Don't know what to do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't know what to do?

Im jobless supported myself via ESA i get scope fish oil which does help my dry eyes but pay for this, catacrom and setraline are by repeat prescription. I dont know what to do to help my eyes any more and more redness keeps appearing, im applying for jobs but my main concern is well... getting back to how I was? Am I always going to be stuck with PAC and dry eyes? My mgd is mild but I dont know what else to do. I'm at a loss, and starting to think I'll be stuck with red dry eyes for a long time... as I'm in the uk and well the options we have is okay but im stuck?

I’m sorry this has been so hard on you. It has for me as well. I’ve seen some of your older posts, I’m sad things aren’t getting where you want them to be.

What is PAC? What type of dry eye do you habe? What are the two drugs you listed by prescription, what are they for?

When is your dry eye the worst? Mornings, toward the end of the day? Do you sleep on your side/stomach or back?

Comment

PAC = perennial allergic conjunctivitis (yes I had to look it up)

What seems to help the most? Are there any drops that improve it? Do any drops seem to make it worse? What about cold compresses? Have you had any luck pinning down triggers for the redness? Could moisture chamber glasses help?

I looked up catacrom... are you using the preservative free version?
      Rebecca Petris
      The Dry Eye Foundation
      dryeyefoundation.org
      800-484-0244

Comment

I have allergies all year round, i have mild mgd fish oil does help aswell as pres free catacom i thought redness is to do with allergies ive been told not to try and figure out what im allergic to because whatever it is its year round. I used alot of eye drops from thera tears gel tears sprays they didn't seem to help me. Moisture chamber glasses i dont know what they are? Dry eye is worse is when in wind or heated areas ive got my symptoms under control but I do suffer with head aches ? I don't know if this is any relation to inflammation. The dryness is my most annoying paired with redness im on my 4th year and at an end if im honest. I'm not too far away from my goal last appointment I was at 6 seconds for tbut i just dont know how to get to a *normal* point? Aka 10 seconds.

Comment

Hello, would it be possible to provide a picture of the “redness” you are experiencing? I hear a lot about dry eye sufferers with redness (me including) but I’ve never actually seen someone else’s eyes

Comment

Hi epicjinx

allergies
            wise to find out what you are allergic to so you can avoid them.

Moisture glasses can help with pollen, wind, dry air etc. details visit
            https://www.eyewear-accessories.co.uk/collections

MGD
            great that you are mild. wise to make sure & monitor gland function on a regular basic.

Red eyes are not normal. Best ask dr why. Could be allergies, inflammation or demodex?

Comment

MGD: youd think finding out and avoiding it would be the best, but im told if its dust or anything thats always around then theres no point. I think the redness is from allergies, im not sure. I seen them away back in may and i was at 6 seconds after trying punctual plugs this is with scope fish oil + allergy eye drops, allergy eye drops dry out my eyes so fish oil is needed. Sirdryeye: ill try and see what i can do.

Comment

Allergy could be feather etc. Hard to detect but some tests help.

allergy drop makes dry drier so bad solution. Moisture glasses is much better solution.

omega 3: bio, cold pressed flaxseed oil is good too - much cheaper.

Comment

Mgd ive tried biotears didnt work for me, thera tears flaxseed. Unfornatelt scope is what helps luckily I only need to buy it once a month and it lasts for 40 days or more depends on daily use intake. I know im allergic to somethinf outside im thinking it's a type of grass often inflamed hands due to it, but inside its mainly dusty, animals, and can't think what else.

Comment

Working...
                  X