X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jax8it
    replied
    Hey Patrick

When I had all four permanent plugs my eyes watered all the time. When I plugged just my left with a lower permanent and a upper 90 temporary I had no overflow.

Leave a comment:

• patientpatrick
    replied
    Hey Kate thank you for your reply. So are you still quadraplugged? Did any docs suggest anything for the lipids? Do you have mgd?

Saag PCL is apparently the material the extended temp ones are. I think you had those put in your uppers if I'm not mistaken. It's day 2 for me and my eyes still feel dry but at least they don't seem to be burning as much. I really thought that having 4 plugs would cause epiphora which I was actually looking forward to. I'm so confused.

I had my last schrimer test with 5 in the left and 7 on the right. My tbut is about 5-8 secs. I've read posts from people with much lower scores and suffering from over flooding after being quadraplugged.

I don't know what's wrong with me. I'm not getting even a little over tearing. I was so hoping I would get relief

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by patientpatrick View Post
    I had collagen placed on my lowers and PCL extended ones on my uppers since the collagens were too big for my uppers. I know people complain about epiphora and how embarassing overflowing is, but to be honest I was hoping to have some of that.
    not sure what PCL extended ones are... are those a form of temporary plugs also? If so, then since you stated that the plugs are helping "a bit", I'd highly recommend going for permanent ones next - there can be a huge difference between the permanent ones and the temporary ones in terms of how many extra tears you notice.

Leave a comment:

• Katewest
    replied
    Temp plugs didn't do anything for me. But when I had all four plugged with real ones there was a ton of overflow. The problem was no lipids to shield all those tears so my eyes were drier than ever. It only felt good when I was sitting at my desk and looking at the computer. But any air killed.

Leave a comment:

• patientpatrick
    replied
    I had collagen placed on my lowers and PCL extended ones on my uppers since the collagens were too big for my uppers. I know people complain about epiphora and how embarassing overflowing is, but to be honest I was hoping to have some of that. The weirdest part is that I thought since all 4 ducts are plugged, putting in an eye drop would mean they would overflow and fall out. The fact that they stayed in and disappeared in just over a minute makes me wonder whether I was plugged properly or if my eyes were so dry that they absorbed all that moisture, or they just evaporated (although 1 min seems like a fast evaporation rate) I mean I do feel a bit better I suppose, but not what i wanted of course.

Granted I only had the plugs put in about 4 hours ago. But this is still all strange to me. I don't know what's going on.

Leave a comment:

• Rebecca Petris
    replied
    When you say temporary - do you mean collagen? (Sometimes this term is used for say 3 month dissolvables.)

Leave a comment:

• patientpatrick
    started a topic 4 plugs so far no tears

4 plugs so far no tears

So I went to have a temporary plugs put in today. I had all 4 ducts plugged so I thought I was going to be overflowing. So far I had not been. In fact I placed eye drops in and noticed it went away after 1 min. Is this normal? How long did it take for any of you to experience help after plugs?
Working...
X