Dry Eye and Depression

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi CherryBrandy and CarolynYvonne,

I agree with you CherryBrandy, dry eyes and the PAIN and trials and tribulation is certainly a cause for depression. I have the dry burning eyes, pain, tear overflowing (which is REALLY MESSING UP MY SKIN BY MY EYE), etc. along with severe disc pain and if you stop and think about it, you can REALLY BECOME DEPRESSED!!! As Ian said recently in another thread, my life must have also been boring before the dry eye struggle began. Between shopping and spending lots of bucks on eye treatments (instead of clothes, dinners out, etc.), then soaking your eyes, icing your eyes, wiping your eyes, treating your eyes with gels and eyedrops, taking all the drugs for the Blepharitis and eye infections, there is so little time that if I let my depression bring me down, I will have no time left for any fun (reading, enjoying family, eating, church, enjoying friends). Then there are all of the EYE DR appointments and chiropractor appointments and the PAIN some more. Oh yes, then there is work and being on the computer 9 to 10 hours a day. OUCH.... In Florida, I might add where there are fans and air conditioners and breezes BLASTING your eyes constantly.... THanks for listening. God Bless!!

Comment

Just curious, but did anyone on this site suffer bad depression when they first started having dry eye problems? I know when I first started having bad problems w/ dry eye I was really really depressed for probably almost a year and was just seeing if there were others with similar experiences. You hear about people w/ serious illnesses going through depression, but it almost seems silly that a little thing like dry eyes could have such a negative impact on someones emotions. I'd be interested in hearing some responses
      Yes, I do. To an extent noone who doesn't have the same problem could ever understand.

Comment

Working...
      X