GenTeal Gel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JRE
    I haven't been able to find the gel in many months at any store in the Cincinnati area
    It was gone nationwide until October or November when the recalls happened. Most places seem to have it again by now. Have you checked Walmart? Or maybe you could ask a pharmacy to order it?
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

Does anyone know what the Genteal Gel Recall was all about? Did it have anything to do w/ a funky smell after the gel tube had been open for a couple of weeks? I don't know if anyone else had this happen, but before the recall, I had two tubes that developed a wierd odor.... I had to throw both tubes away and I thought about it several times b4 throwing them away b/c I knew at that time I couldn't find anymore in the stores. I was afraid that the gel had really gone bad....that, or the plastic from the tube they used was smelling bad. Luckily, I came to this site around that time and found out about the Australian Pharmacy website and ordered some from them... THANK GOD b/c Genteal Gel is the only thing that gives me relief at night!!!! ANyone else notice a smell from the gel?

Comment

Originally posted by gkanou
        Does anyone know what the Genteal Gel Recall was all about? Did it have anything to do w/ a funky smell after the gel tube had been open for a couple of weeks?
        It was about some kind of mold. See this brief report.

I've not personally heard any reports about a smell.
        Rebecca Petris
        The Dry Eye Foundation
        dryeyefoundation.org
        800-484-0244

Comment

Oh, yeah. Mold. Wouldn't want to stick that in your eye

http://www.us.novartisophthalmics.co...ls/genteal.jsp

Comment

Working...
          X