Anybody ever heard of this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Julie,

You don't really have to eat fish 3 times weekly if you are taking fish oil supplements. I take drug store brand, 1000 mg 3 times daily. I also take borage oil (GLA) 1000 mg twice daily.

My diet is fairly simple: for breakfast, I eat a bowl of oatmeal and scrambled Egg Beaters. For lunch, a handful of almonds, a salad, and some yogurt (the no-added sugar kind). For dinner, some kind of lean meat with vegetables. I have cut way back of potatoes, and try to only eat brown rice, rather than white. For snacks, I eat almonds or cheese or drink some soy milk. I will eat a high protein/low carb cereal bar sometimes. It's pretty simple. Of course, I splurge occasionally when we go out. I can't believe how easily I lost weight. And I don't feel hungry either. Good luck to you and all of us!

Kathel

Comment

Originally posted by Brighteyes
      stephgurl1986,

I am very interested in learning more about your experience. How did you go about getting tested for internal fungal infections (what kind of doctor and what kind of tests did they run)? What kinds of infections were found? What did the doctor say with regards to how these infections may or may not be affecting your eyes?. Thanks!

Well, I didn't ask him to give me the names of all these infections and Candida. It was diagnosed by EAV (electroacutpuncture after Voll). I don't know if you have that in your country. Here, alternative practitioner do that, They kind of press different spots in your hands and feet with something that puts a low kind of electricity in your body and then there is a computer programm which indicates the problems. I only got this idea from the book that I mentioned in the beginning. The theory is that once your body has too many acids (my PH is around 5.5 now, that's really low), your immune system weakens and fungal infections start. These infections cause food intolerance and the books says that these food intolerances cause the dry eye directly. You normally develop food intolerances for things you eat very often that's the reason why you might not notice them. As I said, the doctor expects me to have around 50 intolreances. Once they are measured I will have to try to stop eating the things for 2-3months and then the intolerance will be gone.
      Anyway, I'm just at the beginning right now, I get herbal medicine for the fungal infections and I'm not allowed to eat sugar.
      I'm really believe I might find a cure because the book includes several case studies where people with sjögren have been healed - I'm 21 with sjögren and I won't accept that - a lot of people have been cured so why shouldn't I?

Comment

Thanks for the information! I love your attitude btw Definitely keep us posted with your progress.

-Brighteyes

Comment

for stephgurl 1986, Kcoffiner and Calli66

hi,

i understand you may all have recently been diagnosed as having sjogren's? i think i have the same too. several of us ss patients found something that seem very interesting and promising. you may want to check out the thread under low dose naltrexone (written by me). please research into it as it may help you decide how to treat this AI disease. I have started for 4 days now.

best regards,

Chris C

Comment

helicobacter pylori

Originally posted by stephgurl1986
            I got examined and 19 different fungal infection of the intestine (? I'm unsure about the translation?)were found and now I have to fight against them...
            stephgurl1986,

Was one of the infections you tested positive for called helicobacter pylori? I just came accross the following study linking the prevelence of helicobacter pylori in patients with blepharitis:

http://www.iovs.org/cgi/content/full/47/2/501

Here is a list of treatment options for helicobacter pylori:

Antibiotics. Amoxicillin, a semi-synthetic penicillin, is an effective antibiotic for H. pylori infection. The frequency of amoxicillin-resistant H. pylori organisms is low. The drug rapidly accumulates in antral mucosa via systemic circulation. Its antimicrobial activity against H. pylori depends on the pH level; the minimal inhibitory concentration (MIC) decreases as the pH increases. Clarithromycin is also quite effective, although more resistant organisms are emerging. Co-administration with a PPI significantly increases the concentration of clarithromycin in the antral mucosa and the mucus layer. Erythromycin and azithromycin are much less effective macrolides in vivo and should not be used in H. pylori treatment. Metronidazole is active against H. pylori, and its bioavailability is not influenced by acid suppression; however, resistance to metronidazole is high. Furazolidone has been described as an alternative to metronidazole in resistant cases but, as a monoamine oxidase inhibitor, it may be associated with food and drug interactions.

Acid Reducers. The H. pylori organism prefers an acidic environment. Increasing the gastric pH with the use of a histamine H2-receptor antagonist (H2RA) or a PPI has been shown to improve the effectiveness of antibiotic therapy. In the presence of ulcer disease, PPIs have largely replaced H2RAs because of their ability to provide more rapid pain relief and better control of pH. In addition, PPIs have demonstrated antimicrobial activity against H. pylori. It appears that all the PPIs are comparable; however, larger head-to-head comparisons are not available.

Bismuth Compounds. Bismuth salts have no substantial acid-neutralizing capacity but inhibit pepsin, increase secretion of mucus, and form a barrier to the diffusion of acid in the ulcer crater. They also cause detachment of H. pylori from the gastric epithelium and disrupt bacterial cell walls, resulting in lysis of the bacterium. Side effects include darkening of the oral cavity and stool. Ranitidine bismuth citrate is a combination salt with intrinsic antisecretory and antimicrobial activity that is effective in combination with antibiotics in the eradication of H. pylori. It is not effective as monotherapy.

Suggested treatment. Because patient adherence to therapy is critical, simpler regimens with twice-daily dosing may be more successful in eradicating the H. pylori organism. Based on efficacy, PPI triple therapy or bismuth quadruple therapy for 14 days are recommended in the United States as first-line treatments for patients with H. pylori infection. PPI quadruple therapy or a regimen including furazolidone may serve as second-line treatment for eradication of initial failures and in cases of metronidazole resistance.

http://www.aafp.org/afp/20020401/1327.html
            Last edited by Brighteyes; 03-Dec-2007, 11:55. Reason: add treatment options

Comment

This is such a complex and dodgy subject in my opinion.

Food intolerance and yeast/candida overgrowth etc.. in the alternative world...every single person whoever goes to these people seem always to be diagnosed as having numerous yeast infections .... and then goes on some insanely strict diet. I myself recall 10 years ago ..cutting out just about every food known to man or animal for well over 12 months.....

Is there a walking human being who would be tested and found not to have these? Their testing methods also seem rather weird to me ... I have seen alot of alternative people over the years ...

So i am rather sceptical about the majority of them.

And the weird thing...is.... in my gut (no pun intended)... i really do believe that there could well be something in it. I have unfortunately not however come across anyone in this field who i trust....is telling me the truth...OR who really knows what they are talking about.

I am waffling and have no idea what I am talking about...but i do know that there are an awful lot of charlatans out there.

Comment

Working...
              X