Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things that help me for my dry eyes

Hi!
    I'm Ewa and I'm 36. And according to my eye doctor I have mild to moderate dry eye syndrome.
    I want to share with you my way to deal with this problem.

I used 3 different eye drops at once time. A few months ago they helped me, but this time - not so much.
    After reading a lot of articles, I started taking a cod-liver oil with EPA, DHA, GLA, vit A and vit D. It's important to find supplement with all these elements
    Then I bought a self-warming eye mask which keeps temperature around 45 degrees over a period of 5-7 minutes. After first use my eye pain went away, but my eyes were still dry.
    Even though I've drunk a 1,5 l of mineral water a day, I noticed that my lips were also dry. So I started drinking water with Himalayan Pink Salt. I'm adding a pinch of it to a bottle of water. Sometimes I add a pinch of baking soda and around 15-20 drops of lemon juice (from real lemon) as well. It really helps me. My eyes don't hurt anymore, and some days I don't even have to instill eye drops.
    And now I care a lot about eyelid hygiene (f.e. using blephasol).
    I also use an app which reminds me of blinking while I'm using my phone.
    Eastern medicite claims that eyes are the extension of the liver, so I take a teaspoon of milk thistle a day, just in case

In my opinion eye mask and water with Himalayan Salt helped me the most.
    I hope it helps someone too.

Good luck!
    Last edited by Ewa; 27-Mar-2019, 03:17.

Thank you for sharing

Comment

Working...
    X