Progesterone & Testosterone eye drops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Travis View Post
    Hi all, this is my first post. I have been suffering from dry eyes and have been unable to wear contacts for more than 3 hours for the past year. Recently I got a prescription for progesterone/testosterone eye drops and have been able to wear my contacts for over 12 hours with minimal discomfort. This has really made a difference in my quality of life. Has anyone else had experience with these drops?
    Travis, who prescribes you these drops and where are they based?
    I healed my dry eye with nutrition and detoxification. I'm now a Nutritional Therapist at: www.nourishbalanceheal.com Join my dry eye facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/420821978111328/

Comment

Dr. Panzer in Houston Texas.

Comment

Oh this is too much! first Dr. Panzer teases us with prokera (complaining that he didn't get much of a bump in new patients after his video aired on TV in Houston) and now this. "Travis" is clearly a shill, I doubt if he actually exists and this is really upsetting. It's bad enough to be trying to find treatment that works, often at great expense, without being solicited in what I consider to be a totally unethical manner. I don't think I'd go anywhere near this guy! Just my opinion on a really grumpy day!

Comment

Totally agree bunny rabbit!! Dr panzer pm'd me last month saying i should try hormone drops. When i asked him for some references he got mad at me for asking.

Comment

Thanks for supporting me on this, Katewest. It's been my experience in life that when you ask questions and get hostility in return, there's something else going on. Dr. Panzer seems to have an agenda here that involves more than providing worthwhile treatment.

Comment

After wasting 1000$ on ipl i am no longer as native about miracle treatments. I am probably at my lowest point right now which is scary because im still young. I am hoping the Boston prose will help me

Comment

Oh Kate, I'm truly sorry to read this. Someone, somewhere has the "magic gloop" that will end this misery and in the meantime, all we can do is keep on trying. I'm tired of the search right now too. Try to be good to yourself, really understand "one day at a time" and pm me, if you like. At least we can rant to each other!

Comment

I am a real person and these drops did help me. There has been much research into the effects of hormones on dry eyes. Here is a link to another doctor in Florida that summarizes the research. Look up Jeffery Dach MD in Florida, he has a page summarizing the research.

Comment

Hi Travis,

Glad to hear you're getting some relief. I have to confess though I always feel a little worried hearing from people who are still wearing contacts if their dry eye is serious enough to pursue such unusual treatments. Curious to know more of your story and what your specific diagnosis and history are?

To the others in this thread, re DrP:

I'm sorry that I was not quicker and firmer in dealing with this problem! It turned out the doctor was sending people unsolicited messages, and in general flouting our forum rules re: doctor participation. I hoped we could work things out but we couldn't. - I really apologize to all for what you were exposed to.
                    Rebecca Petris
                    The Dry Eye Foundation
                    dryeyefoundation.org
                    800-484-0244

Comment

Hi Travis,

thins is so interesting! Glad to hear you have got those drops! I would love to try them myself, but impossible in Sweden. What diagnose do you have and how old are you?

Comment

Travis
                        I have heard the drops burn thats why many use the transdermal cream. Do the drops burn when you put them in? Also what is your diagnosis; MGD, bleph, Allergies etc?

Comment

I still don't know the exact cause of my dry eye condition. I am thirty years old and I have worked for an electroplating company for seven years that I am periodically exposed to hydrochloric acid and sodium hydroxide fumes which really to irritate my eyes. It would seem logical that this is part of the problem. I had the tear lab osmolarity test done which said that I don't have dry eye (number was low). Around 3 years ago I noticed that I couldn't wear my coopervision proclear compatibles much past the end of the work day. I switched to biofinity by the same mfg and was fairly comfortable all day and most night until six months ago. For the past six months i haven't been able to wear my contact lenses for even half a work day. I really don't like wearing glasses because of my high myopia (-6.5 sphere). With a high index 1.67 lens the spherical abberation makes everything distorted on the periphery making it a nuisance to do day to day things. Now I can successfully wear one-day contacts with the use of these drops four times a day with minimal discomfort. The drops do not burn my eyes when I put them in. It worries me a little bit that this is considered an unusual treatment, but to be able to feel like myself again with contacts.

Comment

Is this therapy FDA approved?

Comment

Not to my knowledge. But a physician can have it made at a compounding pharmacy.

Comment

Originally posted by Travis View Post
                                Not to my knowledge. But a physician can have it made at a compounding pharmacy.
                                Do you know what component of your tears were severely lacking? (aqueous, evaporative or mucin deficiency?) What were your symptoms?
                                What drops did you try before those? Did you try restasis, punctual plugs etc before trying these?
                                How long was it since you saw the effects?
                                Last edited by Hemu; 26-Nov-2012, 13:12.

Comment

Working...
                                X