Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Dry Eye Treatment Research - Survey

Hello all,
    I am a research fellow at Stanford University, and my colleagues and I are developing a new treatment for Dry Eye. We would really love to get some patient feedback early in the process to make sure we're actually meeting patients' needs. If you have a couple of minutes to spare, please follow the link to our brief 10-question survey: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/RRTBC87

Your time is much appreciated! We hope to return it to you with a successful therapy.

All the best
    ackermdm

I couldn't resist... I did the survey... BUT, I'm dying to know what is in that injected bead and how the strips are supposed to work...

Comment

I have taken the survey

Comment

survey

I just took it now too. It sounds like it would intermittently release drops into your eye or activate your lacrimal gland to do so? I guess we could make the activating strips into some sort of cool looking tattoo or not.... $1,000 per eye makes me feel like the commercials I hear everyday about Lasik and how cheap and easy it is. UGH

Comment

I also took the survey. Had to answer no to anything that cost $1,000 and had no clue what the device was. The description had me thinking "Can you repeat the part when you said all about the things".

Comment

I could not resist it either so I took the survey. First thing I want to know is who is the person offering the survey. He/she? just joined the forum and supposedly is a "fellow" and research. Who are you and at which center are you working? You are asking for information but not telling us anything about yourself

Comment

Originally posted by MBC View Post
              IFirst thing I want to know is who is the person offering the survey. He/she? just joined the forum and supposedly is a "fellow" and research. Who are you and at which center are you working? You are asking for information but not telling us anything about yourself
              All very good questions but just to let you know the user cleared it with me before posting. No personal contact info will be provided right now so that they don't get bombarded with messages. We won't hear more details about the treatment for awhile either. I thought it would be helpful to them to post it here (I will put it in the newsletter as well) so that they can get a lot of answers from some of the most motivated dry eye patients.
              Rebecca Petris
              The Dry Eye Foundation
              dryeyefoundation.org
              800-484-0244

Comment

i completed the survey.. i almost laughed when it said you could just wear the strip by your temple at home.. heck if it helped my dry eyes on horrible days i wouldn't care what people thought and would wear it everywhere!! lol..

i also put no to the question about paying $1,000 out of pocket... i cannot even work anymore.there is no way
                Jenny

Comment

I, too, took the survey, and I noted that it may be helpful for people with RCEs who need tears at night, but I added that it would not treat my underlying problem (EBMD), as Dwelle does, and that is what I am most interested in at this point.

Comment

Survey

I completed the survey!

Comment

I have not taken the survey - but I would like to know if there are any updates. The post is from over a year ago. "Ackermdm" will you do a followup? Are you working on Dry Eye research now? I live very close to "the Farm" and would appreciate an update.
                      Eileen

Comment

I just took the dry eye survey. I think more info is needed on the trials of the drug that is used and the percentages of people it helped, as well as side effects.

Comment

I went back and took the survey for anyone at Stanford that may be doing a followup. Anything to help further the cause! And I responded "YES" to the $1000/year - I would pay more if it took care of the problem. ...
                          Eileen

Comment

There are hurdles to overcome with this treatment. For example: What about MGD? It's okay to produce more tears but they could be evaporating as fast as they are being secreted onto the ocular surface. Another problem is epiphora.

I've suffered both epiphora and then dry eyes/MGD. People have asked me "Oh darling are you crying?", then when I went dry, "Why are you wearing those funny glasses?" "Why are you squinting your eyes so much?" "Your eyes look okay to me".

What if the Lacrimal gland tissues are mostly atrophied, and only a smaller percentage work? If they get stimulated too much, they too, could wear out, much like Diabetes type 2 (over stimulating the pancreas with sugar, only 1% of the pancreas secretes insulin).

Comment

I'll take A GIANT LOAD OF HOPE for $1000 Alex.
                              32/M ATD • Getting better every day!

Comment

Working...
                              X