Starbursts and ghosting, dry eye sensation without actual dryness.. HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by phenix01 View Post
    How about drops like xiidra, that did not contain inflammation?
    Xiidra did nothing for me or if it did it was not noticeable. I am on Restasis right now.

Comment

• Hi phenix
      that is strange. I recall you have visited many doctors and now finally one said you have rosacea?
      Did dr say you have Telangectasia lid margins?
      What other tests have you done?

IPL - According to opinion leader, Professor Preeya Gupta (from USA)
      most successful for patients with
      advanced MGD, (mild to serve) evaporative DED
      Rosacea or Seborrheic Dermatitis
      Telangectasia lid margins
      a non-laser light source
      suitable for almost any patient
      (Dr Toyos, 1st dr who applied IPL to treat dry eye, mentioned in one of his videos that there is NEW model which suits for (almost) all skin types, I recalled)

Comment

• I do find it strange to indeed, but to be honest this has been my experience with eye doctors for the past two years: the more doctors you see, the more pieces and bits of info you get.
        My dr did not mention Telangectasia.
        I definitely have advance MGD and evoraporative dry eye. I produce close to no oil.

Comment

I do find it strange to indeed, but to be honest this has been my experience with eye doctors for the past two years: the more doctors you see, the more pieces and bits of info you get.
          My dr did not mention Telangectasia.
          I definitely have advance MGD and evoraporative dry eye. I produce close to no oil.
          I think we are more and less in the same boat. I would suggest getting serum drop as soon as possible.
          I was also diagnosed with MGD but I believe the nerve issue is playing and important role. Unfortunately, I can not travel to US but if you can pay a visit to Dr Hamrah.

Comment

• PROBING UPDATE - 6 week

At my last checkup, I was happy to hear that most of my glands are apparetly expressing good quality oil. The problem however is that my glands don't generate a lot of oil...therefore I am symptomatic when on the computer too much, etc.

Could be that they're slowly getting back at it, or could be chronic inflammation that needs to be addressed with something like IPL.

Is IPL safe?

Comment

• Thanks for the update. Wondering why you said could be chronic inflammaion....?
              Does it mean your dr does not even know WHY as (s)he did not do MMP-9 or can not detect the issue? Just curious.

Comment

• Originally posted by MGD1701 View Post
                Thanks for the update. Wondering why you said could be chronic inflammaion....?
                Does it mean your dr does not even know WHY as (s)he did not do MMP-9 or can not detect the issue? Just curious.
                Every Dr I've seen (and that's many) specialized in dry eye couldn't say with certainty what's going on with my glands. It seems near impossible to make a sure diagnosis when it comes to the cause of MGD.

Comment

Every Dr I've seen (and that's many) specialized in dry eye couldn't say with certainty what's going on with my glands. It seems near impossible to make a sure diagnosis when it comes to the cause of MGD.
                  I have done two sets of IPL so far. I can say it is fairly safe. Last Friday when my doctor gave me expression, it was less painful but still had thick oil. I am doing my third one next Wednesday. I will update again.

Comment

PROBING UPDATE - 6 week

At my last checkup, I was happy to hear that most of my glands are apparetly expressing good quality oil. The problem however is that my glands don't generate a lot of oil...therefore I am symptomatic when on the computer too much, etc.

Could be that they're slowly getting back at it, or could be chronic inflammation that needs to be addressed with something like IPL.

Is IPL safe?
                    Do you have more dryness in one eye than the other?
                    Last edited by ebi1368; 09-Oct-2018, 07:08.

Comment

• Originally posted by ebi1368 View Post

Do you have more dryness in one eye than the other?
                      I'm told its pretty similar. TBU 6 sec in left eye, 4 sec in right eye. Strangely enough, my left eye is the most symptomatic.

Comment

I'm told its pretty similar. TBU 6 sec in left eye, 4 sec in right eye. Strangely enough, my left eye is the most symptomatic.
                        I also have more problem with left eye. Your case pretty much like me.

You might want to give IPL a try. The second treatment I did, the dr said, she was expressing my gland easier. I felt that too. My eyes did not feel that bad (like the first treatment). I am going for the third one.

Comment

• Hi,i wanted to ask did any off you tried scleral lenses? I have same simptoms like phenix01 but i never had LASIK. My problem started few months after buying a LED monitor,i used CCFL for 4 years without problems but after i bought LED i got dry eyes and starbursting,halos and ghosting at night. I think that scleral lenses can fix this but i haven't tried them yet.

Comment

• ebi1368
                            Hello, I am new to the topic. I have never had any surgery done to my eyes but sharing the same symptoms, especially the ghosting. My eyes do not feel that dry and my HOA does not seem to be high to the two refraction doctors I went seeing. One of the Dr even said I have below average HOA compare to normal eyes.

I saw that you had improvement with ointment, can you tell which ointment you used? I do think this might be something tear film related.

Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by zhao223 View Post
                              ebi1368
                              Hello, I am new to the topic. I have never had any surgery done to my eyes but sharing the same symptoms, especially the ghosting. My eyes do not feel that dry and my HOA does not seem to be high to the two refraction doctors I went seeing. One of the Dr even said I have below average HOA compare to normal eyes.

I saw that you had improvement with ointment, can you tell which ointment you used? I do think this might be something tear film related.

Thanks!

I am sorry you are having problems. I used Ocinux but after a few nights I got allergic and stopped it. So not much improvement

Comment

• Hello,i am also having starbursting,ghosting,halos and glare but only at night (when my pupils are dialated). I also have dry eyes and i never had LASIK my problem has started started after buying LED monitor.

Comment

Working...
                                X