This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by peepers View Post
    hope your feeling better? I think i have ocular rosacea as i sometimes experience facial flushing & eyes are constantly red. I need to be diagnosed but im pretty sure of it.Just wondering is the alkaline water working & has rosacea ltd helped? Im very desperate!!
    Hi! Nope, nothing I have tried have worked I'm about to just give up, and just learn to walk around with red eyes ... But I hate those people who laugh at me becouse I have red eyes That really stinks!

I hope Rhad can help us, he was talking about a cure or something..

Take care

Redeyes!
    The cure: be open minded

Comment

Originally posted by oyvind View Post
      Hi redandsensitive!

I've experienced many of the same problems as you. It is definitely hard to keep a normal lifestyle with red eyes, especially with a full time job.

I currently see an eye doctor in Oslo which may or may not be able to help me. In any case, whereabout in Norway do you reside? We could meet up one day and discuss experiences with someone facing the same issues if you like. Feel free to contact me any time..

take care,

Øyvind
      Yes it is hard to keep a normal lifestyle with red eyes. I would love to meet someone with the same problem as I have!

I will send you a PM in norwegian ;D
      The cure: be open minded

Comment

Just thought i'd share this with you red & sensitive.I used to wear contact lenses but had to give them up because they played havoc with my eyes.I now wear glasses all the time,even to go out on a night out.

This might sound daft but glasses have given me just abit of confidence to walk out the door.Without them i don't think i'd be able to go to work.I like to think that people look at my glasses 1st rather than my red eyes.Im still conscious of them but not as conscious as i would be without the glasses!

If you've got good vision maybe you could just wear glasses as a fashion accessory!Just a suggestion because i can understand how fed up you must be

Comment

red red red eyes!

hey redandsensitive! - on the 'suicide' thing, don't even entertain that thought dude! I too have the same problem as you. My eye redness has had a huge effect on my life. It pretty much nearly messed me up. It even caused me to hit the bottle quite a lot. But I never ever even thought of topping myself. Here's why - When I was about 23 (12 years ago!) I caught a small infection and had to go to the doctor and get tests done. When the results came in the doctor informed me that I had a chance of having a life threatening disease. I wont even mention the name. Let's just say it happened from a one night stand. I was so afraid and depressed that it made my red eye problem seem like nothing. Luckily the doc was wrong (as normal!). Red eyes is a complete bastard of a condition but it doesn't even come close to other conditions out there. My cousin has leukemia. He's had it all his life. he's the same age as me and never even went on a date but he smiles everyday! count yourself lucky and fight the problem!

Read the book 'the secret' and send me a pm for some advice on dating girls whilst having red eyes!

Hugh

Comment

Fight Back!!

Ya know, life could be worse than Red Eyes....I wear goggles 24/7 just to be able to see where I am going and to drive...they fog up...I run into things...bust my head open, trip over things....ever try throwing a ball up and hitting it when you cant open your eyes ? Thats what I do for a living...I adjust....If I want to have a conversation with someone face to face without goggles I have to hold my eyes open with my fingers...cant count how many times I have had to pull over in the walmart parking lot on the way home from work to have my wife and son come get me cause I just couldnt make it home that day...people that dont know me laugh at me all the time out in public...they think I am trying to be cool wearing my superhero goggles...I dont judge them anymore....I feel sorry for them cause being that judgmental has to take alot of energy....I have lost my own vanity and it is liberating not to care what others think of how you look when all you are trying to do is survive... dont take this wrong..but I would trade a day or two without the googles for a little Red Eye...Life is good!! I am grateful for every day and those special times when my condition lets up and I find some normalcy...enjoy your ride here on this planet...your ticket was paid for...make the most of it and enjoy the little things!!! Run from the Darkness! It is all consuming and will swollow you up if you let it....believe me it was so bad in the beginning for me that all I could do was crawl....make adjustments and fight back with what you learn from this board...that is how I made it....

Comment

Working...
            X