This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, Meledie Joy!

Thanks for the information and the honesty. I've been watching you these past few days. You're like a ray of sunshine! I'm ultra-sensistive to light so I'd better get out the goggles for your future posts!

Thanks for joining us finally. I've very little time tonight to chit-chat; I'm just in for a quick peek. Gotta get the old bod onto the treadmill. I promised myself.

See ya 'round!

Diana
    Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Comment

Originally posted by dianat
      You're like a ray of sunshine! I'm ultra-sensistive to light so I'd better get out the goggles for your future posts!
      My feelings exactly. Great to have you here, MJ!
      Rebecca Petris
      The Dry Eye Foundation
      dryeyefoundation.org
      800-484-0244

Comment

Thanks Diana and Rebecca!

My hubbie wants to know where exactly this "ray of sunshine" lives, 'cause it's not in his house ...

(Sorry not to reply back sooner. My brother and family were here visiting.)

Comment

I tried Neutrogena Clean Lash Tint, and I thought it was very comfortable. It did not clot or flake into my eyes, which has been the reason why I have not liked to wear mascara since I developed dry eyes. I would definitely recommend it!!

-Julie

Comment

Blinc Rocks!

I splurged and tried the Blinc mascara, and I loved it!
            I wore it ALL DAY!!
            Usually ,I am running for the sink and hot compresses a couple of hours in to my day.
            I think I have just developed a rather expensive habit, but the bliss of having lashes again is heavenly

Comment

hehe i agree with the drawing attention to the lips thing.... i tend to go with the lip gloss rather than the lipstick and i have developed quite a collection!! my favorite lip glosses are by victoria secret (yes, they do have makeup), benefit, and clinique.

as for the other makeup, i use under eye concealor by clinique. sometimes it does bother my eyes, but i have very dark circles under my eyes and i figure it is the least i can do if i can't wear mascara, eyeliner, or mascara most of the time.

i also wear neutrogena concealor, neutrogena power, and neutrogena blush. and i'm addicted to softlips even though it is only a lip balm!

when i dress up and go out SOMETIMES i wear neutrogena lash tint (mascara), almay eye liner, and eye shadow by neutrogena or clinique.

p.s. can you tell i like neutrogena products?
              -Amy

Comment

I stopped using all eye make-up completely but now I focus alot on my lips. I use Burt Bee's lip shimmer and I think it looks great.

Comment

my experience of blepharitis

hi im a 23 yr old girl who has suffered from blepharitis for about 4 months. Originally the blepharitis would develop into an inner eye infection where i would need to use drops as it would tern into conjuntavitis. without wearing any make up, usually my eyes feel fine and i only have to clean my eyes every couple of weeks, obviously the problems start when i wear make up. When im in work i dont bother with make up but every few weeks wen i go out, i wouldnt dream of going out without make up so i have to put some on, especially mascarra. on the night out im fine, and when i get home i ensure to clean my eyes and clean them well the day after too, but i usually find the sides of my eyes begin to hurt abit about 2 or 3 days after. i usually find clinique products to be good but have yet to find a good mascarra, i recently tried no 7 sensitive eyes mascarra but a few days later , my eyes still hurt after a night out, it isnt an excessive pain and they dont burn or weep like a lot of the readers on here, it just feels like theres something in the side of my eyes. i reallly hate having this, i remember the days where i would wear make up every single day and it really boosts your confidence, i really hope one day it will disapear! i used to wear contact lenses but i never wear these anymore.

Comment

Great Mascara

I use Avon's Washable Waterproof Mascara. It's the only one I can tolerate.

Comment

Dark circles under the eyes

HI, I've been having dark circles under my eyes all my life, mainly because I'm sri lankan/indian and we have the tendency to get it! Now it appears darker to me, I've used various eye creams, now I found Oglio 25 from Vichy, the only cream I can tolerate! Try it! I have extremely dry eyes!

Comment

Wow great advice on makeup! I have very sparse eyelashes and small eyes...so i HAVE to wear mascara and eyeliner. But now I'm having trouble
                        =(. I am going to purchase the Avon Wash-off Waterproof Mascara to give it a try. I would also like to try the Avon eyeliner...but there are so many different ones. So exactly which eyeliner do/can you gals use?

Gotta get dolled up for NYE parties! =)

Thanks!

Comment

I don't wear make up at work anymore. I only wear make up on the weekends or special ocasions. I use eye liner in the lower eye lids, very little and some eye shadow. I don't wear mascara.
                          I use foundation, and blush and clean it well afterwards.
                          I recomend brands that are hypoallergenic, unscented, etc. I believe Clinique, Almay and neutregena. I f you know another brand let me know.
                          The eye foundation I use is Dior and I make sure I don't apply it to close to the eyes.
                          Again, I give my skin a break 90 % of the time, when before it used to be the other way around.

I also agree with focussing on the lips, a god lip liner and color makes a big difference. (too bad I have sensitive lips too so I only wear vaseline) but I think it is a great idea for all.
                          Anotehr thing, replace your make up regularly and keep them clean.
                          Dr eyes caused by long term contact lens wear

Comment

Ocusoft

Originally posted by skygoddess View Post
                            Last night, I found a mascara on line by Ocusoft,
                            ( they make those fun lidscrub pads ) They claim it lacks all the irritants that you normally find, I'll let everybody know, if it was worth another $10 try.
                            I found this product online also. I would be very interested to know if it works for you. I have been using clinique cake eyeliner with a brush. I do not usually have a reaction. I think you have to remember to wash the brush frequently. I am also trying Bobbie Brown corrector under my eyes. Very expensive, but looks good. Not sure about reactions. I am never sure what makes my eyes worse, except of course, wind, and the air conditioner and the heater.
                            Lilypad

Comment

Clilyquist,
                              I was going through a particularly bad spell when I got that mascara. If I remember correctly, I tossed it because it got old, before I could really give it a proper try.
                              I seem to remember some others giving it a good review though.

Comment

cooling eye makeup

Just found a new line of makeup by neutrogena, skin soothers. I can recommend it. It states it leaves a cooling sensation, and it does.
                                Neat!

Comment

Working...
                                X