a small dab of honey on my eyelid, and when wet my finger and even it out, by doing so, diluting the honey as well. It seems to work as when it dries out, my eyelids are annoyingly sticky :P

I wouldn't recommend putting honey in your eye though unless you've got very diluted drops. And even then.

Leave a comment:

• pinky58
    replied
    Manuka

is anyone else eating it as well works wonders on energy levels and brilliant for high blood pressure. My 14 year old daughter gets a lot of styes and i put a bit on them and clears them up pretty quick brilliant stuff

Leave a comment:

• regina
    replied
    Hi plat

you know...the first time...i used my 5 year old table honey...then the next week i used my local bee honey....then everybody scared me about infection and i ordered Manuka honey...its still table honey becasuse it says on the label...great on bisquits..haha

I think if your putting it on the eye lid margins it can be anykind. But if i was making eye drops it might be a better idea to use manuka....but I think all honey works...and if you are boiling it with distilled water...it would be safe. Hi Plat!

Leave a comment:

• Plat
    replied
    Hi Redandsensitive, that is awesome. Manuka Honey comes with different UMF(Unique Manuka Factor).

- What UMF is your honey that you are using? For example the honey will state +10, +20 etc on the label.
    - What brand
    - and from what website?

Thanks

Hi Regina, can you also please let us know what product and UMF you are using? Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Roderick
    replied
    For those who apply it on the eyelids which is what I intend to, do you somehow dilute the honey a bit with water or just spread a tiny little layer of the honey on them? I don't intend to put it in my eyes but it's mostly my eyelids that are irritated anyway.

Anyhow, my order has just passed.

The good aspect to this is that, if it doesn't work, I can always eat the rest.

Leave a comment:

• redandsensitive
    replied
    OMG!! This actually works!! How cool is that..
    I put some on my lids 3-4 times a day and night and my eyes feel waay better than ever before, I think my TBUT has gone up from 3 to 10. It surtenly feels like that.. And since my eyes are more moist, the redness has improved!
    Before I tried this, my eyes would be FULL of crust in the morning, but now -nothing

And a bonus of using this: I smell like sweet honey all day

Leave a comment:

Working...
X