No announcement yet.

Azasite Rocks (Take 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We have patients who have been on low dose doxcycyline orally for years for rosacea. Azasite and Doxcy are cousins, I think long term therapy should be safe. But you might become allergic to it or it's preservative.

Comment

• I just started on both Azasite and Oracea (doxcycycline)! I am really crossing my fingers it helps... turns out I might have ocular rosacea! I saw the best dermatologist, I'm so glad I stopped thinking this was an eye-doctor-only thing. Eye doctors are looking for eye diseases, so if it's an internal thing, or unrelated problem that dry eyes are simply a symptom of, the eye doctor isn't going to be much help.

If anyone has skin problems and dry eyes, I suggest they talk to a derm about the connection.

I posted the whole story about my derm visit here if anyone is curious

Comment

• Azasite unfortunately did not work for me (I have rosacea-associated blepharitis, MGD, posterior blepharitis, whatever you want to call it). I think I'm allergic to the preservative or something in it...even just rubbing it on my eyelids caused major irritation and redness the next day

Comment

• Hi I was wondering if anyone could give me a bit of info about Azasite...

Is it best used in drop form? I read one post that said taking a weeks worth of the pill form was enough.. ?

Is there a kind of MGD/bleph it is better suited to?

How long do you need to use it for? And also is it safe for long term use?

Is it available in the UK?

Any information is greatly appreciated

Marco.

Comment

• Marco, Azyter is available NHS now.
            Paediatric ocular rosacea ~ primum non nocere

Comment

Working...
            X