IPL Testimonial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IPL Testimonial

I have MGD and Ocular Rosacea. IPL worked for me after ONE treatment. But sometimes it takes several treatments. Here's an interesting video:

​​​​​​https://youtu.be/cS1c543RKZo

Thank you for your post. Glad IPL worked for you.

Comment

Did you try warm compresses before? What method did you use (e.g. Therapearls, bruder, ...) and if so, did you massage your eyelids afterwards (and how: roll with finger from top to bottom of eyelid, horizontally, or with a q-tip); and finish it of with cleaning the eyeline with a product (HOCL, blephasol).
      Why I am asking these questions is as to know if people who see a difference with IPL could have just have done proper warm compresses and massages.

Another thing I would like to know: how did they secrete the meibom/blockage out of the glands? What method (with tools, fingers, q-tip) and how (rolling, pinching, ...).
      Was there also a cleansing at the end (HOCL, blephasol, disinfection gel/spray)?

Comment

Originally posted by gilles View Post
        Another thing I would like to know: how did they secrete the meibom/blockage out of the glands? What method (with tools, fingers, q-tip) and how (rolling, pinching, ...).
        In this video of the mayo clinic the doctor uses a q-tip inside and the finger outside: https://youtu.be/8SFaErUrk60?t=139

Comment

Originally posted by Fenix View Post

In this video of the mayo clinic the doctor uses a q-tip inside and the finger outside: https://youtu.be/8SFaErUrk60?t=139
          That person could have atleast used gloves, or a medical tool for hygienic reasons.

Comment

Did you try warm compresses before? What method did you use (e.g. Therapearls, bruder, ...) and if so, did you massage your eyelids afterwards (and how: roll with finger from top to bottom of eyelid, horizontally, or with a q-tip); and finish it of with cleaning the eyeline with a product (HOCL, blephasol).
            Why I am asking these questions is as to know if people who see a difference with IPL could have just have done proper warm compresses and massages.

Was there also a cleansing at the end (HOCL, blephasol, disinfection gel/spray)?
            I had been doing warm compresses for a couple years before the IPL. I used Hot Snapz every evening but did not massage my eyelids or clean them afterwards.

I have not seen the doctor since having my IPL, she waits until I'm done with the series of 4 IPLs. At my initial exam she used her fingers to press on my lower lid, just to see the status of my glands. But nothing has been done since then.

Comment

That person could have atleast used gloves, or a medical tool for hygienic reasons.
              Every eye doctor that touched my eyelids has done it without gloves. Maybe we are over-protecting our eyelids.
              For example, I always wash my face without touching eyelids, because I clean them later with eyelid wipes, and I avoid to touch them during the day. My girlfriend one day said "why don't you wash yuor entire face with eyelids too? it is normal to wash eyelids with water".

Comment

Originally posted by Fenix View Post
                Every eye doctor that touched my eyelids has done it without gloves. Maybe we are over-protecting our eyelids.
                For example, I always wash my face without touching eyelids, because I clean them later with eyelid wipes, and I avoid to touch them during the day. My girlfriend one day said "why don't you wash yuor entire face with eyelids too? it is normal to wash eyelids with water".
                It's more the fact that bacteria pile up beneath the nails, so instead wear gloves or use a tool to not infect the eyelid when doing what that doctor does in the video you shared.

Comment

Originally posted by valleygirl1961 View Post

I had been doing warm compresses for a couple years before the IPL. I used Hot Snapz every evening but did not massage my eyelids or clean them afterwards.

I have not seen the doctor since having my IPL, she waits until I'm done with the series of 4 IPLs. At my initial exam she used her fingers to press on my lower lid, just to see the status of my glands. But nothing has been done since then.
                  When doing warm compress at home, I guess it is not a bad thing to massage the eyelids when having a chronic problem. Just heating them is a good way as a maintenance routine when the glands are clear and not inflamed. Just be careful to use a good warm compres and do the massages properly. Cleaning afterwards is just to remove or kill the bacteria, to not re-infect other glands and maintenance.

So, no expression has been done immediately after the IPL?

Comment

When doing warm compress at home, I guess it is not a bad thing to massage the eyelids when having a chronic problem. Just heating them is a good way as a maintenance routine when the glands are clear and not inflamed. Just be careful to use a good warm compres and do the massages properly. Cleaning afterwards is just to remove or kill the bacteria, to not re-infect other glands and maintenance.

So, no expression has been done immediately after the IPL?
                    No. No expression was done immediately after IPL. IPL doesn't warm the eyelids, so I don't know why expression would be done immediately after.

Comment

No. No expression was done immediately after IPL. IPL doesn't warm the eyelids, so I don't know why expression would be done immediately after.
                      If you suffer from MGD is likely that your meibomian glands are clogged. The expression can help to unclog the glands.

Comment

Hi valleygirl1961 . That's really great it worked for you. I wonder did it work for red vessels in the eyes (if you had them of course). I'm considering to do IPL and I have those blood permanent vessels in my eyes. So one of the reasons I want to do IPL is to get rid of those ones. Did you see any difference in that?

Comment

Originally posted by drydm View Post
                          Hi valleygirl1961 . That's really great it worked for you. I wonder did it work for red vessels in the eyes (if you had them of course). I'm considering to do IPL and I have those blood permanent vessels in my eyes. So one of the reasons I want to do IPL is to get rid of those ones. Did you see any difference in that?
                          Unfortunately I have not seen a difference with the blood vessels in my eyes. But maybe that will take more time? I'll will ask the doctor about that at my next visit. That would be nice to get rid of them!

Comment

Unfortunately I have not seen a difference with the blood vessels in my eyes. But maybe that will take more time? I'll will ask the doctor about that at my next visit. That would be nice to get rid of them!
                            Yes, perhaps it takes more time for that. Here in UK the protocol is 4 sessions. My doctor couldn't say anything for sure about those vessels, but he said there are big chances to get rid of that. I guess it makes sense if IPL is good for facial rosacea which is also dilated blood vessels but in our skin than it may work with those in our eyes. Its just in the case with eyes, IPL doesn't work directly on the eyes as it works on the face. So therefore I guess it is difficult to say whether it helps or not.
                            Please give us an update about your next sessions.
                            Good luck to you!

Comment

Working...
                            X