This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Filazafer View Post
    Even if Honey was the cure to all dry eye, don't expect to see it released in any medical journals. It would be hard for the drug companies and doctors to make any money off of honey.

Besides there is no money in the cure, only in the treatment.
    Well, if they ever find a true cure for dry eye, they'll just have to charge a ton of money for it so they will still make a worthwhile profit to pay for all of their research!

Anyhow, figured I'd post an update on my honey experiment.

My MG's are clearly improved... they definitely look better than they did when i started this whole honey experiment...

As for my dry eye symptoms, my eyes continue to feel much more moist than they did before honey... so strange... I wouldn't have expected that... wonder if my MG's are starting to secrete oils more normally and therefore my tears are lasting longer? It's a mystery, I guess... (however, if my 20x magnifying mirror arrives as planned, maybe THEN I will gain some insight into what the heck my MG's are secreting lol)

All I can say is that THIS IS SO COOL! (a little wacky maybe... but COOL!)

Hmmm... I just noticed that there haven't been much in the way of negative posts about trying honey lately... is that because people are being more cautious about experimenting with it, and therefore no-one else has had a bad experience with it lately? or is it just that those with bad experiences just haven't wanted to spoil the party?? I hope that people will continue to post even about negative experiences... it would be good to know what went wrong... what kinds of dry eye problems are seeming to respond to the honey vs. not etc.
    Last edited by SAAG; 01-Jun-2010, 16:50.

Comment

whoot whoot!

Yea Saag, Im so glad its working for you....and yes the theory with the oil mixing with your tears does make you feel like you have more water....at least it did for me...

Im happy its helping...and as you know some people cant handle the stinging in the eye...all least I couldnt either...so each has to struggle to find their own way.

Thanks for keeping us informed of your progress!

Comment

I had read most of this thread, and it gives me some hope of treatment/cure. I shall try this. I was wondering, I'm not sure if it had been asked before, so sorry in advance, but can the honey act sort of like temporary punctal plugs? What I mean is if I dab a small bit of it into my puncta, will that be comparable to plugs?

Comment

Originally posted by synes89 View Post
          I was wondering, I'm not sure if it had been asked before, so sorry in advance, but can the honey act sort of like temporary punctal plugs? What I mean is if I dab a small bit of it into my puncta, will that be comparable to plugs?

I think it would sting badly, your eyes would water like mad, the honey would dissolve in all those tears, and no punctal plugging would occur

Wouldn't want to see you suffer major irritation from it...

Comment

I'm gonna try honey on my lids today. I will let you know how my eyes react to this.
            The cure: be open minded

Comment

Re: manuka honey

I'm picking up my honey tomorrow. I'll also report on how it goes.

Comment

Joining in the fun.

Comment

me to

Ive been using manuka honey for just over a week now and its the best eye week ive had i smear it on lids and top and bottom lashes before bed it is really helping with mucus strings my eyes look whiter feel more moist i also take 4 teaspoons a day have noticed my energy levels are up as well.I LOVE THIS STUFF. Have found a new fantastic optician who says it cannot do any harm and is encouraged by how my eyes are responding he is getting very enthusiastic about this and going to do his own research so i will print him this thread off to show him when i pick up my new glasses next week so thxs guys for this article regards julie

Comment

wow!

I cant be more thankful for all the positive responses! And thanks for everyone coming back to this thread and telling of your stories! It makes me smile that something as simple as honey is healing people...god bless the bees!

Comment

OMG!! This actually works!! How cool is that..
                      I put some on my lids 3-4 times a day and night and my eyes feel waay better than ever before, I think my TBUT has gone up from 3 to 10. It surtenly feels like that.. And since my eyes are more moist, the redness has improved!
                      Before I tried this, my eyes would be FULL of crust in the morning, but now -nothing

And a bonus of using this: I smell like sweet honey all day
                      The cure: be open minded

Comment

For those who apply it on the eyelids which is what I intend to, do you somehow dilute the honey a bit with water or just spread a tiny little layer of the honey on them? I don't intend to put it in my eyes but it's mostly my eyelids that are irritated anyway.

Anyhow, my order has just passed.

The good aspect to this is that, if it doesn't work, I can always eat the rest.

Comment

Hi Redandsensitive, that is awesome. Manuka Honey comes with different UMF(Unique Manuka Factor).

- What UMF is your honey that you are using? For example the honey will state +10, +20 etc on the label.
                          - What brand
                          - and from what website?

Thanks

Hi Regina, can you also please let us know what product and UMF you are using? Thanks

Comment

Hi plat

you know...the first time...i used my 5 year old table honey...then the next week i used my local bee honey....then everybody scared me about infection and i ordered Manuka honey...its still table honey becasuse it says on the label...great on bisquits..haha

I think if your putting it on the eye lid margins it can be anykind. But if i was making eye drops it might be a better idea to use manuka....but I think all honey works...and if you are boiling it with distilled water...it would be safe. Hi Plat!

Comment

Manuka

is anyone else eating it as well works wonders on energy levels and brilliant for high blood pressure. My 14 year old daughter gets a lot of styes and i put a bit on them and clears them up pretty quick brilliant stuff

Comment

Originally posted by Roderick View Post
                                For those who apply it on the eyelids which is what I intend to, do you somehow dilute the honey a bit with water or just spread a tiny little layer of the honey on them? I don't intend to put it in my eyes but it's mostly my eyelids that are irritated anyway.
                                What I did was spread a small dab of honey on my eyelid, and when wet my finger and even it out, by doing so, diluting the honey as well. It seems to work as when it dries out, my eyelids are annoyingly sticky :P

I wouldn't recommend putting honey in your eye though unless you've got very diluted drops. And even then.

Comment

Working...
                                X