First IPL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First IPL

Went to my appointment discussed about how i may need to rearrange next appointment due to work, but got told it's okay to rearrange if needed for IPL as work comes first. So it was werid i flinched the first 5 hits of IPL on my right eye but didn't flinch much on my left eye. I have grade 2 mgd, and got the non invasive tbut test, I had 4 seconds, and 5 blocked glands on each lower lid that got squeezed out after IPL. I got told ill have improvement possibly on later treatments 2/3. Apart from those blockages all of my other glands are open. And are now functioning better, I got shown results from someone else going from 7 to 12 to 18. I'm not sure why my results have gone backwards maybe due to allergies and my medication needing to take a full month to kick in? But optician seen no problem as to why I couldn't get to normal with use of IPL. Only got IPL on my bottom lids and got an information sheet.

I had huge improvements in Schirmer's scores after four IPLs this year. I was 10/7 and 10/5 and finished with 29/31. It almost sounds abnormally high but IPL definitely helped me.

Comment

Im glad it helped you was it just water layer affected or was it mixed? I'm glad you got good results!

Comment

Originally posted by icenet View Post
        I had huge improvements in Schirmer's scores after four IPLs this year. I was 10/7 and 10/5 and finished with 29/31. It almost sounds abnormally high but IPL definitely helped me.
        Very interesting! IPL works on meibomian glands but I suppose by making them healthy, you took the inflammation down in the lacrimal gland.

Was Schirmer’s with our without anaesthetic?

Comment

epicjinx did you find the procedure painful? I really don’t like IPL.

Comment

Originally posted by hopeful_hiker View Post
            IPL should not be painfully uncomfortable , but there are small jolts.

Checkout this post by Dr Laura Periman:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bq0KqdgF...d=ycdg0vjk2l9j

Comment

deep_dry_eye I go to her clinic for IPL and it hurts! Maybe I am too sensitive? Who knows.

Comment

Very interesting! IPL works on meibomian glands but I suppose by making them healthy, you took the inflammation down in the lacrimal gland.

Was Schirmer’s with our without anaesthetic?
                If you lower the inflammatory molecules in the tear film by way of IPL, you will inevitable lower inflammation in the lacrimal gland. Imagine, after IPL, those glands are dumping way less toxins into the eye. Assuming there’s not something else effecting the lacrimal gland, I believe it would heal also.

Comment

No not painful at all just more i flinched alot whilst it and your face warms up afterwards.

Comment

Originally posted by deep_dry_eye View Post

IPL should not be painfully uncomfortable , but there are small jolts.

Checkout this post by Dr Laura Periman:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bq0KqdgF...d=ycdg0vjk2l9j
                    I agree with this. If you are getting pain I dont know why ito happening. For me it wasnt painful at all.

Comment

deep_dry_eye I go to her clinic for IPL and it hurts! Maybe I am too sensitive? Who knows.
                      Does Laura do the procedure? Did you let her know? She has a lot of experience, definitely way more than us.

Comment

I find IPL pinches somewhat, I wouldn’t say it’s painful, but yes I definitely flinch having it done!

Comment

Working...
                        X