X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nevermind....
    Last edited by alisonW; 03-Aug-2009, 14:27. Reason: sounded harsh

Comment

• At this time Dr. Toyos doesnt treat the upper eyelids but I think that he is looking into learning to treat this in the future....dont quote me on this though!

Comment

• Hi Autumnn - Last I saw Dr T I asked him about the upper eyelids and he said that the upper eyelid skin is too thin and so the brow bone acts as a heat sink and absorbs all the energy. And so there is no point. He did not seem like he was working on it.

Jen - sure, you can find Dr's to do this to you. You can find Dr's who will do anything to you for a price - Lasik when it is contra-indicated, botched AMT's. Just do some research on this board and find the harrowing posts from victims who found such doctors. I understand that you feel like your upper eyelids are detracting but really you need to think hard about this. And if you don't have rosacea or allergies, what's the deal with make-up?!?

Gretchen

Comment

• Originally posted by Gretchen View Post
          Hi Autumnn - Last I saw Dr T I asked him about the upper eyelids and he said that the upper eyelid skin is too thin and so the brow bone acts as a heat sink and absorbs all the energy. And so there is no point. He did not seem like he was working on it.

Jen - sure, you can find Dr's to do this to you. You can find Dr's who will do anything to you for a price - Lasik when it is contra-indicated, botched AMT's. Just do some research on this board and find the harrowing posts from victims who found such doctors. I understand that you feel like your upper eyelids are detracting but really you need to think hard about this. And if you don't have rosacea or allergies, what's the deal with make-up?!?

Gretchen
          True- but he has utilized IPL on a few patients upper lids with good results (I spoke with one at the Assil Clinic)- I believe that the reason he has not continued this is because he has to keep the machiene so low that he doesnt believe it helps enough for it to be worth the potential risks....

Comment

• Originally posted by Gretchen View Post
            Hi Autumnn - Last I saw Dr T I asked him about the upper eyelids and he said that the upper eyelid skin is too thin and so the brow bone acts as a heat sink and absorbs all the energy. And so there is no point. He did not seem like he was working on it.

Gretchen
            i can't wear makeup because my left upper eyelid has this spot of dilated blood vessels on it which is getting worse, is sore most of the time so any sort of rubbing makes it worse. i have tried makeup but when i wash it off it makes my eye hurt more

Comment

• OK Jen - It sounds like you are having some issues that you need to see a good dry eye doctor about. I am going to go out on a limb here and say that you have ocular rosacea. This needs to be treated by a competent eye doctor before you go any further with your cosmetic concerns. If make-up is making you eyelids sore, I don't want to think about what they will feel like after laser. My initial thought would be that you are having eyelid inflammation and some low dose oral doxy or azasite and Omega 3's will be able to bring this better under control. But it is going to take some time and a good doctor.

Also, I mentioned about different kinds of make-up. Colorescience and Larenim are made for folks with sensitive skin. It is worth a shot.

Gretchen

Comment

• Just a quick update- I am almost 2 weeks out of my 4th tmt and noticing change in the positive direction- a little each day- tiny steps but progress for sure. Fingers crossed that this is an answer for many of us

I will post when I have more info.

Comment

• Thank you autumn for the continual updates! They are truly appreciated. I am so happy that you are feeling progress! I hope it continues =) So far, how much percentage progress do you feel? For example, do you feel 25% better, 50% better, etc?

Thanks again!

Comment

• Odynyas- My right eye is basically 100 percent most of the time. My left eye- the one that has always been worse- has its good times where I feel about 25-50% better (I even have times when it feels OK-pain under the radar) but it is still the weaker eye and hurts more easily in places like the office or while watching a long movie. The progress in that eye has been slower (which can be frustrating)- but- it has made progress and I can't say that anything else I have tried has ever helped.
                    Also, I am currently under the care of a top dermatologist too in order to get my facial rosacea under control (I never thought it was that bad but the derm says it is and agrees that it does affect the eyes) he did a treatment on me and gave me products to use on my skin...I will keep the forum posted as to whether or not that has helped.
                    It is so strange, I never thought I had rosacea until I saw this dermatologist (who took one look at me and said that was my problem) and then Dr. Toyos (who said the same thing)....my skin is fair and I used to get small breakouts or bumps from time to time but overall my skin looked fine- it wasnt until my eyes gave me problems that dr's started to dx my skin.

Comment

• Autumn, thanks for all of your updates - I read them with great interest since it may be something I need to do too. Could you post what the derm has you doing for your rosacea? Thanks! Alison

Comment

• Hi Alison- He did a treatment on me called photo dynamic therapy that is like an intense IPL. Then, he put me on Rosaclear- Obaji's skin line for rosacea. I will keep you posted on how it works - the derm is Dr. Goldman in La Jolla, California....

Comment

• Thanks Autumn! Please keep us updated.

Comment

• IPL on eyelid margins?

Can someone please tell me if D. Toyos does IPL on the eylid magins or just around the eye area? Thanks for any info.

Comment

• toyos

Pinky,

Yes, Dr Toyos does the lower eyelids as well as the surrounding areas. Your eyes are protected, but it is little scary when the machine gets that close. That is why I would only go to someone who has been doing this procedure for a long time.

Comment

• i found this place in Newfoundland, Canada i live in Prince Edward Island, Canada. i don't know if any of you know where that is but i'm thinking about contacting them to see if there is anything they can do to help me. it seems like a reputable place. here is the wedsite www.bense.ca what do you guys think.

Comment

Working...
                                X