IPL with Dr Toyos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Philipp_from_Germany View Post
    U guys all now this vid feat. Dr. Toyos"in action" ??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QN1fbXLRvxE&hl=de
    kinda makes me sad watching that that i didn't get more success.. I definitely think it got some glands flowing more oil, but symptom wise wasn't massive.. i think after maybe 9 i would have... but then how much money do i spend getting there, even when dr toyos etc said 90% are open so probably wouldn't let me do that many treatments. After he he did the IPL, the expression, when it was hard, i had tons of oil coming out on my eye for ages.. But after the second time they didn't express them hard which was a shame because i think they didn't get the thick oil out.. although they said it was coming out.

My face felt much smoother and less dry after treatments, but my face is still dry.. so maybe i needed more. My skin didn't really do much, maybe more intensity would have helped.
    I healed my dry eye with nutrition and detoxification. I'm now a Nutritional Therapist at: www.nourishbalanceheal.com Join my dry eye facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/420821978111328/

Comment

• Autumn, are you feeling any better?

Comment

• Hi All! I am sorry I have been MIA, this healing stuff is kind of a rollercoaster and I needed some distance....I never talk about my eyes anymore either. This is my last time visiting the forum- I just get too wrapped up in the what ifs and start getting carried away. Anyway, I have had 8 treatments with Dr. Toyos and have a ninth schd. I am thinking of cancelling it because I am feeling so much better. I will doing maintenance 1 to 3 times a year. I started with most of my glands plugged- now Dr. T says that around 80 percent are open but a few random ones arent producing great oil- that is why I was going to do one more before maintenance. I use nothing but a drop of Lotemax once a day. My TBUT used to be a 3 in my left eye- my local eye doc just checked it a week ago and it was a 10!! That eye still is uncomfortable at times but nothing like it used to be. My right TBUT is a 15- can you believe it, a 15!!!- it used to be around a 7. I see the light at the end of the tunnel, finally. Insisting on not living with this was what my local eye doctor congratulated me on......persistence, it can get better. Oh, and I am also on Cymbalta- perhaps this is helping with nerve pain, and definitely depression! I also take allergy meds, drink caffine, and do all the other things I gave up thinking it was causing dry eye- it wasnt- it was my glands. I love Dr. Toyos, he is such a trustworthy person. Anyway, I am looking forward to 2010 and will not be looking back. This obsession with my eyes is OVER. Today I am actually going to a movie! Thanks for all the support and I wish everyone well ( = Take care.

Comment

• I am going to try ipl for rosacea next week, was just wondering if the gland expression is really all that important. I won't be getting it done by an opthamologist.

Comment

• Autumn, thanks SO much for the update! That news is absolutely fantastic!!

I'm giving my current treatments 6 months... if they don' t fix me, then I will be very likely flying down there to see Dr Toyos myself... it'll be fricking expensive, but worth every penny if I get my life back as you have!

Comment

• Aaron, are u getting the ipl on your bottom lid?? or just the face?? I've made an appt. with a dermatologist in January to ask about ipl on the face...

Comment

• Thank you Autumn for the update!!! And congratulations on your improvement! I had no idea it took so many treatments, wow! Good luck with everything!

Comment

• Originally posted by SAAG View Post
                  Aaron, are u getting the ipl on your bottom lid?? or just the face?? I've made an appt. with a dermatologist in January to ask about ipl on the face...
                  I think I'll only be getting it on the area below the eyes and on the nose, don't think I'll get the actual lid done.

Not sure if it will work but I have to try because life for me is a nightmare at the moment.

Comment

• hey everyone.. quick question---you cant get IPL on upper lids right?? of course those are my glands that get clogged. my lower glands are fine.
                    Jenny

Comment

• Originally posted by Aaron77 View Post
                      I think I'll only be getting it on the area below the eyes and on the nose, don't think I'll get the actual lid done.

Not sure if it will work but I have to try because life for me is a nightmare at the moment.
                      I hope it works for you... I'm hoping it might work for me too since it would be so much less expensive than flying down to the U.S. for Dr. Toyos's treatments...

I have a feeling that my eyes are so insanely bad though that I'll end up having to see Dr. Toyos...

Anyhow, keep us posted Aaron!

Jenny, I'm pretty sure that others have said that Dr. Toyos doesn't do the upper lids.

Comment

• some of the IPL 'flashes' are right below the eyelid, or actually on the eyelid itself. it doesn't feel dangerous or that uncomfortable, but I wouldn't trust anyone except assil or toyos with it. and I do think it makes a big difference

Comment

• had the ipl today at a cosmetic place, only had to shots below each eye with the wand with the bigger crystal... I thought that it would take much longer but it only took her 30 or so seconds to do. noticed quite the flash each time she took a shot, not sure but think this might not be all that good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aaron77 View Post
                            had the ipl today at a cosmetic place, only had to shots below each eye with the wand with the bigger crystal... I thought that it would take much longer but it only took her 30 or so seconds to do. noticed quite the flash each time she took a shot, not sure but think this might not be all that good.
                            What are your plans Aaron? Are you going to a Dr so he checks your MGs or are you going to try more ipl sessions ?

Comment

• Originally posted by cristiandryeyes View Post
                              What are your plans Aaron? Are you going to a Dr so he checks your MGs or are you going to try more ipl sessions ?
                              I plan to keep on trying to get better. I've been visiting with an opthamologist once a month for the last 6 months, he says my glands look fine, my eyes don't look that dry but says that I do have minor signs of bleph and rosacea... also says that ipl for dry eyes has not been proven to help. I think I will do more ipl sessions but figure it may just be a waste of time unless I go to an opthamologist that is doing it specifically for dry eye... even then there is no guarantee that it will work.

For those that have had IPL with successful outcomes how long did the actual sessions last? I'm sure if you were at an opthamologists office they would be longer with lid expressions and maybe a little more zapping with finer detail.

Comment

• toyos and ipl

ive had 2 treatments with ipl sor far, and have noticed a big improvement.
                                my eyes are a lot more comfortabel, prior to that ive tried restaiss, doxy, compresses, scrubs, fish oil, everything, to no avail.
                                i had 100 percent blockage of my meibomian glands.
                                dr. toyos also expresses the glands with an q'tip.....

Comment

Working...
                                X