Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I may not have enough mucus as opposed to too much, that's maybe why it made things worse by thinning it. I am okay now that I stopped using it yesterday. I am starting a new diet.. Hopefully this will help with the MGD. I am glad u found ur thing that helps u tho!! Always great to hear someone got over it.

Comment

Hi rpnnj, I am also trying NAC and so far no negative effects at all, maybe even a little improvement. I'm just wondering how did you feel after 2 days, how did you know it was working? Also what else are you taking, maybe it's a combo thing to make it work as fast as it did for you?

Comment

Originally posted by browneyesblu View Post
        Hi rpnnj, I am also trying NAC and so far no negative effects at all, maybe even a little improvement. I'm just wondering how did you feel after 2 days, how did you know it was working? Also what else are you taking, maybe it's a combo thing to make it work as fast as it did for you?
        Hi browneyesblu,
        I believe that I took my first NAC in the early evening. When I awoke the next morning, my eyes felt normal but that sometimes happens randomly. I took my second NAC that morning and another late afternoon. My eyes were still feeling normal. I continued the same...morning and late afternoon (take on empty stomach with lots of water). My eyes were normal for 4 days straight...unheard of for me. I had only 5 hours sleep 4th night so my eyes were bad part of that day. I took a nap later in the day and when I awoke my eyes were normal again. Since then I do find that the usual irritants still affect my eyes short term; direct sunlight, wind, fumes/aromas (i.e. items like Purel Hand Sanitizer). However, once the irritant is no longer there, my eyes return to normal within about 20 minutes to a half hour). That never happened before.
        I'm also taking Hyaluronic Acid (HA). This is also a very important supplement for eye health, however, it wasn't until I started taking the NAC that my symptpms improved so dramatically. Connie Chung once did a story on the benefits of 'HA'. it's on Youtube. Just Search "Connie Chung Hyaluronic Acid Japan" and you will find the video.

Long story short...my eyes felt normal on the 2nd day but that may have been random, however, the good days continue to this day.

Note: Some of this post is repetitive (copy pasted from my previous posts) but I didn't want to type everything all over again.
        Good luck!
        rppnj

Comment

Rppnj What supplement are you using for hyaluronic acid?. The only eye drop that helped me is oasis tears with hyaluronic acid. I would like to supplement it orally.

Comment

Originally posted by surya View Post
            Rppnj What supplement are you using for hyaluronic acid?. The only eye drop that helped me is oasis tears with hyaluronic acid. I would like to supplement it orally.
            'Jarrow Formulas' Hyaluronic Acid. 120 capsules, 50mg per capsule. $18.69 on Amazon.

Comment

rpnnj I'm glad to hear you are still doing well. I'm having a different experience but also positive. My eyes still aren't normal but it seems to have unclogged my glands, the oil is still too thick but it's now expressing easily. I think all the thick stuff has to clear out before I really feel normal. Anyway it's an improvement.

Watched the video, impressive. The NAC I'm taking is also from Jarrow Formulas. It's a sustained release formula, you only have to take one 600mg. capsule per day. May I ask how much HA you take per day? Any side effects?

Comment

rpnnj I'm glad to hear you are still doing well. I'm having a different experience but also positive. My eyes still aren't normal but it seems to have unclogged my glands, the oil is still too thick but it's now expressing easily. I think all the thick stuff has to clear out before I really feel normal. Anyway it's an improvement.

Watched the video, impressive. The NAC I'm taking is also from Jarrow Formulas. It's a sustained release formula, you only have to take one 600mg. capsule per day. May I ask how much HA you take per day? Any side effects?
                Hi Browneyesblu, Glad you are doing well! I'm taking 50mg of HA every morning. Jarrow is a very reputable brand. HA is also very good for your joints and skin.

Take care,
                rppnj

Comment

Hi Browneyesblu, I like the idea of the sustained release formula so I just ordered the Jarrow Sustain also. thanks, rppnj

Comment

Originally posted by rppnj View Post
                    Hi Browneyesblu, I like the idea of the sustained release formula so I just ordered the Jarrow Sustain also. thanks, rppnj
                    Its a good product, I think there is also less chance of stomach upset this way. They recommend you take it with fruit juice so make sure you have some around. Thanks for letting me know about the HA. Hope you are still doing well.

Comment

Its a good product, I think there is also less chance of stomach upset this way. They recommend you take it with fruit juice so make sure you have some around. Thanks for letting me know about the HA. Hope you are still doing well.
                      Something very interesting happened. I was involved all day yesterday getting my tax information squared away for my accountant and forgot about my eyes completely and even forgot to take any NAC at all. This morning, when I got up, my eyes felt 'sticky' and I remembered that I didn't take my NAC yesterday so I took it right away. However, my eyes remained uncomfortable all day and are still a little uncomfortable as I write this. I can't be sure but could one day w/o NAC have made a difference? It may be a coincidence but I won't forget to take it again.

Regards,
                      rppnj

Comment

I sure hope you are back to feeling good again tomorrow. As for me, I no longer need MC's to be comfortable although I'm still protecting my eyes with wrap-around glasses, and need almost no hydrating drops during the day. And my glands are unclogging by themselves. To me this is the most amazing thing of all. When I use the compresses now the oil is mostly clear but every now and then a small, white, perfectly round plug comes out. I hope this continues! I was considering Lipiflow but I'm giving the NAC another week first.

Regards and LOL!
                        Last edited by browneyesblu; 19-Mar-2013, 18:44. Reason: forgot something

Comment

I just got my Carlson 60 capsule bottle from amazon today. I opened it up and noticed it had a sulfur type smell, like a hard boiled egg. Is that normal?

Comment

Originally posted by patientpatrick View Post
                            I just got my Carlson 60 capsule bottle from amazon today. I opened it up and noticed it had a sulfur type smell, like a hard boiled egg. Is that normal?
                            Yes, it is normal. "N-acetyl-cysteine is of value mainly because it is produced from cysteine, a sulphur-containing amino acid. Sulphur gives cysteine numerous capabilities in binding with other compounds in the body. glutathione, a highly versatile antioxidant. Cysteine, with its sulphur component, is the central amino acid in glutathione, along with two other amino acids. Glutathione benefits the body in many ways."

I copied and pasted the above quote from the link below. Hth!

http://www.articlesbase.com/suppleme...e-3931715.html

Comment

Originally posted by patientpatrick View Post
                              It might mean that the drug is impure or not fresh enough. See link.

http://www.acetylcysteine.org/acetylcysteine.htm

Comment

Umm after 5 temp plugs every week and no progress I am now jumping on this bandwagon . I asked Dr will it make things worse- nah shouldnt but no trials to suggest it would help either . But i don't think he had heard of NAC.so here goes...
                                I will just buy at chemist as it takes agessss to receive anything via mail in Australia. Not sure how u guys search online as my eyes kill to use computer.
                                Very excited!!
                                Do you guys still take fish oil and other vitamins while taking NAC?
                                http://www.hymntime.com/tch/htm/a/l/l/t/allthings.htm

Comment

Working...
                                X