Life's not going great

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Life's not going great

So. I was suppose to start training for a new job and ice been told so many different days and never got a definite date... so freaking about money as my esa assessment is due. I dont mind a job its just; i want to get enough for IPL which would be £450, and then maintenence. My relationship isnt working well either, long distance and hes never bothered to make the effort to see me and in getting angry because he keeps saying, first time i seen him in 3 months and after it says we will make plans soon, that I'm more important and he wants to see me, and I'll make time... yet every weekend since I've asked him and hes busy. He said a few weeks back only busy for these few weekends then we will see after, deleted him off fb because this isnt helping me... i thought a decent relationship would help and work would keep me focused... but haven't started work and thats happening. And cant get this under control, hoping this week gp will get the letter so I can start the new ones... i just would like relief, to start my job and this relationship to work... but now I'm stressed because it's falling apart.... im on setraline, but I burst into tears yesterday about my eyes. Just so fed up i thought things went well when I got told I had a job, and retrying with an ex... but just annoyed it hasn't. Just needed someone to rant to, because I am getting stressed. I would like to retry getting to uni and finish my degree but I worry for the future of will i get a job in my degree sector?

in-office manual expression can do the job too in lieu of IPL.
    Most doctors in UK might not do it but just try your luck -
    perhaps you could purchase the expressor from USA so your doctor can do it for you.

I am sure any decent docor would do it, if we ask - the key is we have to try it.
    Prof. Clara Chan in Canada expresses glands for patients as most of her patient can not afford IPL, LipiFlow.

If we search for it, we will find solutions/alternatives - do not give up. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by epicjinx View Post
      So. I was suppose to start training for a new job and ice been told so many different days and never got a definite date... so freaking about money as my esa assessment is due. I dont mind a job its just; i want to get enough for IPL which would be £450, and then maintenence. My relationship isnt working well either, long distance and hes never bothered to make the effort to see me and in getting angry because he keeps saying, first time i seen him in 3 months and after it says we will make plans soon, that I'm more important and he wants to see me, and I'll make time... yet every weekend since I've asked him and hes busy. He said a few weeks back only busy for these few weekends then we will see after, deleted him off fb because this isnt helping me... i thought a decent relationship would help and work would keep me focused... but haven't started work and thats happening. And cant get this under control, hoping this week gp will get the letter so I can start the new ones... i just would like relief, to start my job and this relationship to work... but now I'm stressed because it's falling apart.... im on setraline, but I burst into tears yesterday about my eyes. Just so fed up i thought things went well when I got told I had a job, and retrying with an ex... but just annoyed it hasn't. Just needed someone to rant to, because I am getting stressed. I would like to retry getting to uni and finish my degree but I worry for the future of will i get a job in my degree sector?
      I am sorry your life has been up and down. Mine is not any better but I am sure it is not going to stay like this for any of us.

Comment

Originally posted by MGD1701 View Post
        epicjinx If it's helpful, I know a couple of decently priced options in south west UK for this. PM if you want details.

Comment

Originally posted by ebi1368 View Post

I am sorry your life has been up and down. Mine is not any better but I am sure it is not going to stay like this for any of us.
          Ithanks for the last part i know this- but azura opthamolics is working on resolving the main problem of mgd and using that to create something that will repair the dysfunctional glands. But it'll be years for it to come to UK.

Comment

Originally posted by MGD1701 View Post
            perhaps you could purchase the expressor from USA so your doctor can do it for you.

I am sure any decent docor would do it, if we ask - the key is we have to try it.
            Prof. Clara Chan in Canada expresses glands for patients as most of her patient can not afford IPL, LipiFlow.

If we search for it, we will find solutions/alternatives - do not give up. Good luck!

Would it help mild mgd? I'm struggling to get to a point where I'm comfortable. Ipl I cant afford until work and even then not sure how much itll help i know it helps mgd but just is it enough for possible relief.

Comment

Originally posted by Meibum Ian View Post

epicjinx If it's helpful, I know a couple of decently priced options in south west UK for this. PM if you want details.
              Only issue is i live in scotland, so I don't know if thatll help much... just IPL ill need to wait til i get enough money and ive had them expressed its normally just still lack of oil despite fish oil and allergy drops that I use (allergy bumps are back and i think this will effect my tbut as noticed).

Comment

There are several options - the key is to get an accurate diagnose first or get nowhere.
                Some people may just need BlephEx to remove years of biofilm - super glue hard to get ride of by ourselves.

Comment

epicjinx don’t worry you’ll get through this, my eyes are burning whilst I write this, we can do this. I’m also from Uk and the treatment I’ve recieved is fairly average .

Comment

Originally posted by epicjinx View Post
                    As a fellow sufferer in the UK, I can really sympathise, and understand what you are going through, I've had non-stop burning eyes for the past 11 months. I would not place all your hopes on IPL though - it has worked for many people but at the same time, it hasn't made any difference for others. The place I am considering having it done have been very honest and said they have seen a 50% success rate with their patients, it really depends on the individual. Imagine if you spent all that money and it still didn't work?

You need to carry on trying to find a good doctor in your area - a correct diagnosis is key. Personally I am not having much luck at Moorfields - the last doctor I saw there hadn't even heard of IPL when I asked him what he thought about it and actually asked me what the letters stood for?! Then he proceeded to give me a lecture on how my condition is not sight threatening, the inflammation does not look that bad and therefore I just need to get on with my life and live with it. I was lost for words.

You mentioned you take setraline? Not sure what this is, but could your dry eyes possibly be a side effect?

Please do not give up hope and try and stay positive.

Comment

Originally posted by Alix View Post

As a fellow sufferer in the UK, I can really sympathise, and understand what you are going through, I've had non-stop burning eyes for the past 11 months. I would not place all your hopes on IPL though - it has worked for many people but at the same time, it hasn't made any difference for others. The place I am considering having it done have been very honest and said they have seen a 50% success rate with their patients, it really depends on the individual. Imagine if you spent all that money and it still didn't work?

You need to carry on trying to find a good doctor in your area - a correct diagnosis is key. Personally I am not having much luck at Moorfields - the last doctor I saw there hadn't even heard of IPL when I asked him what he thought about it and actually asked me what the letters stood for?! Then he proceeded to give me a lecture on how my condition is not sight threatening, the inflammation does not look that bad and therefore I just need to get on with my life and live with it. I was lost for words.

You mentioned you take setraline? Not sure what this is, but could your dry eyes possibly be a side effect?

Please do not give up hope and try and stay positive.
                      Thats ridicilous they didnt know what IPL was, its just i know i have allergy and mgd, allergies make my mgd worse-> allergy bumps. It's just i havent tried IPL, i have tried alot of other treatments and it didnt work; im 50/50 about it but i havent tried it yet so. Setraline: i never had dry eyes when i was 16/17 when i was on setraline. It's hard to stay positive when theres not many options left for you to try, and research on dry eye/mgd takes forever.

Comment

Originally posted by SirDryEye View Post
                        epicjinx don’t worry you’ll get through this, my eyes are burning whilst I write this, we can do this. I’m also from Uk and the treatment I’ve recieved is fairly average .
                        I appreciate how much more positibe you guys are, just some days i really cant be bothered dealing with it, and sometimes blame myself for it.

Comment

@epicjinx I did a quick google research and there does seem to be some connection between sertraline and dry eye. I used to wear contact lens and never had dry eye problems, now I can't wear them at all, things do change. Worth asking your doctor maybe?

I too feel like there are not many options left, but there are always options, you just need to keep on going and try something else.

Have the doctors mentioned doxycycline or Azyter to you? Antibiotics can help MGD.

Comment

Originally posted by Alix View Post
                            @epicjinx I did a quick google research and there does seem to be some connection between sertraline and dry eye. I used to wear contact lens and never had dry eye problems, now I can't wear them at all, things do change. Worth asking your doctor maybe?

I too feel like there are not many options left, but there are always options, you just need to keep on going and try something else.

Have the doctors mentioned doxycycline or Azyter to you? Antibiotics can help MGD.
                            Nope, no mention of antibiotics that too is the only other thing ive not tried. And no- my reason for dry eye is computer use, which increased. My eyes were never effected by antidepressants.

Comment

Working...
                            X