Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello :)

Hello I just joined.

I went to my doctors today and he thinks I have blepharitis.

I googled and found this place

I have been told to rinse my eyelid with bicarbonate of soda in boiled cooled water.

He also gave me some anti histamines tablets of wich I have to have 1/2 a day.

Doctor says I have scarring from styes I had when a child in my eyelid. These may be causing problems.

I have had sore, itchy, swollen dry eyes since September, but each time I made a doctors app, they got better!

Apparently blepharitis, comes and goes

Anyways I hope to find some help in your posts.

I want to be able to wear make up again!!

I suggest getting an eye doctor appointment on your calendar every week for the rest of your life!

Welcome, Fran. There's a wealth of information here. Sounds like your doc has you starting with just the right things. You might add warm compresses twice a day. You can search on this site and find a variety of methods for doing that.

Best of luck.

Diana
    Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Comment

Hello Fran,
      It is good that your doctor has given you a straight forward diagnosis. You must have a marked case of blepharitis. In my case it is not so obvious but I am 99% sure I have blepharitis. It took 18 months and several appointments with various medics before I came to this conclusion.
      You need to try various hygiene methods to find which works best for you - warm compresses followed by any lid cleaning method.

regards,
      Brd
      Occupation - Optimistologist

Comment

Many thanks for your welcomes and replies

I started cleaning my eyelids two days ago and I can feel an improvement already.

Do you have any info here on how to cleanse them properly?

All I am doing is wiping top and bottom lashes and under as far as I can with a cotton bud.

The cold water feels good on my eyes.

Should I buy an eye bath?

Are there any eyedrops you can reccomend?

Love Fran

Comment

Working...
        X