Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Soaps, NAC is difficult to obtain in Australia, let me know if you find a source. Yes, you can take flaxseed and fish oil with NAC.

Comment

Originally posted by rppnj View Post
      Something very interesting happened. I was involved all day yesterday getting my tax information squared away for my accountant and forgot about my eyes completely and even forgot to take any NAC at all. This morning, when I got up, my eyes felt 'sticky' and I remembered that I didn't take my NAC yesterday so I took it right away. However, my eyes remained uncomfortable all day and are still a little uncomfortable as I write this. I can't be sure but could one day w/o NAC have made a difference? It may be a coincidence but I won't forget to take it again.
      Regards,
      rppnj
      Ok, guys...I started on the NAC again today after missing a day and my eyes returned to normal! They are normal as I am writing this! Wow, I hope this continues! I also switched to 'Jarrow Formula Sustain'. This is a 'time release' NAC, which allows a more consistant dosage throughout the day. Browneyesblu recomended Jarrow Sustain and after reading up on it, I agree. Could this be the "Magic Bullet"! I'll soon know...I've been really sensitive to green tree pollen in the Spring. Last year, green tree pollen was all over everyone's car and my eyes were the worst that they had ever been.

Regards to all,
      rppnj

Comment

Hhmmmmm the sustain tablets are not preservative free. i wonder if this matters if one is on a preservative free diet and allergic to preservatives in the eye?

Ok, guys...I started on the NAC again today after missing a day and my eyes returned to normal! They are normal as I am writing this! Wow, I hope this continues! I also switched to 'Jarrow Formula Sustain'. This is a 'time release' NAC, which allows a more consistant dosage throughout the day. Browneyesblu recomended Jarrow Sustain and after reading up on it, I agree. Could this be the "Magic Bullet"! I'll soon know...I've been really sensitive to green tree pollen in the Spring. Last year, green tree pollen was all over everyone's car and my eyes were the worst that they had ever been.

Regards to all,
        rppnj
        http://www.hymntime.com/tch/htm/a/l/l/t/allthings.htm

Comment

Hhmmmmm the sustain tablets are not preservative free. i wonder if this matters if one is on a preservative free diet and allergic to preservatives in the eye?

Regards to all,
          rppnj
          http://www.hymntime.com/tch/htm/a/l/l/t/allthings.htm

Comment

Regards to all,
            rppnj
            Back on the Carlton NAC. The Jarrow time release did not seem to work as well. Not a good day for my eyes yesterday.

Comment

Back on the Carlton NAC. The Jarrow time release did not seem to work as well. Not a good day for my eyes yesterday.
              Sorry, the brand is Carlson Labs not Carlton.

Comment

Can someone please provide an update with how they are doing with NAC? Thanks!

Comment

I take percaset for a fantastic disease i have. Do you think it is ok to take NAC with percaset has acetamenphine in it?

Comment

It seemed to work well for me. I'm taking a break from it because my doctor prescribed antibiotics (oral) which are supposed to do the same thing as NAC, reduce the mucus. I don't want to have too little. However you shouldn't stay on antibiotics too long so when this course is done I'll go back on the NAC.

Comment

I have been using this wonderful supplement for over a year and have allways promoted it here DEZ...before I took this my eyes were terrible ..NAC precursor to glutathione works by thinning the mucin layer of the tear film and therefore makes he eye feel wetter! NAC also has great anti oxidant ..anti inflammatory mechanisms !

I can literally see the glands orifices unblocking when I use this

Here's some articles:

http://dryeyeproblems8449.wordpress....treat-dry-eye/
                      "Only the body can heal itself, and all healing must come from within your body."

Comment

I didn't understand quite well.

Does NAC reduce the mucus and thinning the mucin layer? But deficiency in the mucin layer and lack of mucus is not a cause of dry eyes?

Comment

Originally posted by BigNate View Post
                          Can someone please provide an update with how they are doing with NAC? Thanks!
                          Still taking NAC. Still having many more good days as opposed to bad days. Best my eyes have been in four years. Just ordered more of the Carlson NAC via Amazon. BTW...I am undergoing the Lipiflow treatment at the 'Wills Eye Institute' in Philadelphia tomorrow (Friday, April 5). I'll report 'early' here tomorrow when I get back. Wish me luck!

Comment

Still taking NAC. Still having many more good days as opposed to bad days. Best my eyes have been in four years. Just ordered more of the Carlson NAC via Amazon. BTW...I am undergoing the Lipiflow treatment at the 'Wills Eye Institute' in Philadelphia tomorrow (Friday, April 5). I'll report 'early' here tomorrow when I get back. Wish me luck!
                            Sorry, I meant early results of the Lipiflow treatment...not early morning.

Comment

rppnj have you found NAC upsets your stomach? I started taking it last week and it seems to be playing havoc with my stomach is that normal when you first start taking it?

Comment

Glad to hear you are still doing well with the NAC. All the best of luck tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                                X