No announcement yet.

IPL with Dr Toyos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I about fainted when I read your eyelash quote.
    Look into Latisse. I couldn't believe it,but it does not irritate at all

Just going to get my hair dyed sends me into a two week downward spiral.

It helps that I bring my own towels and shampoo.
    During processing, I put Glad Press and Seal over my eyes
    I know , I look like a freak.
    But when I put one of their towels over my eyes for a shield, my eyes almost caught fire.
    It helps that I now have a very understanding hairdresser.

My last salon, I asked them not to apply any product, since I am allergic,
    The girl sprayed stuff on me anyway. I thought ,OK , maybe just this once it might be OK.
    But, just a minute later, I knew better. So when I asked her to rinse it out of my $210 before tip hair

Can you believe she actually gave me attitude ?

I

Comment

• But, just a minute later, I knew better. So when I asked her to rinse it out of my $210 before tip hair
      Oh my......let me guess, this is why you call yourself Goddess? I laughed OUT LOUD when I read that. Sorry, it isn't funny. I grumble when my $90 (before tip) hair person asks for a check, but I didn't realize how good I have it. I'll assume the difference between $210 hair (before tip) and $90 hair (before tip) is the difference between "flying" and being retired. You should be higher than Goddess if I can make it to Queen for just $90!

BTW, Skygoddess, I volunteer in an aviation museum and it's awsome. About 60 airplanes in two buildings with nice ambience lighting so the surface of the planes is not damaged. My fave is the Blackbird. We have many pilots come through and probably other airline employees. Sorry about the $210 hairdo (before tip.) Really! Lucy
      Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

• sorry to shock everyone lol, i get it done twice a year,and its ussualy when im having a bad throat episode or something else (i plan it as such), so my eyes are not bad at the time. But have gone longer (year) with out, so i dont think that is adding to my DE because my eyes are just as bad when i dont have it done, they are also no worse after having it done either.

I am very insistant when i have it done that none gets in the eye, the girl i go to takes alot of care, i dont get any in the eye.

I have been dying my hair for a long time, but only about twice a year- again my eyes are no different if i go 8 months with not dying my hair- i presume any chemicals have gone by now, as the hair is bleached and the color is left?
        do you know how long chemicials stay in the ahir afterwards?

Im in LA now, god knows what im going to do for 3 weeks!!! so if anyone is up for meeting for lunch or something let me know!

I honestly dont know how you can avoid perfume on planes?? to many people, then theres the fumes from the toilets. Anyway from my previous avoidence i dont think i had much luck, bringing me again to the thought that its not allergies. BTW my eyes were killing on the plane, even wileys werent helping enough.
        I healed my dry eye with nutrition and detoxification. I'm now a Nutritional Therapist at: www.nourishbalanceheal.com Join my dry eye facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/420821978111328/

Comment

• Hi Sazy

I didn't realise you were going to LA so soon. I'd meet you for lunch if I could but I'm stuck in the North of England for a while longer.

I hate planes with an absolute passion; the endless queueing before boarding and of course the horrid stifling atmosphere that one has to endure. I tried to put together a trip to Europe, just using the train but it proved difficult. Trains are far easier on the eyes.

Anyway, keep us posted whenever and however you can. Look after your phone this time and take care.

Wishing you well.

Comment

• Lucy,
            The pilots call themselves Sky Gods, since they all think they are Gods.
            so we joke we are Sky goddesses. I think it all started in the glamour days of flying, sadly long gone.

Here is a joke,

A Continental flight went down, and the two pilots found themselves in heaven. They went up to the front of the line to see Saint Peter.
            When Saint Peter asked them what they were doing cutting in line, they replied "Oh we're Continental pilots".
            Saint Peter, responded
            " Hey guys this is not earth anymore, here, you go to the back of the line. "So grumbling , they got back in line.
            A bit later they saw a Captain from another airline cut in front of the line, so they went up to ask which airline he flew for.

Saint Peter anwsered, "Oh thats just God, he thinks he is a pilot."

Comment

• hair dye

Hi all,
              I haven't dyed my hair for a year--afraid the chemicals will set my sensitive eyelid off---how long do the actual processing chemicals stay in the hair---could it potentially be an irritant for as long as the color is there?
              I'm looking at Naturtint, it's supposed to have less of the harsh chemicals--like ppd-- in it.
              Karen
              sigpic

Comment

• Skygoddess, I will always remember that quote with a chuckle. My two nephews in PA worked for USAir. One still does and the other took a buyout a few years ago and took a couple of years traveling etc and living the good life. The older nephew has been at USAir 25 years and lives in Pittsburgh, but has has to go down to Charlotte to keep his job. His wife has a muscle disease and they have children in high school, so they stayed in PA and he's working in NC and spending weekends in PA.

Keep the spray away from your $210 (without tip) hairdos! Lucy
                Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

• Karen, I've been wondering that myself. I know that drug testing shows up on hair shafts for as long as you have the hair.
                  But that I would assume is internal .
                  I also read that Goldwell colorance (sp?)does not have PPD. I found a new (and BTW Lucy, cheaper ) hairdresser, who is ordering it for me to try.
                  PPD was something I tested positive for on allergy tests.

Comment

• Joke

What a terrible time for that joke; I am actually flying out on Satuday on Continental and for the first time in a while I am pretty nervous about flying.

Oh well, it is what it is.
                    Current Diagnosis: MGD due to Ocular Rosacea , TBUT of 5 seconds

Comment

• Sky,
                      I found a salon that uses Goldwell coloring products in my area. They told me to call the Goldwell "Hotline" to get the ingredient list. The lady I spoke to from Goldwell told me that although there is no PPD in the Colorance line, there is another chemical "like PPD" that they use in it. There is also fragrance.
                      Let me know how this stuff works for you. Are you getting it done soon?
                      sigpic

Comment

• Just Joking

If it makes you feel better, just change it to Delta, or United.

Seriously, flying is so safe .
                        Facts are, You are more likely to win the Mega Millions jackpot.
                        Statistics show every adult in the entire U.S population will be involved in a serious car accident once in every 70 years.
                        Basically everyone gets in a major car crash once in their life.

Can't say that about flying .

Relax, get comfy, check in early and ask for a window seat ,
                        take along a travel pillow, eye drops ,earplugs and eye shades.

Probably a sandwich wouldn't hurt since
                        Although flying is safe , Don't ask me to vouch for the food!

Comment

• Hi,

sorry i havent updated anyone yet, i have been seeing this guy in LA which has been keeping me busy, its hard though with burning eyes.

anyway, i havent had any improvement, its more or less the same im sorry to report, burning is still bad, inner eyelids are still the same redness. I always said that if that didnt go down i doubt my eyes will feel better and it hasnt (yet).

So im not feeling good about my chances with it tbh, i feel since my glands arent blocked i should be noticing more or something by now, my skin looked better and more smooth afterwards but cant say it looks much different now either.

DR toyos pushed on my lids with a q tip on the inner eyelids (as someone has said he did this to them), for 3 days after wards my inner eyelids were REALLY red, more than they are normally, that day and the following i had white-ish gunk in my eyes and my vision kept going blurry coz of it- i had to keep fishing it out of the corners... then later on in the evening it was more of a yellow-green gunk and it kept collecting on my eyelashes, so when i woke up in the morning my eyelashes were covered in this gunk and completely stuck together... Now im not sure if the whiter stuff was toothpaste that had been coming out the next day or all of it was from the really inflammed inner eyelids so gunk was a reaction of that (which i assume was from the pressing of lids with q tip on the inner side). Anyone have any idea?

Normally i get some collection in the corner yellowish which i wipe away (only slight), but this was about 20x more than that.

When this was happening i thought something was working because i thought it was the oil expressed, but now my eyes feel just as bad and inner eyelids returned to normal selves so im depressed.
                          I healed my dry eye with nutrition and detoxification. I'm now a Nutritional Therapist at: www.nourishbalanceheal.com Join my dry eye facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/420821978111328/

Comment

• Hi Sazy

I have been thinking about you over the past few days and wondering how you were. I am so sorry you are feeling so low and your eyes are causing grief. It would be easier to cope with if you knew it was part of the process; i.e. getting worse before it got better.

What is Dr Toyos's explanation for it? It sounds like some kind of infection if it is yellow-greenish in colour

(I'm sending you a virtual hug)

Comment

• Sazy,

How many IPL Treatments have you been too?

Comment

• Sazy, I'm sorry to hearr that you are feeling down about your treatment and eyes. Sending virtual hugs your way.

From what I've been reading, it seems as if you've only had about 2-3 treatments, if I am correct. Perhaps its too soon to feel better....didn't Dr. Toyos say that it took one patient 6 treatments before he/she started feeling some relief? Was Dr. Toyos able to predict when you might feel a difference? Please don't give up on the treatments prematurely. Also, if you get any weird symptoms like you've described, its probably a good idea to give the Dr. a call, just to be safe.

Good luck and hang in there.

Comment

Working...
                                X