X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rich,

I have a question for you re the new drops you're trying:

when you say that after a few days your eyes are worse again, do you mean worse than when you first started the treatment...or worse than they were before you even started it?

As you may remember I'm in a similar position to you - can't use anything - and indeed feel that some drops have actually caused deterioration that takes weeks or more to get over.

wonder if it's the same for you?

Comment

Originally posted by eva b View Post
      Rich,

I have a question for you re the new drops you're trying:

when you say that after a few days your eyes are worse again, do you mean worse than when you first started the treatment...or worse than they were before you even started it?

As you may remember I'm in a similar position to you - can't use anything - and indeed feel that some drops have actually caused deterioration that takes weeks or more to get over.

wonder if it's the same for you?
      Tough one Eva,I suppose possibly the same symptons ive had very bad days using drops and very bad not so??

I suppose i can say they are no better using the drops and when im on a bad spell and i hope the drops will refresh my eyes but more than often they dont.

Be honest this is normally where i stop and give up saying " Im never going to use drops again " But i think i need to prove a point here and this is going to turn into a little experiment to prove once and for all that drops are either good for me or bad for me so im going to carry on for a little while yet and as we speak the postman has just bought my 2nd Clinitas 3 eye drop bottle,im impessed with Butterflies Health care UK only bought on line Friday morning and on Sat morning fell through my letterbox.

So goin to keep on with the drops unless i see a turn for the worse because of the drops!!

Will keep you posted.

Rich.

Comment

Four weeks in using Clinitas 3 everyday 3 or 4 times a day.

Hmmm tough one trying to stay positive so im going to say yes a tad and only a tad mind better with the drops than without so thats a first.

So going to keep on with them, sometimes they really do sting when putting the drop in sometimes ok, when the eyes are stinging bad so the drops hurt!

A bottle lasted approx 3 week plus.

Trouble is when your having a bad day all the good days ( and there rare) are forgotten.

Funny how one day can be so much different than the next even if your doing exactly the same thing ie; weather,food ,drink,job etc etc?

Anyway chin up going to carry on with the drops!

Thanks

Rich.

Comment

Hi Rich
          Was wondering about how you were getting on .its good things are no worse and maybe a tad better -
          You could expect a very slow improvement with the clinitas 3 as it claims to improve all three layers of the tear film and that takes time,particularly after having it as long as you have
          I am on them 5 months now and my eyes are pretty OK - I dont seem to have runs of bad days anymore - just a bit of burning in bad situations like too much TV / computer/ fan heaters , but the drops ease this
          I think i am as good as i ever will be
          I do hope you get improvement too
          have you tried keeping an eye diary ?
          I used to, and recorded progress - it helps you to see exactly how you are doing

Comment

Stella hi.

Its because of you and telling me to go through the giving up stage that im going to see it through. Going to a good few months of this.

Do you find the Clinitas gives you a feeling of a hair in your eye several times a day with a bit of residue goo? if you pull it out of a corner of your eye with tweezers it can sometimes be like a long hair well over 1 .5 inches long, lovely feeling when you pull it out.

Sorry waffling now!

Actually not had a too bad a day eyes poor instead of bloody impossible.

Do keep some sort of account on the eyes it seems in a week 4 days impossible ,2 day poor, 1 day maybe not so poor.

Have a good weekend.

Rich.

Comment

5 or 6 weeks in now on the course of Clinitas 3 and do you know what ever so slightly better, eyes not stinging so bad and eyes are starting to look and feel a tad better!

Hmm!!

I will tell you what when you have a good day how great does that feel,magic!

It helps that on a good day you dont seem to think about your eyes so much but on a bad day its every second you think of them!

Anyway im pleased actually very pleased!

on with the Clinitas 3

Oh and i also bought some Blephasol from Butterflies UK as well its an eyelid wipe i have to carefull have to put some on a cotton bud mustnt get it in my eyes but seems to make them easier to clean as the rubbish seems to dissolve easier with a wipe of the cotton bud.

Thanks

Rich.

Comment

Hello Rich , like you I tried numerous drops and none made my
                eyes feel any better , compresses made eyes worse as well .
                Cleaning eyelids made them worse and I became desperate as I thought things would never improve . I then tried Supranettes
                to cleanse my eyelids and Clarymist spray and Omega fish
                oil capsules and touch wood things have been much better
                than before . Must have improved as I stopped posting about
                a year ago . Hope you and everyone suffering get some relief
                soon .

Graham.

Comment

Hi Rich - its me again -You sound like your making progress very slowely

I have been using clinitas for 5 months now and am probably as good as i will ever be - which is pretty good and a level i can live with

I have only had my DE for 2 and half years, and you have had yours 40 + years so i imagine you could still improve a lot if you continue with the clinitas
                  I do hope so - Good luck and keep us posted

Comment

Progress report;

This week all week bloody awfull,back to square one,drops are doing nothing,no good at all!

This dry eye is something else,just when you think its slow but sure your improving; bang,every waking hour moderate to severe stinging for the last 5 or 6 days!

Still going to take the drops but confidence in them is slipping now!!

Rich.

Sorry about the negative side of this post " on a downer" and this will mean a very poor Easter break with every second thinking about eyes eyes eyes!

Comment

so sorry to hear about this setback, Rich.

I'm in the same place as you at the moment, so double sympathise.

Ifeel really envious of people who are making all sorts of plans for easter and seeing their families...all I can think about is getting through the day!

Comment

8 or 9 weeks in now using Clinitas 3 everyday 3 or 4 times!

How am i getting on?? IM NOT !!

Horrendous stinging 90 % of the waking hours ,unbearable ,really really on a low and miserable,this ruins your life fact!!or it certainly dictates how your life is run!!

Going to seriously think about giving up the drops for good now! The times ive said that!

I really do now think that especially in my case drops do more harm than good?

Rich.

Sorry about the moaning again but well you all know!

Comment

Sorry to hear that Rich.

Like you, I've had the problem for most of my life too. I tried Clinitas but the stinging and general discomfort meant that I gave up on it. I've given most of the drops a go but never found anything that helps.

I'm trying another one now called Vis-med but after 4 or 5 weeks of using it, I feel my eyes are getting to the point when they are (again) saying `no' to the drops. I'm so tired because the discomfort wakes me up. My left eye is worse than the right and the top lid is always scarlet with inflammation. I actually have to gently take hold of the skin near my temple and pull it away from the eye - just to ease some of the pressure.

I'm seeing a private consultant because the NHS dismissed the problem for so long. My eyes are so dry and inflamed now that the consultant has written to the PCT to apply for go-ahead on autologous serum - but I'm not getting my hopes up. Apparently you have to put up a fight for it yet I know it doesn't suit all cases.

Take care. I know how horrible this all is.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich S. View Post
                            8 or 9 weeks in now using Clinitas 3 everyday 3 or 4 times!

How am i getting on?? IM NOT !!

Horrendous stinging 90 % of the waking hours ,unbearable ,really really on a low and miserable,this ruins your life fact!!or it certainly dictates how your life is run!!

Going to seriously think about giving up the drops for good now! The times ive said that!

I really do now think that especially in my case drops do more harm than good?

Rich.

Sorry about the moaning again but well you all know!
                            Oh Rich, I'm so sorry to hear your news, really I am. As you say, life is a complete misery.

I'm currently driving myself mad researching and trying to eliminate every possible thing that I might be using that could possibly be irritating or aggravating my condition. Never knew so many ordinary household and personal care products (cleaner, soap powder and shampoos etc) contain what are basically natural fragrances from essential oils, which aactually contain chemicals that we can be sensitive to!

Have recently discovered soap nuts (yes...nuts....from a tree) that you do your washing with to eliminate that one.

You could drive yourself mad!!!!!!!!

eva. x

Comment

Originally posted by eva b View Post
                              Oh Rich, I'm so sorry to hear your news, really I am. As you say, life is a complete misery.

I'm currently driving myself mad researching and trying to eliminate every possible thing that I might be using that could possibly be irritating or aggravating my condition. Never knew so many ordinary household and personal care products (cleaner, soap powder and shampoos etc) contain what are basically natural fragrances from essential oils, which aactually contain chemicals that we can be sensitive to!

Have recently discovered soap nuts (yes...nuts....from a tree) that you do your washing with to eliminate that one.

You could drive yourself mad!!!!!!!!

eva. x
                              Just got home from another horrendous day, struggling to type this post!

ive really tried it all , Eva yep the nuts ,the soap ,washing your hair often, diets, drops ,creams, hynoptism, water, meditation, chinese whatever you call it? everything, Oh even had atube up my Bum for a clean out ,had about 10 sessions with that ,dietricain said it might help, £200 later all it did was make me more hungry haha!!

Goin to have to give up on the drops eyes just cant take anymore so it will be interesting to see if they get slightly better without will let you know.

Drops are always the same with me always have semi decent spell at first then, BANG !! the dry eye says your not getting rid of me that easy and it always always wins.

if you read all the gump about Clinitas 3 it really gets you thinking this is the " Kiddie" this is the one that will change my life,sorry not for me.

This must be the end of the drops for me this time ,surely! How many times have i said that !!

Thank you all for your understanding replies,thats the thing with this forum everybody certainly understands.

Thanks Rich

Comment

Working...
                              X