Most comfortable drops ever..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most comfortable drops ever..

Just wanted to share to the DEZ community the most comfortable drops I've experienced so far.

Hx: Post-LASIK (8 months) dryness and MGD.
    Current treatment: Restasis 2x day and 100% serum drops 4x day. Castor oil before sleep (this is the only thing that prevents eyelids sticking to eyeballs in the morning)

Recently, I tried putting 100% food-grade almond oil in my eyes and to my surprise it was very comfortable/no stinging or redness. It is more viscous than castor oil for sure. So I put in ~5 drops into my vial of serum tears, and I like the combination of oil+serum better than serum alone. The melting point of almond oil is around 0 deg F, so it doesn't solidify in the refrigerator. I just shake my serum bottle to emulsify the oil droplets. It does cloud your vision for a few minutes, but I think you can experiment with the amount oil. Perhaps 5 drops was too much; next time, I'll try only 2 drops per 5 ml of serum.

Note on restasis: I've been on it for 2 months now and I honestly have no idea if it's helping or not.

Thanks for reading and take care.

Very interesting...F/G

Comment

Hosanna
      excuse the ignorance. But what is 100% serum drops?

Comment

I have been looking for a light viscosity oil that is non-irritating but so far I have had no luck. I cannot use castor oil as it burns me very badly. How sensitive are your eyes? Do you experience any redness or irritation at all with the almond oil?

Comment

I'd say my eyes are pretty sensitive, but there's no irritation for me from castor oil.

Almond oil works well. I don't have any irritation from it. I've heard sesame seed oil also works well and it's a very light oil.

Comment

Hi Andre,

Serum drops are made from your blood serum. It is the liquid portion of your blood that doesn't have any platelets or red blood cells.

Comment

Working...
            X