Simple suggestion: more sleep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simple suggestion: more sleep

I track my symptoms every day along with my diet, activities, eyes stressors, and sleep using a Google From I have created. I approximate measures but I am consistent for the last 10 months.

I struggle to find definite triggers except for one: sleep. Or rather lack of sleep. Sleep as long as you need, not as long as the mainstream society says. In my case it is 8.75-9.5 hours rather than 8. If I sleep less than 8 hours, my blinking pain increases tremendously.

I understand that for some dryness means disturbed sleep patterns. That was the case for me so I have an understanding of an impact lack of sleep can have (and I hope you get better and/or find tools to help sleep). But if you are usually able to sleep through the night, consider sleeping enough.

Do you also find lack of sleep is a trigger for you?

Tracking symptoms is sooooo smart. I have dreams of building dry eye symptom tracking software

Sleep is a huge factor for me with scleral lens wear time / tolerance... and therefore by implication, dryness. Does knowing that help me make better choices? Not so much as I would like! I really appreciate the reminder!
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

I found keeping a daily log key in the long run to finding what things helped or worsened how my eyes felt. I’m glad you have identified sleep as a factor. Yes, how much I sleep seems to be a factor for how comfortable my sclerals are, like Rebecca. And like you, I need ~9 hours sleep! Keep up the detective work, although tedious, it can pay off!

Comment

Assuming you don’t have lagopthalmos, yes, sleep is one of the best things for your eyes. Otherwise, it’s literally the worst thing for your eyes because they’re exposed.

Comment

Working...
        X