IPL with Dr Toyos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes!
    I am so please to tell you that he is planning on performing this in Tenn ASAP! I believe within the month.

And you are right........3+ years of this and patiently waiting on things like lid scrubs, doxy, restasis, etc to work (and ultimately fail) has probably worn down my patience muscle. And, when pain is involved everything is different....I can patiently wait for so many other things.

LAsikrelatedDES I hope you are hanging in there....did you say you were getting some Wileys or 7eye? I waited 3 years to "give in" to this thinking I wasnt bad enough or it meant that I had given up on getting better. Now I just think of them as temporary protection and a chance of some moments without pain (they are not "magic goggles- but they do help). Plus, if they help at all then they can prove to you that evaporation is a problem, thus inferring IPL may help.

OK, done lecturing

Comment

• Originally posted by autumnn View Post
      Yes!
      I am so please to tell you that he is planning on performing this in Tenn ASAP! I believe within the month.

And you are right........3+ years of this and patiently waiting on things like lid scrubs, doxy, restasis, etc to work (and ultimately fail) has probably worn down my patience muscle. And, when pain is involved everything is different....I can patiently wait for so many other things.

LAsikrelatedDES I hope you are hanging in there....did you say you were getting some Wileys or 7eye? I waited 3 years to "give in" to this thinking I wasnt bad enough or it meant that I had given up on getting better. Now I just think of them as temporary protection and a chance of some moments without pain (they are not "magic goggles- but they do help). Plus, if they help at all then they can prove to you that evaporation is a problem, thus inferring IPL may help.

OK, done lecturing
      Hmmm... I bought some Oakleys that fit nice and snug but I know they don't do what the goggles do. I admit I feel like buying them is giving in... but I never thought about using them to test to see if evaporation is indeed the true culprit. We'll see. I'm tapped out financially at the moment.

Good news on the Toyos/Tennessee info.

It's eerie how similar our experiences have been. I'm so tired of the doxy, steroid, restasis regimen with its highs (I think I'm getting better) and the lows (Dear God, the burning is as bad as ever). I'm worried too what being on doxy this long is doing to my gut. And wonder if it's really doing anything for me eye-wise. The restasis and steroid I trust are at least helping.

Comment

• I wonder, does anybody know whether Dr. Latkany might offer this treatment in NY anytime soon? He also seems to be to up to date with new treatments...

Comment

• If you see Dr. L why would you need this treatment? Just kidding, I'm just being a negative nancy. =o He has anwsered posts on this before though. I haven't seen any liteature about positive effects on anterior blepharitis, that sucks.
          Last edited by clairvoyant; 24-May-2009, 13:11.
          Which is it? Is it what you know or who you know? Or is it how well you convey what you know to who you know it to?

-Tim

Comment

• Originally posted by robinzb View Post
            hey, sazy, haven't heard from you for a long time. how have you been? From your words, you sound better than b4
            Hi robinzb, my eyes arent much better, heres hoping IPL will be the thing tho.

How are your eyes?
            I healed my dry eye with nutrition and detoxification. I'm now a Nutritional Therapist at: www.nourishbalanceheal.com Join my dry eye facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/420821978111328/

Comment

• Presentation in Rome

Here is a short article re: the presentation that Dr Toyos did in Rome. It mentions that his cohort was 100 patients and all had relief. 100% response rate sounds awfully, uh, too good to be true? Not sure, I mean he is presenting this in front of peers, but in Italy? It certainly sounds good. I am still crossing my fingers for you Autumnn and Sazy. I think this is good news?

http://www.osnsupersite.com/view.aspx?rid=40213

Comment

• Wow, that sounds really great. I sent approx 20 emails to clinics in Sweden using IPL for skintreatments. I also sent mail to three different eyeclinics. Totally three responded and they had never heard of IPL for DES.

I hope that more companys and clinics discover this new method in the near future, even in europe. There is lots of money in this business so hopefully that will accelerate the process.

Comment

• Interesting thanks grethen, im off tomorrow so will report back after the 28th, hopefully there is internet where im staying.

im going to reassess allergies as well, eating well and avoiding dust/perfumes etc might give a better chance...
                  I healed my dry eye with nutrition and detoxification. I'm now a Nutritional Therapist at: www.nourishbalanceheal.com Join my dry eye facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/420821978111328/

Comment

• Best wishes,

If it works for you, I will be next.

Melissa
                    pianolady

Comment

• Originally posted by Gretchen View Post
                      Here is a short article re: the presentation that Dr Toyos did in Rome. It mentions that his cohort was 100 patients and all had relief. 100% response rate sounds awfully, uh, too good to be true? Not sure, I mean he is presenting this in front of peers, but in Italy? It certainly sounds good. I am still crossing my fingers for you Autumnn and Sazy. I think this is good news?

http://www.osnsupersite.com/view.aspx?rid=40213
                      Wow. Those are impressive numbers. Dr. Toyos seems like a very ethical man who is dedicated to helping others.....I can't imagine that being anything but the truth.

Comment

• Originally posted by sazy123 View Post
                        Interesting thanks grethen, im off tomorrow so will report back after the 28th, hopefully there is internet where im staying.

im going to reassess allergies as well, eating well and avoiding dust/perfumes etc might give a better chance...
                        Sazy

I'm on my way to work now but wanted to check in first to say `have a good trip'.

Take care

Comment

• Originally posted by sazy123 View Post
                          Hi robinzb, my eyes arent much better, heres hoping IPL will be the thing tho.

How are your eyes?
                          it's ok. quite unstable, though. I have to work to work as a teacher instead to make a living, but it's still hard to manage it well all the time...

good luck with you! we all expect you bringing us gud news
                          I believe I can fly!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bekkestad View Post
                            Wow, that sounds really great. I sent approx 20 emails to clinics in Sweden using IPL for skintreatments. I also sent mail to three different eyeclinics. Totally three responded and they had never heard of IPL for DES.

I hope that more companys and clinics discover this new method in the near future, even in europe. There is lots of money in this business so hopefully that will accelerate the process.

Inte ens någon ögonklinik som visste nått om detta?

Comment

• Again, it is really early in the treatment phase and I don't want to say too much but I feel I am doing better- little by little- right eye great most of the time- left eye still has some- what can I call it?- it is not so much intense burning anymore but maybe some dryness/discomfort? The left eye seems to have "calmed down" a good part of the time but is nowhere near as comfortable as the right. Dr. Toyos believes it might have more blocked glands (sorry if I already posted that!). I still get lots of moisture when expressing my glands after a shower. Again- I am in Wileys most of the time and this has to be part of the increase of comfort.
                              I want to be candid and helpful to others. I am trying not to judge the IPL too soon. But, I wanted to post a quick update. I am making no final judgments until 3-4 weeks after the 4th treatment. But progress before then is of course hoped for

Comment

• Originally posted by autumnn View Post
                                Again, it is really early in the treatment phase and I don't want to say too much but I feel I am doing better- little by little- right eye great most of the time- left eye still has some- what can I call it?- it is not so much intense burning anymore but maybe some dryness/discomfort? The left eye seems to have "calmed down" a good part of the time but is nowhere near as comfortable as the right. Dr. Toyos believes it might have more blocked glands (sorry if I already posted that!). I still get lots of moisture when expressing my glands after a shower. Again- I am in Wileys most of the time and this has to be part of the increase of comfort.
                                I want to be candid and helpful to others. I am trying not to judge the IPL too soon. But, I wanted to post a quick update. I am making no final judgments until 3-4 weeks after the 4th treatment. But progress before then is of course hoped for
                                Thanks for the update. You've had two treatments so far, correct?

Comment

Working...
                                X