Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tried Lipiflow called MIBo in Mt. Dora Fl

Originally posted by heyjude0701 View Post
    Yes ,we are spending enormous amounts of money I gave up on the warm compresses; I had been doing them for a few years and I don't see any difference. The warmth used to feel good on my eyelids, and I would relax and listen to music, but it doesn't feel good anymore so I gave it up. Now cool feels better, so I put the cool AloeMoist cream on them and massage it in. I'm just marking time until I can get another PROSE scleral lens made for my right eye. The clinic in San Francisco isn't open yet. I haven't decided if I should wait until it opens or go back to the tried and true doctor who fitted my PROSE lenses at Weill Cornell in NY a few years ago. That will cost big time because I'm on Medicare now, and Medicare doesn't pay for sclerals. I am also thinking about going to one of the concierge doctors in Carmel, CA ($$$$$$$) who was recommended by a friend. The friend doesn't have dry eyes, but she gets a hormone mix from this doctor for other problems. Since I have no circulating testosterone, maybe this doctor would give me some estrogen/testosterone mix? I am so afraid to mess with hormones. But I think testosterone might help my dry eyes. Maybe if it is a low dose like you are taking, I would not be afraid to try systemic testosterone. I was so hoping that the testosterone eye drops would help, but they burned so badly I couldn't tolerate them. The concierge doctor who I might be able to get testosterone from costs so much money. You have to pay a yearly fee to belong to her "network" and then pay an additional amount for each visit. And of course, she practices medicine completely outside the insurance network, so insurance would cover none of it. There is one eye clinic in Monterey that does Lipiflow. Would it make any difference if I knew whether my meibomian glands are producing any oil or not? Would there be a difference in treatment options depending on the results? It would be interesting to know, but if it wouldn't make a difference (I'm not going to do Lipiflow and I'm not going to have my meibomian glands probed, so I'm not sure it would make a difference if I knew or not). I doubt they are producing oil; I have no ear wax anymore either.
    I have had an amniotic tissue sutured to left eye for dry eye symptoms of scratched cornea. Do not know if the "smoothing" over that cornea will be helpful or not, do know my eye has reduced vision with that implant. Stephen ******, in Tampa, was ready to schedule surgery on right eye the following week. I declined, would not have been able to drive from Orlando. His response, by e-mail was to have a new script for my "spectacles".
    Wonder if meibomian probe may encourage production of oil, as of now his "machine" shows atrophied glands. Doc has poor bedside manner, what to do? Wonder if unforeseen results of probing could surface? Am told "no problems with the procedure.??

Comment

Sorry about the reduced vision, Gram. I know that the cornea accounts for some non-trivial proportion of refraction, so maybe new glasses would help. I have a friend who had meibomian gland probing; it didn't help at all.

Comment

hello.,i,m Lili ...i have also severe dry eyes,dry nose ,si uses,mouth ,ears...due to Sogren,they say,but i,m sure menopause done that to me too...i had Lipiflow in march,i am sorry i did that( i live in Romaniai,ve done it in Italy,costed a lot of money ...and for nothing). I also used autolougous serum drops,which helped a lot with the cornea,i advise all the people with corneal ulcers and erosions to make an effort and have them prepared...but for me they are not working anymore...it,s obvious that i need a treatment for the lacrimal glands and eye lids,not for the eyes and i think that is the case with many of us...we have to find something who could restore their tear procuction or mat least,stop their destruction...hormones are definetely involved,i read a lot of studies(in medical journals,not on the net) and i wished i had HRT 5 years afo...anyway i started with estrogen patches and a little bit of testosteron gel....about the testoseron eye cream,there is a doctor in Florida ( Waxler) who peecribes it succesfully,i changed mails with his office bcs i wanted to buy that cream and i found out it,s done in a compound pharmacy...

Comment

Yoyobee: How did the testosterone cream work for you?

Originally posted by Yoyobee View Post
          It is actually Testosterone cream used for low libido. So no, it will not be applied near my eyes. I apply on my inner arms or inner thighs. None of the docs I've talked to have heard of the eye cream. It is a really low dose as to avoid the negative side effects. 1 milligram/milliliter (if I am reading it correctly) Both my OBGYN and the pharmacist said it is just enough to replace the testosterone I am missing since I no longer have ovaries. I'm going to give it two months. It is really hard to be optimistic but I'm trying.

Comment

Working...
          X