No announcement yet.

IPL with Dr Toyos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Autumn, that's amazing!! I am glad that you are responding well to the treatment and I hope you will feel relief very soon.

Many thanks for continuing to update us on Dr. Toyos and your experience in such detail. I really appreciate it.

I was wondering if you have his email. I have a couple questions I would like to ask him. Thanks!

Comment

Wow, this sounds sooooo great. I'm seriously thinking about traveling to LA this winter...I wish you just had to go there once, but I'll figure out a solution...
      Ho much do you have to pay per visit?

Comment

Amazing news autumn!!! soo happy for you!

How do your eyes feel today? Im soo excited to get out there, prob gonna book flight tonight or tomoz.

Did you get a chance to ask him about inner eyelids? Dont worry if you didnt i have asked another lady going next week if she would.

And regarding tennesee- thats great, nearer for me to florida!

You will be on youtube! cool, i will await the video.

Did Dr toyos say your glands were blocked by inflammation or capped?

There is a doc doing it in newyork, (one page back) if anyone is interested. But make sure they do bottom eyelids!
        I healed my dry eye with nutrition and detoxification. I'm now a Nutritional Therapist at: www.nourishbalanceheal.com Join my dry eye facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/420821978111328/

Comment

Autumn - this thread is beginning to be addictive - I can't wait to read the next episode! Things are looking good from what you say - and that gives me some hope also. I have a graphic imagination so your description of the processes suit me perfectly.

And Sazy - you are going quite soon - so that's more reason to keep checking the forum - and Youtube.

My eye conditions started way before we got pets. Allergy tests didn't reveal anything unusual and I haven't noticed that my eyes are any different when I'm away from my dog. I'm always glad to return to her because she cheers me up. As many people have said, pets have got them through the `dark times'.

Comment

Good work everyone - this thread is the most promising for a while.

Autumn - most importantly - how do your eyes feel?!

Also is the procedure painful at all (I am allergic to pain!)
            Cheers

Ell
            The magic gloop IS out there somewhere - right?

Comment

Autumn
              It sounds like it is really helping you! yay!

And thanks for letting us know he will be performing IPL in Tennessee soon.. as Memphis is only an 8 hour drive for me.. If i am a candidate in the future...it's good to know..thanks!
              Jenny

Comment

For the Europeans!!

Look what I have tracked down: Dr Toyos is speaking at a symposium in Rome next week.

Saturday, May 23, 2009
                Live Surgery from the Ophthalmic Department "Ospedale Britannico"
                of the San Giovanni Addolorata Hospital, in Rome

11.35 Intense Pulse Light for Dry Eye Syndrome 5 Year Data
                Rolando Toyos, MD

If you look at the agenda, you will see that it is a short slot - probably a presentation of findings...but isn't this a positive sign? Let's hope that a bit of `networking' will go on.

http://www.slackinc.com/meetings/osn/rome/agenda.asp

Comment

wow, great news... Rome is Europe... :-)

Comment

Wish Dr toyos would do it in europe!

Booked my flight for the 27th, yay!, more than i wanted to pay (300), coz i wanted a short time it was a busy time of the week it was £379. But hopefully will be worth it.
                    I healed my dry eye with nutrition and detoxification. I'm now a Nutritional Therapist at: www.nourishbalanceheal.com Join my dry eye facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/420821978111328/

Comment

• I am going to be very reserved in reporting how my eyes feel as I dont want to put anyone on a rollercoaster (ie, I feel great today! then, I dont feel too great!, then, I feel OK today!....etc....) but I can tell you that my eyes are much more moist- when I push on the glands after a shower I have little puddles on the lower lid margin and near the inside of my lids. I also think I am feeling better as there are times I am not thinking about my eyes....but keep in mind I am also now wearing Wileys when I can- so that can be part of it. Also, as Dr. T reminded me, most feel better when at least 50 percent of the lowers are working and pumping good oil- I am at 30 percent with crud for oil....the oil improves as time and treatment marches on....
                      I must admit, I feel a bit of pressure (not in a bad way) but I know the burdon of this pain and I want to report back with something that can help my fellow DEZ members but I want to be completely honest- false hope is no help at all.......but, I'll still admit, this is the most hopeful I've been in years.
                      Also, my name is Erin- if you need to reference me when talking to him about the info I have provided at least he won't be saying "who? Autumnn? I havent treated an Autumnn!"....
                      Last edited by autumnn; 15-May-2009, 12:33.

Comment

• Hello Erin! You know your name means Ireland - (of course you do.)

You have been BRILLIANT in your reporting back.

Thank you for doing this - it's been inspirational.

Comment

• Hi Irish Eyes- Yes, I knew that I am pretty much 100 percent Irish. And, before all of this my eyes were my best feature and I was always told your "Irish eyes are smiling"! I want that back as I am sure you do.
                          I will keep reporting candidly.....fingers crossed for good news to unfold.

Comment

• I just read this- pretty impressive resume. He is just as impressive in person. I don't mean to be all "rah rah" but, wow.

"Rolando Toyos, M.D. is the Medical Director and Founder of Toyos Clinic. Dr. Toyos is originally from California where he received his Bachelors of Art and Masters degrees from Berkeley and Stanford University, respectively. Before beginning medical school, Dr. toyos worked as a high school teacher and basketball coach. He won the National Teaching Award for his science curriculum development and his work with at-risk children. He, then, received his medical degree at the University of Illinois where he was Class President, graduated with James Scholar Academic Honors and received a community service award for helping Chicago City Public Schools develop a pre-med program for students interested in medicine. Dr. Toyos completed his Ophthalmology residency at Northwestern University and Chicago Children's Hospital.

Dr. Toyos is Board Certified in Ophthalmology and specializes in Cataract surgery and Refractive procedures (LASIK, EpiLASIK, Intacs, Intralase). He lectures both nationally and internationally on surgical techniques, medications and new technologies. He has authored several books and presented numerous research papers. He is president of the Sports Ophthalmic Society of the Americas and a member of the American Medical Association, Research in Vision and Ophthalmology, American Academy of Ophthalmology, American and European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons, and Pan-American Association of Ophthalmology.

Dr. Toyos is involved in the community. He is the Official Eye Care Provider to the Memphis Grizzlies and the Memphis Redbirds. He volunteers his time to Eye Care America which provides free healthcare to the uninsured in the community. He is a board member and supporter of Ballet Memphis. The Memphis Business Journal recently named Dr. Toyos Memphis' Top Under 40, in part for his numerous mission trips to Nicaragua, Honduras, Columbia and Haiti.

He also supports local schools in the Partners in Education Program.

For fun, Dr. Toyos loves spending time with his daughter, Eva, who already has become a big Grizzlies, Redbirds and Ballet Memphis fan."

and...

"Toyos Honored For Post-Katrina Eye Care
                            Friday, June 13, 2008, Vol. 123, No. 116

ROSALIND GUY | The Daily News

“Our clinic is always open to anyone who needs our help. It was our privilege to take care of the Katrina victims, including the many musicians who came our way.”
                            – Dr. Rolando ToyosDr. Rolando Toyos
                            Position: Founder, Medical Director
                            Company: Toyos Clinic
                            Basics: Toyos was honored May 29 at an awards ceremony in New York for his efforts to provide free eye care to displaced New Orleans residents.
                            For many, Hurricane Katrina is a distant memory, a disaster that hit the Gulf Coast nearly three years ago. But for all the families and individuals directly affected, many still struggle daily to pull their lives back together.
                            And many have had to start over in new cities, at new jobs and sometimes without health care.
                            Dr. Rolando Toyos knows that.
                            Immediately after the storm ravaged New Orleans and the Mississippi Gulf Coast, evacuees began flooding into Memphis. And Toyos, who opened Toyos Clinic in 2000, immediately began offering free medical and surgical eye care to them.
                            Toyos was recognized for his efforts by the Jazz Foundation of America at its annual concert and benefit at the Apollo Theater in New York City last month.
                            Some of the patients from New Orleans were displaced jazz musicians and one, Stephen Foster, was instrumental in Toyos receiving the recognition.
                            Foster, who still is receiving care from Toyos and is scheduled to undergo eye surgery in the near future, shared Toyos’ efforts with the Jazz Foundation of America."

Comment

• Autumn, I am so glad you feel some relief! I hope more will be continued =)

Sazy, I am excited that you will be doing IPL too! You definitely deserve some relief. I hope it helps. Please let us how it goes. Sazy, when you find out if the treatment helps the telangectasia of the inner eyelids, can you please report back? Thanks again!

Comment

• odydnas:

Ive had a chat with another member whos just had her first appointment this week with Dr toyos (she said she will post after she sees results). I asked her to ask him this question...

She printed off my question which was does IPL help with inner eyelid vascularization/inflammation that might be causing the MGD, he said yes it does as it treats vascularization in the eyelid. He will see my case anyway and i will let you know more

He has dry eye himself but cant use it due to his skin tone, so thats another incentive for him to find one for darker tones.

Comment

Working...
                                X