This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Magic of Kate West's Cliradex Wipes

This is truly a triumph, so pull up a chair. You might remember that Kate West made a disappointing post saying that she used Dr. Tseng's Claridex Wipes for three weeks and they didn't work for her. Kate and I have been corresponding these past months comparing things that work, things that don't and things that might. In a miraculous twist of fate, she emailed and said "Do you want my Claridex Wipes? They don't work for me". The wipes came the following week in the mail, and within three days, I knew something awesome was happening. I've been using the wipes for a week now and my eyes are no longer as red, the inflammation is down, my oil glands are beginning to secrete more oil, and the discomfort level has dropped significantly. Thank you Kate for being generous and compassionate. You did what six doctors could not do. My advice to everyone who cannot find adequate relief: try these wipes. They burn, and are not comfortable, but if you have Demodex, you will quickly know whether or not they are going to help. I just bought two more boxes from Amazon. Hurrah!!!

Thank you Kate West! Praying you find something that works for you too!!!

Ladiva, first of all congrats second I just also started these and suspect demodex. I am using these in combination with ocusoft plus because they kill staph. So your lid inflammation is down also? How many times a day do you use these? Do you now think demodex is a problem?!

Comment

Hi Faith
      Thank you! Yes, I am sure I have Demodex. I am using TTO shampoo, soap and face cream as well. The Cliradex irritates my eyelids (the outside), but it isn't too bad. TTO is pretty potent, and I know you have sensitive skin. I've just been blotting the Claridex on instead of wiping. I do my eyes first, and then also wipe eyebrows, face and along the hairline. Best of luck to you Faith. I hope this works for you too! Not sure how much difference it will make in the end, but the improvement so far is very encouraging, and I feel so much better!!!

Comment

I am using tea tree cleanser, toner and lotion. I need shampoo and conditioner still. The wipes do burn a little but I can tell I'm not reacting. I will never use anything around my eyes that isn't intended for it again. Please send me private messages to let me know your progress. I am now quite interested in this demodex thing. Do you have visible flakes and crusting? I have some flakes but nothing major but chronic red swollen lids.. Angry looking. They have also calmed down, I am not getting my hopes up though.

Comment

I'll keep you posted Faith. I've nothing very noticeable in the way of crusting, although did have some problems early in the dry eye game. (Four years ago.) Apparently there are two kinds of Demodex. One burrows in the lashes, and the other goes deep into the oil glands. Glad to hear the wipes are helping you. I was able to tell within three days that something was happening. My eyes felt noticeably better. Also, when I get up in the mornings my eyes are no longer as dry as they were before using the wipes.

Comment

I really hope things just keep improving for you LaDiva!! Keep us posted.

Comment

Thank you Kate! I will.

Comment

I'm glad they are helping you too. I've gone through at least 9 eye docs and all dismissed Demodex too. Cliradex helped reduce my redness and eliminated a lot of the burning I had. (A board search will bring up all the posts I've made about it as well as replies on other posts.)

Comment

Hi Alison,
                  Think I saw your most recent post, and read it with great interest. I feel the same as you, suffering like blazes for four years and not one Phd to sort it out. I am hoping the increase in good oil will help my TBUT, and think it probably has done this already. I also have tear deficiency and ocular rosacea, but the redness has really improved so hoping the rosacea may go into dormant mode. I've been reading a lot about the question of which comes first, rosacea or Demodex. Glad to hear you are feeling better too Alison! Happy Day!

Comment

Ladiva, I have also read people with demodex also have higher levels of staph bacteria. Maybe try using ocusoft plus in combination? I am doing this.. I know the wipes are also expensive, but are worth it in my opinion. Staph bacteria can also cause blepharitis (as you probably know)

Comment

Thanks Faith. I will pick up some OSP.

Comment

*** I just searched and apparently it's the pads that may kill staph, not the foam version. Hth!

Faith - which Ocusoft Plus is supposed to help kill staph? The wipes or the foam? I ask because they have different ingredients. *** found my answere - see above.

From Drugstore.com - pads = Modified Ringer's Solution, POE-80 Sorbitan Monolaurate, Methyl Gluceth-20, PEG-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Decyl Polyglucoside, 1,2-Hexanediol and 1,2-Octanediol, Cocoamphodiacetate Disodium, D-Panthenol, Polyaminopropyl Biguanide (PHMB)

Foam = Water, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Disodium Lauroamphodiacetate, Sorbitan Laurate, Sodium Laureth 13 Carboxylate, Sodium Chloride, PEG 15 Cocopolyamine, Quaternium 15, PEG 150 Distearate

Thanks! I am curious about this now (I use the original Ocusoft foam but will switch to whichever of the "plus" products is supposed to help with staph.
                        Last edited by alisonW; 11-Feb-2014, 14:12.

Comment

Faith, I am also wondering if you use the Ocusoft before applying the Cliradex, or just in the mornings.

Kate, the blooper of all times. Look how I spelled Cliradex.

Comment

HAHA! And the best part is I didn't even notice!

Comment

I am using the cliradex morning and night and ocusoft plus during the day 2-3 times. Restasis 4 x a day, retaine as needed. 40mg of doxy and a low sugar diet.

Comment

Working...
                              X