Feeling fed up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feeling fed up

Feeling the need to rant. I'm fed up of spending alot of money on things I don't know if they will Work, my eyes are getting more blood shot because I've had no relief in 4 years and im getting nervous that I might not be able to achieve that. My tbut has went backwards i think due to allergyour bumps (? ) im not sure it was fairly stable last time when I got told my allergy bumps are back. I'm just tired of dealing with this disease, the amount of tears ive shed going through this. Got it at 17, when I started my course in graphic design. Granted i have barely any symptoms not sure why as my tbut is 4 seconds. They do itch despite allergy drops and using everything I can to tackle this. I'm just fed up dealing with this on a daily basis, I kmow if i give up my eyes will be even drier! I'm just nervous as i wanted to go to uni, but having blood shot uncomfortable eyes and well... not sure about pursuing my profession. i feel like i screwed myself over, I've been trying to get relief and nothing. I'm trying IPL along with warm compress allergy drops hypotonic drops and ive ordered optimel. I'm struggling to stay positive most days some days I wake up positive that I can get past this and my eyes will get better other days it seems gloomy. I sleep alot to avoid this. I personally wish no one had to deal with this. Seems like years before people get relief thats if it happens?

just feeling so conflicted and I hate this disease so much its taken alot from me! And im doing everything I can and majority of things haven't worked. I dont know how much more hope I've got as some more things for mgd will take years. I just don't want to be battling this forever with already pre-existing mental health problems.

IPL is my last option as my eyes arent bad enough for those special lenses nor inflammation due to what I'm told despite asking for inflammadry test. I just sorta hope that IPL will help me.

Have you tried full four plugs?

Comment

Originally posted by ebi1368 View Post
      Have you tried full four plugs?
      No, I've tried having 2 in and i didnt feel a difference.

Comment

Originally posted by epicjinx View Post

No, I've tried having 2 in and i didnt feel a difference.
        You might want to try that. There are many here that did not feel any difference with one plug and got almost confortable with two plugs. Just something to consider.

If You want you could do just one eye to compare.

Comment

Originally posted by ebi1368 View Post

You might want to try that. There are many here that did not feel any difference with one plug and got almost confortable with two plugs. Just something to consider.

If You want you could do just one eye to compare.
          Yeah maybe something to consider but I dont think I'll go ahead with it as only having one in each eye didnt help and my issue is mgd related.

Comment

I was fed up and agitated pretty much the entire time this is going on. When you’re in that level of pain and it’s constantly nagging at you and No one can help you, it’s scary and frustrating. I didn’t start feeling somewhat normal until I was treated correctly for my eyelid problem. What’s difficult with my disease is, it presents as MGD. But if you treated like MGD, you will feel to solve the problem. So once someone finally figured out how to treat me, I was great. You can literally actually see how my eyelashes were pointing downward, and now they’re starting to curl back up again. Which tells me my eyelids are healing. I can feel it.

Wgat mahes me sad sad is you have horrible care In the UK. Is there anyway you can come to the United States and see a doctor?

Comment

Originally posted by Dowork123 View Post
              I was fed up and agitated pretty much the entire time this is going on. When you’re in that level of pain and it’s constantly nagging at you and No one can help you, it’s scary and frustrating. I didn’t start feeling somewhat normal until I was treated correctly for my eyelid problem. What’s difficult with my disease is, it presents as MGD. But if you treated like MGD, you will feel to solve the problem. So once someone finally figured out how to treat me, I was great. You can literally actually see how my eyelashes were pointing downward, and now they’re starting to curl back up again. Which tells me my eyelids are healing. I can feel it.

Wgat mahes me sad sad is you have horrible care In the UK. Is there anyway you can come to the United States and see a doctor?
              Probably no chance, im already pouring my cash into IPL as its the only thing i can have (lipiflow is here too but my glands arent badly blocked). It's just i was on a streak when i got told i was at 7/8 when having the dye but now the non-invasive says 4 seconds which makes me sad. My optician has high hopes for IPL.

If going to USA was cheap enough i would try it, but im currently going to start training and then my 2nd IPL on the 13th.

Comment

Probably no chance, im already pouring my cash into IPL as its the only thing i can have (lipiflow is here too but my glands arent badly blocked). It's just i was on a streak when i got told i was at 7/8 when having the dye but now the non-invasive says 4 seconds which makes me sad. My optician has high hopes for IPL.

If going to USA was cheap enough i would try it, but im currently going to start training and then my 2nd IPL on the 13th.
                I only suggested it because the only way I could have fixed this was to meet a good doctor, and luckily I did.

there gas to be someone in the UK that can help you, even if they’re private.

I jist goigled this guy randomly, but he seems to do all the tests which makes me believe he’s knowledgeable and can possibly help. You really need to find out why this is happening. He’s in Scotland, I’m very naive, is that expensive or too far to travel for you?

https://www.peterivins.co.uk/shop_ey...c?next=&id=232

Comment

Feeling the need to rant. I'm fed up of spending alot of money on things I don't know if they will Work, my eyes are getting more blood shot because I've had no relief in 4 years and im getting nervous that I might not be able to achieve that. My tbut has went backwards i think due to allergyour bumps (? ) im not sure it was fairly stable last time when I got told my allergy bumps are back. I'm just tired of dealing with this disease, the amount of tears ive shed going through this. Got it at 17, when I started my course in graphic design. Granted i have barely any symptoms not sure why as my tbut is 4 seconds. They do itch despite allergy drops and using everything I can to tackle this. I'm just fed up dealing with this on a daily basis, I kmow if i give up my eyes will be even drier! I'm just nervous as i wanted to go to uni, but having blood shot uncomfortable eyes and well... not sure about pursuing my profession. i feel like i screwed myself over, I've been trying to get relief and nothing. I'm trying IPL along with warm compress allergy drops hypotonic drops and ive ordered optimel. I'm struggling to stay positive most days some days I wake up positive that I can get past this and my eyes will get better other days it seems gloomy. I sleep alot to avoid this. I personally wish no one had to deal with this. Seems like years before people get relief thats if it happens?

just feeling so conflicted and I hate this disease so much its taken alot from me! And im doing everything I can and majority of things haven't worked. I dont know how much more hope I've got as some more things for mgd will take years. I just don't want to be battling this forever with already pre-existing mental health problems.

IPL is my last option as my eyes arent bad enough for those special lenses nor inflammation due to what I'm told despite asking for inflammadry test. I just sorta hope that IPL will help me.

Do you know what you are allergic to specifically? If not it might be worth getting allergy tests done (for dust, mould, food etc), and then if they find you are allergic to anything specific, allergy shots could do the trick.

Also you might think about getting tested for vitamin deficiencies.

Ask if you can get these tests done on the NHS first before spending any more money.

Finally have you been tested for thyroid issues? This was the first thing my GP advised me to do - quick (and free) blood test at the local hospital.
                  Last edited by Alix; 04-Dec-2018, 16:03.

Comment

Originally posted by Alix View Post

Do you know what you are allergic to specifically? If not it might be worth getting allergy tests done (for dust, mould, food etc), and then if they find you are allergic to anything specific, allergy shots could do the trick.

Ask if you can get these tests done on the NHS first before spending any more money.

Finally have you been tested for thyroid issues? This was the first thing my GP advised me to do - quick (and free) blood test at the local hospital.
                    Yes I've had thyroid done before. Furr trees as i had an allergic reaction after handling them whilst helping my granda with the tree cutting. Maybe dust mites as we have alot of carpet or animal dander. Would the NHS allow it as it's just a mild but persistent allergic reaction to my eyes?

Comment

Originally posted by Alix View Post

I fear getting fobbed off as per with opthamplogists because my eyes areny so bad sign wise.

Comment

Yes I've had thyroid done before. Furr trees as i had an allergic reaction after handling them whilst helping my granda with the tree cutting. Maybe dust mites as we have alot of carpet or animal dander. Would the NHS allow it as it's just a mild but persistent allergic reaction to my eyes?
                        To be honest, this is going to sound bad, but in order to get heard by the NHS, you really need to exaggerate and say you are suffering badly from allergies and therefore you need to get tested as it is seriously affecting your quality of life. In actual fact that this isn't an exaggeration as you have been suffering for 4 years, this is long enough!

If they refuse, then look into getting tested privately. If you have severe allergies to any of the things you mentioned allergy shots might work.

Comment

Originally posted by Dowork123 View Post

I only suggested it because the only way I could have fixed this was to meet a good doctor, and luckily I did.

there gas to be someone in the UK that can help you, even if they’re private.

I jist goigled this guy randomly, but he seems to do all the tests which makes me believe he’s knowledgeable and can possibly help. You really need to find out why this is happening. He’s in Scotland, I’m very naive, is that expensive or too far to travel for you?

https://www.peterivins.co.uk/shop_ey...c?next=&id=232
                          I already go there for IPL im duE soon for my next one. I'm just anxious over blood shot eyes. My mgd is graded 2, with perenal allergic conjunctivitis. I was on an allergy drop for months that helped with scope fish oil and warm compress got 7/8 despite allergy bumps coming back. Restarted warm compress its just with them ive tried steroids no result, punctual plugs no result, oil based eye drops, didn't get bothered with opthamplogists to prescribe ikervis (only in severe cases) or scerla lenses... so I've tried as much as I can over the years. I know once it's under control ill be much happier its just last time wasnt far off and keep going up and down with results.

Comment

Just get the plugs I got them my eyes practically felt normal at times. They’ve fallen out since and I’m back to the old goggles!

Comment

Originally posted by SirDryEye View Post
                              Just get the plugs I got them my eyes practically felt normal at times. They’ve fallen out since and I’m back to the old goggles!
                              Unfortunately plugs only work for aqueous deficiency and makes dry eye worse if you have allergies.

I too had plugs in over the summer but had to have them taken out after a month as they just made my eyes even more bloodshot and irritated. I have hayfever and my eyes became very congested.

Comment

Working...
                              X