Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

meibomian gland pimple on eyelid margin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• meibomian gland pimple on eyelid margin?

I keep getting a small (smaller than poppy-seed size) golden-yellow oily looking pimple thing on my eyelid margin. There is one that comes and goes away within a few days on my lower margin, and another on my upper eyelid margin. Is this a blocked meibomian gland?

I'm doing warm moist compress at night without much effect.

Also, I just noticed recently that after a blink, both eyes sometimes form bubbles in the tears on the medial upper part of my eyeballs (big enough to see without a magnifying glass) that pop right away. Is this normal, or is this the "foamy tears" I hear about with MGD?

That doesn't sound like much fun zuzu. I'm no expert but it does seem related to MGD, it's logical to think if the eyelid glands are blocked and the meibum has solidified, a pimple will form at the base from a lack of moisture. After your warm moist compresses do you wipe your eyelids with a cotton bud and basically perform the eye spa routine that's described in Dr. Latkany's book "The Dry Eye Remedy" ? ... I found I was getting less pimples on my eyelids when following this procedure.

Comment

Zuzu70, Do you use a rice or flaxseed bag type of warm compress?
      Paediatric ocular rosacea ~ primum non nocere

Comment

I also get these 'bubbles' exactly as you describe! I'd also be interested to know if they're the 'foamy tears' associated with MGD. I have in the past also got the small pimples you describe, although I haven't had many in the last couple of months, since using warm compresses and lid massage.

Comment

I'm using a hot washcloth. I noticed this morning that if I put the washcloth directly on the pimple (instead of outside my lids) I can actually shrink it in a minute or two! I don't know if it'll come back though. I have noticed that the pimple gives me a foreign body sensation and trouble with my contact lens if I'm wearing lenses.

I don't know how to to the eye spa routine you mention, dcrdryeye. Is there an article or webpage about it?

Comment

http://dryeyezone.com/encyclopedia/dryeyeremedy.html Here's your homework Zuzu! Dr Latkany's book is very helpful for us. We prefer a small cotton trainer sock of dry rice, microwaved, because it fits the eye so well. Although we are also using Blephasteam goggles ongoing.
            Paediatric ocular rosacea ~ primum non nocere

Comment

I get these occasionally too. They look like little blisters over my mebomian glands. Cleaning and compresses usually helps to get rid of them. Do you find them uncomfortable? I can't feel mine, just see them in the mirror
              The eye altering, alters all - William Blake

Comment

Yes, when I have one and I wear my contacts it gives me a constant mild foreign body sensation when I blink.

Comment

I get these too on the odd occasion and they usually burst on their own. Dont you just love it when you want to ask a really important question and then find someone else has already asked it for you!? *Forum love!*

Comment

Working...
                  X