No announcement yet.

so much better

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, as some of you may have read in my Dwelle posts, I was trying to use nothing but Dwelle...

However, I am not a patient person, so I gave in this evening, and tried using vaseline. I found the olive oil didn't last very long for me... that's why I figured vaseline was worth a try.

I applied the vaseline at 8pm because my right eye was burning and driving me nuts! I applied a very thin layer below my lower lash line, and another thin layer above my upper lash line. By 8:50pm, the right eye felt fine. It is now 10:25pm, and my right eye still feels fine. (I last used Dwelle at 6:15 pm...)

Anyhow, I've decided to add this to my daily routine... I'm going to try applying the vaseline every morning, and see how things go... I'll post again after several days with an update...

Sheralyn

Comment

OK, I have good luck with the oil around the eye, specifically jojoba oil and Camellia Oil. Just a tiny, tiny bit, moisturizing the area around the eye sockets. (Too much and it will burn)

Originally I started using the jojoba oil and Camellia Oil on my hair, on the ends (dry hair help) and then I accidently got it on my face, found out on the internet that the oils are good for the facial skin, especially for those with roseacea.

Eyes are still dry, 2+ years after LASIK, but the oil is helping...

Comment

Drops, are you a man or a woman? Where do you live? And have your eyes improved since 6 month point? (I read your 6 months post and it sounded bad)

What has worked for you?

Comment

Yes, my eyes have improved since the 6 month point. But it took about 1.5 years for them to settle down after the LASIK. DWELLE helped me though the roughest point.
          Immediately after the LASIK I was in total shock, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder was my diagnosis. I cried almost everyday after the LASIK. It was horrible, the worst thing ever.
          It was hard recovering LASIK, my eyes were so dry that my eyelids scraped across my eyes, there were all sorts of scrapes on my eyeballs.

Now, I just try to keep my eye sockets moist, with the Camellia Oil. I occasionally use MiniDrops perservative free eye drops when things get bad.

Hopefully things will be on the up and up for me, and others here who seek help.

My eye are still dry, but over time the situation is better. I still go to therapy, but I am off my antidepressants and the meds that I had to take after the LASIK. I was taking all sorts of stuff for pain, depression, anxiety. It was a battle to make it though the day.

Comment

Drops, it's good to 'see' you, and I'm so glad to hear you're past the worst of it. I can only imagine how dreadful the PTSD must have been. Many here have been through similar emotional trauma from such causes.
            Rebecca Petris
            The Dry Eye Foundation
            dryeyefoundation.org
            800-484-0244

Comment

Well, I am OK for now. I just hope that my eyes don't fall apart, I need them to see.

I hate to see folks post on here about having a tough time after refractive surgery, it is heartbreaking. Things do get better, or maybe we just learn to tolerate the situation.

Thanks for lending people a shoulder to cry on, even though those salty tears burn the eyes...

Comment

Working...
              X