Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey ! Getting Tear Ducts Snipped and Tied Off! Updates to follow!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey ! Getting Tear Ducts Snipped and Tied Off! Updates to follow!

Hello my fellow Dry Friends. This is my first post, granted ive browsed this site for years now, two I believe.

Well, My names matt and I have DES since 2007 after I caught a cold from a flu shot. Weird isnt it? lol According to the CAT Scans, both my Lacrimal glands are inflamed. Believe me when I tell you, ive had a million tests done. EEG, cats scans, spinal tap, lyme testing, and a slew of others.

Ive had all the stuff done that many of you guys have, plugs, drops, fish oil, warm compresses, punctual cautery etc the whole nine yards. Also, i had my lid tightened up to reduce how much eye surface is exposed. The cautery did help for a few weeks, but it appears and feels like the ducts keep opening. Keep in mind ive had them cauterized 3 times, and i mean all of them to.

Well, on Friday, March 25 2011, ill be going back to the WELLS EYE INSTITUTE in phili to have the ducts severed, and in cut in half and then tied off to totally stop the flow. Im feeling good about this, as my dr there has done great work for me in the past and she has not given up on me yet.

Her Name is Dr jacqueline carrasco and shes an occular surgeon.

http://www.willseye.org/ here is a link to the Wills eye website.

Anyway, ill update this and let everyone know how it goes.

Take care friends,
    Matt Tolli

How did eye duct surgery go?

Hi Matt,
    How did the surgery go? Are your eyes any less dry than previously, i.e., more comfortable? I sure hope it worked, and am really curious, because I am thinking of cautery of my tear ducts. The punctal plug I had for 6 mos caused constant irritation of the sclera, eventually causing substantial pain. Plus I believe it was causing inflammation, because warm compresses caused searing hot pain in that location. But now my most affected eye is severely dry, and I must wear 7 eye glasses continually - at work and at home. Had to buy 3 pr glasses: clear bifocals, sunglass bifocals, and intermediate distance bifocals for computer. Very expensive. Not to mention stylish! I work in the health field, have to constantly explain why I am wearing "motor cycle" "goggles"! They are not goggles, but the clear ones for inside look like they are, w/the total airshield of black foam.

Anyhow, let me know how you're doing.

Maria

Comment

Advertisement

By the tone of matolli's thread, it seems to be like an add. It's not good policy to claim someone has the holy grail of dry eye cures. There's is nothing new about stitching the puncta's over. My oculoplastic surgeon narrows enlarged puncta's and does all kinds of amazing things for dry eyes. I'm not here to promote her either.

Comment

actually im not an add at all. But thank you for your negative thinking. I had the procedure done a 9 days ago and its been a mixed bag. The first 5 days were fantastic while the last 4 days have been iffy. Im back at work and i do work on a computer so that may expalin as to why they have been feeling dry still. Also, the stitches are still in so the are itchy as hell lol but believe me im being positive.

Also, DCRdryeye, Maybe you could give me my five minutes of being positive? would that be ok? k thanks.

Comment

matolli, I do appologize. Please keep us informed with your progress. In does sound drastic to have your ducts "severed" and tied off - yikes. I'd rather be more conservate than that. I had surgery yesterday and had "mini monoka stents" placed in both lower puncta's. I don't think they are well known since a search on here didn't show anything. I'll start a thread about them. Once again sorry for being negative but we do get adds on here promoting products, etc. Cheers, hope it works out for you.

Comment

Working...
          X