3rd IPL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3rd IPL

Been a while, just thought I'd post. 3rd IPL has worked extremely well, so recently had it on Friday of last week. All of my oil glands are producing nice oil, no blockage or bad oil. It's going how it should be. I asked about relief and i was told I should get some as the weeks go in (assuming itll take IPL a bit to fully kick in). No 4th one needed, but! I'm going again in Feb for my TBUT to be measured. It was 4 seconds at the start of IPL. So im hoping ill get relief with this as I've seen it on screen work for my oil glands, still using ketofall. Work has been stressful, so haven't had time to post on here. Wondering if anyone has had their 3rd IPL and then relief finally came?

Originally posted by epicjinx View Post
    Been a while, just thought I'd post. 3rd IPL has worked extremely well, so recently had it on Friday of last week. All of my oil glands are producing nice oil, no blockage or bad oil. It's going how it should be. I asked about relief and i was told I should get some as the weeks go in (assuming itll take IPL a bit to fully kick in). No 4th one needed, but! I'm going again in Feb for my TBUT to be measured. It was 4 seconds at the start of IPL. So im hoping ill get relief with this as I've seen it on screen work for my oil glands, still using ketofall. Work has been stressful, so haven't had time to post on here. Wondering if anyone has had their 3rd IPL and then relief finally came?
    Hi, Have you noticed any relief in symptoms even smallest change?

Comment

If im honest, not really. I mean i barely have any symptoms prior ive had he occasional burning but litterally nothing. Just redness and dryness.

Comment

You should be feeling relief straight away as soon as the blockage is released. They said the same to me as it should pick up as the months go on, but no avail. Maybe nice oil comes out once they’ve been heated and expressed, but the true problem is due to sluggish glands that are not working efficiently. I believe it’s a systemic response problem, something in the immune system is stopping the nerves from regulating the meibomian glands, but that’s just a hypothesis. I hope things pick up for you, IPL has been very effective for some people, give it a month the glands may be rebooting again.

Comment

I would suggest you to continue with the 4th round of IPL. There's no harm , and it might be a good idea to finish the protocol. The protocol is usually 4-6 rounds of IPL. Personally I'm on monthly-IPL and I have pretty good success.

Comment

I got best results with 6 but I am confused, first you said "3rd IPL has worked extremely well," then when asked "Have you noticed any relief in symptoms even smallest change?" you say "If im honest, not really" ....so, did it work or didn't it???

Comment

Originally posted by farmgirl View Post
              I got best results with 6 but I am confused, first you said "3rd IPL has worked extremely well," then when asked "Have you noticed any relief in symptoms even smallest change?" you say "If im honest, not really" ....so, did it work or didn't it???
              Well.... i had only had it that day. I haven't had it long. And im not going back for a fourth got told it was pointless due to my optremist saying so after seeing how well my oil was coming out. That's because I've only just had it done and cant feel any difference as of yet and was wondering if anyone had 3 IPLS and seen how long it took for relief.

Comment

Originally posted by deep_dry_eye View Post
                I would suggest you to continue with the 4th round of IPL. There's no harm , and it might be a good idea to finish the protocol. The protocol is usually 4-6 rounds of IPL. Personally I'm on monthly-IPL and I have pretty good success.
                4th is optional im going back to check my tbut next time I did want to do a 4th but seen how well my oil was and optremist said it wasn't needed.

Comment

Hopefully the 3rd is a winner if you have good oils both upper and lower.

I felt relief after the third but got a bit worse again and not much difference after the 4th because it got cold and the furnace was kicking in and drying the air. 5th and 6th made a decided difference even with the furnace drying the air....everyone is different

Comment

I think the TBUT is somewhat irrelevant if you’re still in pain. However, if your oil is good and your still in pain, there’s something else going on. Just my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                    X