This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi,
    I found this site via Google! What an amazing resource. Thank you for such a valuable forum/shop/digest and blog. I'm a dry eye patient, but don't know the specific diagnosis. Trying piggy back lenses without much success for scarred corneas and prior eye surgery for removal of scar tissue. Now looking into hybrids and awaiting Synergeyes KC lenses. Look forward to learning more about how to manage dry eyes.

Comment

• Hi Rebecca, I searched Google for Blepharitis & came across your forum. It was so encouraging to read the positive stories from your members! I thought that I was alone out there after 3 years of suffering. Now I have some hope! God bless you! Kindest regards, rppnj

Comment

• I started searching for any information I could find about RCE and treatments. This site came up with TranquilEyes so I started looking around. Seems to be more information here than anywhere else I found online. Plus, misery does crave company. Thanks for setting this up so we can all be companions.

Comment

• I was told about the dryeyezone.com at the Boston Foundation for Sight, where I started using the PROSE lenses for my keratoconus. I have read quite a few interesting articles here and I think it is a very helpful site with lots of disease related information. Thank you for all your effort to keep this website active.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick_2012 View Post
            I was told about the dryeyezone.com at the Boston Foundation for Sight, where I started using the PROSE lenses for my keratoconus. I have read quite a few interesting articles here and I think it is a very helpful site with lots of disease related information. Thank you for all your effort to keep this website active.
            Hi Nick, welcome to DEZ and hope you and others enjoy your time here and help contribute your valuable input to the forum.

Comment

• Hi Everyone.

One day we all will get a wonder cure, hang on.

I found this site surfing for "Eye Problems", "Meibomian Gland Dysfunction" etc.

Thanks Rebecca Petris for running this informative site for like persons.

Comment

• Googled "Dry eye night treatment."

Comment

• Hi all! I found this forum when I googled info on ocular cicatricial pemphigoid, which is what I have. It's an autoimmune disease but dry eyes are part of it. Also scarring which is pretty bad on my right eye, I'm told. Treatment right now is steroid drops and I see my doc again on December 4. He wants me to go to the Mayo clinic if I can but I'm hoping I don't have to do that.

Comment

• Google search on corneal erosion

Comment

• I found this website by searching for MGD on YouTube and came across a guy's video who in the comments mentioned he goes to this forum so I quickly had to check it out for myself!

Comment

• Take it one step at a time. Are you seeing an Opthamologist ? What medicines were prescribed ? Restasis ? Aza Site ? Doxycycline ? Systane Artificial tears ? Have you been diagnosed with Ocular Rosacea ? Are you using a Humidifier ? Hot compresses ? Do you have eye pain ? How do you describe the pain ? Zero in an any of the above & ask the Forum what works for them and what doesn't . Share your successes & failures - good information will flow. Welcome.

Comment

• Hi Rebecca,

I searched 'MGD' after seeing an ad for Systane Balance that said it was formulated for MGD, and got a hit from your encyclopedia. It was how I figured out I have it! My doc just kept saying blepharitis, a much more general term. Thanks!

Comment

• Thank you for this website. I have learned a lot, mostly like how many people are sufferening from dry eyes and the consequences. I am now on doctor # 4 and he prescribed antibiotic treatment for my eye lids for 3 months. Anyone else doing this? Antigua

Comment

• Hi Rebecca

I was researching information on dry eye syndrome and whether crying made it worse, I came across your forum and found loads of interesting stuff, and found that much of my suffering was the same as many others. This is my first day on the forum and as I am reading posts I'm saying to myself 'that's exactly what is happening to me. it all makes sense now'. I've just been reading one about fatigue and dry eyes, mine are always so much worse when I'm exhausted, so very sore and itchy, sometimes I would describe it as painful. I try the drops, or the gel to help relieve them, but when really tired or have been crying, it just seems to sting all the more. I have ointment at night, that was recently prescribed to me, that helps a lot, but it's normally for nighttime use as I can't see a thing after I put it in my eyes.

Denise

Comment

• I found this website via google search when I was looking for information about Restasis.

Comment

Working...
                                X